L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5
Generic name: Methylfolate (meth il FO late)
Brand name: Denovo, Deplin 15, Deplin 7.5, Elfolate, L-Methylfolate Formula 15, ...show all 7 brand names.L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5, L-Methylfolate Forte
Drug class: Vitamins
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 9, 2021.
The L-Methylfolate Formula brand name has been discontinued in the U.S. If generic versions of this product have been approved by the FDA, there may be generic equivalents available.
Uses of L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5:
- It is used to aid diet needs.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5?
- If you have an allergy to methylfolate or any other part of L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate).
- If you are allergic to L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate); any part of L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you drink alcohol.
- If you smoke, talk with your doctor.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with your doctor. Some products have tartrazine.
- If you take cholestyramine or colestipol, talk with your pharmacist about how to take them with L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5) best taken?
Use L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food.
- Keep taking L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate) as you have been told by your doctor or other health care provider, even if you feel well.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5?
- Store in the original container at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Protect from heat.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about L-Methylfolate Formula 7.5 (methylfolate), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about L-Methylfolate Formula (l-methylfolate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: vitamins
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.