Generic Name: glucose (GLOO-kose)
Brand Name: Insta-Glucose
Insta-Glucose gel is used for:
Treating reactions caused by low blood glucose (sugar).
Insta-Glucose gel is a monosaccharide (simple sugar). It works by quickly raising the glucose level in the blood.
Do NOT use Insta-Glucose gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Insta-Glucose gel
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Insta-Glucose gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with Insta-Glucose gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Insta-Glucose gel. However, no specific interactions with Insta-Glucose gel are known at this time.
Ask your health care provider if Insta-Glucose gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Insta-Glucose gel:
Use Insta-Glucose gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take Insta-Glucose gel by mouth as directed by your doctor.
- If you miss a dose of Insta-Glucose gel, contact your doctor right away.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Insta-Glucose gel.
Important safety information:
- If your symptoms do not get better or if they get worse, check with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor about any low blood sugar reactions.
- Check the expiration date on Insta-Glucose gel regularly. Replace it so you always have a non-expired product available.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: Insta-Glucose gel has not been shown to cause harm to the fetus. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use Insta-Glucose gel, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Insta-Glucose gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Insta-Glucose gel:
Store Insta-Glucose gel at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Insta-Glucose gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Insta-Glucose gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Insta-Glucose gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Insta-Glucose gel or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Insta-Glucose gel. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Insta-Glucose gel. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Insta-Glucose gel.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about Insta-Glucose (glucose)
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: glucose elevating agents