Generic name: Vitamins (Multiple/Oral) [ VYE-ta-mins, MUL-ti-pul/OR-al ]
Brand names: ABDEK, Androvite, CalciFol, CalciFolic-D, Centamin, ... show all 98 brands Centrum Cardio, Centrum Flavor Burst, Centrum MultiGummies, Centrum Performance, Centrum Silver Ultra Men's, Centrum Silver Ultra Women's, Centrum Silver, Centrum Ultra Men's, Centrum Ultra Women's, Centrum, Corvite 150, CyFolex, Diatx Zn, Drinkables Fruits and Vegetables, Drinkables MultiVitamins, Encora, FeRiva, FeRiva 21/7, FeRivaFA, Ferralet 90, Foltrin, Freedavite, Fusion Plus, Fusion, Genicin Vita-Q, Geri-Freeda, Geriation, Geritol Complete, Geritol Extend, Geritol Tonic, Glutofac-MX, Gynovite Plus, Hemocyte Plus, Hi-Kovite, Iberet-500, K-Tan Plus, Monocaps, Multilex, Multilex-T&M, Myadec, NeoMultivite, Nicadan, NicAzel Forte, NuFera, Nutrimin-Plus, Ocuvel, Ocuvite Adult 50+, Ocuvite Extra, Ocuvite Lutein, Ocuvite, One A Day Cholesterol Plus, One A Day Energy, One A Day Essential, One A Day Maximum, One A Day Men's 50+ Advantage, One A Day Men's Health Formula, One A Day Teen Advantage for Her, One A Day Teen Advantage for Him, One A Day Weight Smart Advanced, One A Day Women’s Active Mind & Body, One A Day Women’s, One A Day Women's 50+ Advantage, One-Daily/Iron, Optivite P.M.T., PreserVision AREDS 2 Formula + Multivitamin, PreserVision AREDS, PreserVision Lutein, Quflora FE, Quintabs, Quintabs-M Iron-Free, Quintabs-M, Replace Without Iron, Replace, Repliva 21/7, Strovite, Strovite Forte, Strovite Plus, T-Vites, Thera-Tabs M, Theramill Forte, TL-HEM 150, Ultra Freeda A-Free, Ultra Freeda Iron-Free, Ultra Freeda With Iron, Viactiv Calcium Flavor Glides, Viactiv Flavor Glides, Viactiv for Teens, Viactiv With Calcium, Viactiv, Virt-FeFA Plus, Vitafol, Xtramins, Yelets
Drug class: Vitamin and mineral combinations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 15, 2022.
WarningIf your product has iron in it:
- Accidental overdose of drugs that have iron in them is a leading cause of deadly poisoning in children younger than 6 years of age. Keep away from children. If One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)) is taken by accident, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
Uses of One A Day Teen Advantage for Her:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take One A Day Teen Advantage for Her?
- If you are allergic to One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)); any part of One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
If your product has iron in it:
- If you have too much iron in your body.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take One A Day Teen Advantage for Her?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)).
- If you are allergic to soy, talk with your doctor. Some products have soy.
- If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with your doctor. Some products have tartrazine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (One A Day Teen Advantage for Her) best taken?
Use One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)). If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)).
- Chew well before swallowing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
If your product has iron in it:
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Stomach cramps.
What are some other side effects of One A Day Teen Advantage for Her?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
If your product has iron in it:
- Change in color of stool to green.
- Belly pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out One A Day Teen Advantage for Her?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about One A Day Teen Advantage for Her (vitamins (multiple/oral)), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Frequently asked questions
More about multivitamin
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (219)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Support group
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- En español
- Drug Information
- Folic Acid and Cyanocobalamin
- Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin, and Pyridoxine
- Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, Omega-3 Acids, and Phytosterols
- Methylfolate, Methylcobalamin, and Acetylcysteine
Folbee, MVI Adult, Vitamins, Folbic, ... +25 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.