Repliva 21/ 7
Generic Name: iron/succinic acid/vitamin c/folic acid/vitamin b12 (EYE-urn/sux-IN-ic AS-id/VYE-ta-min C/FOE-lik AS-id/VYE-ta-min B 12)
Brand Name: Examples include Chromagen Forte and Repliva 21/7
Accidental overdose of products that contain iron is a leading cause of fatal poisoning in children younger than 6 years old. Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children. In case of accidental ingestion, call the poison control center or a doctor at once.
Repliva 21/ 7 is used for:
Treating certain types of anemia that can be helped by increasing the amount of iron in the body (eg, anemia caused by pregnancy, blood loss, low dietary iron, metabolic disease, surgery). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Repliva 21/7 is a combination of vitamins and minerals. It works by replacing iron in the body.
Do NOT use Repliva 21/ 7 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Repliva 21/7
- you have too much iron in your body (eg, hemosiderosis, hemochromatosis)
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Repliva 21/ 7:
Some medical conditions may interact with Repliva 21/7. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have another type of anemia (eg, pernicious anemia, megaloblastic anemia, hemolytic anemia)
- if you have stomach or bowel problems (eg, inflammation, Crohn disease, ulcer), metabolism problems, porphyria, or a blood disease (eg, thalassemia)
- if you have had multiple blood transfusions
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Repliva 21/7. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Fluorouracil because the risk of its side effects may be increased by Repliva 21/7
- Doxycycline, hydantoins (eg, phenytoin), mycophenolate, penicillamine, or thyroid hormones (eg, levothyroxine) because their effectiveness may be decreased by Repliva 21/7
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Repliva 21/7 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Repliva 21/ 7:
Use Repliva 21/7 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Repliva 21/7 by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Swallow Repliva 21/7 whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Take Repliva 21/7 with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL). Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking Repliva 21/7.
- If you also take cefdinir, methyldopa, a quinolone antibiotic (eg, ciprofloxacin), or a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline), ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take it with Repliva 21/7.
- If you miss a dose of Repliva 21/7, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Repliva 21/7.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you take Repliva 21/7 unless your doctor tells you to.
- Repliva 21/7 may cause your stools to darken. This is normal and not a cause for concern.
- Repliva 21/7 may interfere with certain lab tests, such as tests used to check for blood in the stool. Make sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are using Repliva 21/7.
- Lab tests, including blood counts and iron levels, may be performed while you use Repliva 21/7. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- Repliva 21/7 should be used with extreme caution in CHILDREN; safety and effectiveness in children have not been confirmed.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Repliva 21/7 while you are pregnant. Repliva 21/7 is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Repliva 21/7, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Repliva 21/ 7:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Constipation; darkened or green stools; diarrhea; nausea; stomach upset; vomiting.
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); black, tarry stools; blood or streaks of blood in the stool; severe or persistent vomiting or stomach pain.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately. Symptoms may include black, tarry stools; chest pain; coma; dizziness; fast heartbeat; fever; increased or decreased urination; increased thirst or hunger; seizures; severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or stomach pain; shortness of breath; sluggishness; trouble breathing; unusual tiredness or drowsiness; unusually pale skin; weak pulse.Proper storage of Repliva 21/7:
Store Repliva 21/7 at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Repliva 21/7 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Repliva 21/7, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Repliva 21/7 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Repliva 21/7 or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Repliva 21/7. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Repliva 21/7. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Repliva 21/7.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Repliva 21/7 (multivitamin with iron)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: iron products