Uses of Neulasta Delivery Kit:
- It is used to lower the chance of getting an infection in people with bone marrow problems caused by chemo.
- It is used in patients who have been exposed to certain doses of radiation.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Neulasta Delivery Kit?
- If you have an allergy to Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) or any part of Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have a latex allergy, talk with your doctor.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Neulasta Delivery Kit?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not get Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) within 14 days before or on the same day that you get chemo. Talk with your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- Some people with sickle cell disease have had times where the sickle cell disease has gotten worse when taking Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector). Sometimes, this has been deadly. Talk with the doctor.
- This medicine may cause a very bad and sometimes deadly problem called capillary leak syndrome (CLS). CLS may lead to low blood pressure and harm to the body. It may also lead to a heartbeat that is not normal, chest pain or pressure, heart attack, lung or breathing problems, bleeding or lower blood flow in the stomach or bowel, kidney problems, swelling, or feeling confused. Talk with the doctor.
- If you are allergic to acrylics, talk with your doctor.
- If you are using the On-Body Injector: Do not travel, drive, or do other tasks or actions that require alertness during hours 26 through 29 after the Injector is put on. Be sure you understand how the Injector works, what tasks and actions to avoid, and when to avoid them. Be sure you know how to tell if all of the drug has been given or if there has been a problem with the Injector. Talk with your doctor.
- You will need to avoid some things while using the On-body Injector like airport X-ray scans, sleeping on or putting pressure on it, bumping it, and getting skin products near it. Keep the On-body Injector at least 4 inches away from electrical equipment like phones and microwaves. Do not peel off the sticky part before your dose has been given.
- Tell your doctor you have Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) on before you have certain exams like MRIs, X-rays, CT-scans, and ultrasounds.
- Avoid use of heat sources (such as sunlamps, tanning beds, heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, saunas, hot tubs, heated waterbeds). Avoid long, hot baths or sunbathing. Your temperature may rise and cause too much drug to pass into your body.
- This medicine is not approved for use in children. Talk with the doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Neulasta Delivery Kit) best taken?
Use Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Follow how to use as you have been told by the doctor or read the package insert.
- Your doctor will put on the skin.
- Call the doctor right away if you think that the device may not have worked the right way. Call the doctor right away if the On-body Injector comes off before or during a dose, if it is leaking, or if the sticky part is wet. Call the doctor right away if the light on the On-body Injector flashes red.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Dark urine.
- A fast heartbeat.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Sweating a lot.
- Shortness of breath.
- Fast breathing.
- Feeling very tired or weak.
- Enlarged and ruptured spleens have happened with Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector). Sometimes, ruptured spleens have been deadly. Call your doctor right away if you have left upper stomach pain or left shoulder pain.
What are some other side effects of Neulasta Delivery Kit?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Bone pain.
- Muscle pain.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Neulasta Delivery Kit?
- Store in a refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- If needed, Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) can be left out at room temperature for up to 12 hours before use. Throw away any part not used after 12 hours.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector) or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector). It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector). This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Neulasta Delivery Kit (pegfilgrastim on-body injector).
Review Date: February 7, 2018
More about Neulasta (pegfilgrastim)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 29 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: colony stimulating factors