Generic Name: multivitamin (muhl-tee-VYE-ta-min/MIN-er-als)
Brand Name: AquADEKs
AquADEKs drops are used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of vitamins and minerals in the body. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
AquADEKs drops are a vitamin and mineral supplement. It works by providing extra vitamins and minerals to the body when you do not get enough from your diet.
Do NOT use AquADEKs drops if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in AquADEKs drops
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using AquADEKs drops:
Some medical conditions may interact with AquADEKs drops. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with AquADEKs drops. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Acitretin because the risk of its side effects may be increased by AquADEKs drops
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin) because their effectiveness may be decreased by AquADEKs drops
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if AquADEKs drops may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use AquADEKs drops:
Use AquADEKs drops as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take AquADEKs drops by mouth with or without food. If stomach upset occurs, take with food to reduce stomach irritation.
- Shake well before each use.
- Use the dropper that comes with AquADEKs drops to measure your dose. Ask your pharmacist for help if you are unsure of how to measure your dose.
- If you are also taking a quinolone antibiotic (eg, ciprofloxacin), a tetracycline antibiotic (eg, minocycline), or a thrombopoietin mimetic (eg, eltrombopag), ask your doctor or pharmacist how to take them with AquADEKs drops.
- If you miss a dose of AquADEKs drops, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use AquADEKs drops.
Important safety information:
- Do not take large doses of vitamins while you use AquADEKs drops unless your doctor tells you to.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose or use for longer than prescribed without checking with your doctor.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using AquADEKs drops while you are pregnant. It is not known if this medicine is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use AquADEKs drops, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of AquADEKs drops:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with this product. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of AquADEKs drops:
Store AquADEKs drops at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep AquADEKs drops out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about AquADEKs drops, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- AquADEKs drops are to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take AquADEKs drops or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about AquADEKs drops. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to AquADEKs drops. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using AquADEKs drops.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.