Generic Name: Prucalopride (proo KAL oh pride)
Brand Name: Motegrity
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 19, 2019.
Uses of Prucalopride:
- It is used to treat constipation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Prucalopride?
- If you have an allergy to prucalopride or any other part of prucalopride.
- If you have any of these health problems: Bowel problems like bowel block, Crohn's disease, hole in the GI (gastrointestinal) tract, or ulcerative colitis.
- If you have kidney disease or are on dialysis.
- If you have a rare hereditary problem of galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with prucalopride.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take prucalopride with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Prucalopride?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take prucalopride. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using prucalopride while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Prucalopride) best taken?
Use prucalopride as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- To gain the most benefit, do not miss doses.
- Keep taking prucalopride as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- New or worse behavior or mood changes like depression or thoughts of killing yourself.
What are some other side effects of Prucalopride?
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Belly pain.
- Feeling tired or weak.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Prucalopride?
- Store in the original container at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about prucalopride, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about prucalopride
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 4 Reviews
- Drug class: serotoninergic neuroenteric modulators
Other brands: Motegrity