Triderm Side Effects
Generic Name: triamcinolone topical
Note: This page contains side effects data for the generic drug triamcinolone topical. It is possible that some of the dosage forms included below may not apply to the brand name Triderm.
For the Consumer
Applies to triamcinolone topical: topical application cream, topical application lotion, topical application ointment, topical application spray
As well as its needed effects, triamcinolone topical (the active ingredient contained in Triderm) may cause unwanted side effects that require medical attention.
Major Side Effects
If any of the following side effects occur while taking triamcinolone topical, check with your doctor immediately:Incidence not known:
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (e.g. between the fingers)
Minor Side Effects
Some triamcinolone topical side effects may not need any medical attention. As your body gets used to the medicine these side effects may disappear. Your health care professional may be able to help you prevent or reduce these side effects, but do check with them if any of the following side effects continue, or if you are concerned about them:Incidence not known:
- Acne or pimples
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of the hair
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of treated areas of dark skin
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- softening of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to triamcinolone topical: mucous membrane paste, topical cream, topical kit, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical spray
The most commonly reported side effects were burning, itching, irritation, and dryness.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis suppression, Cushing's syndrome[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Burning, itching, irritation, dryness[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, blistering or peeling not present prior to therapy, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, maceration of the skin and oral mucosa, secondary infection, atrophy of the skin and oral mucosa, striae, and miliaria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hyperglycemia, glucosuria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Intracranial hypertension (including bulging fontanelles, headaches, bilateral papilledema)[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. "Product Information. Kenalog (triamcinolone topical)." Westwood Squibb Pharmaceutical Corporation, Buffalo, NY.
3. "Product Information. Aristocort Topical (triamcinolone topical)." Fujisawa, Deerfield, IL.
It is possible that some side effects of Triderm may not have been reported. These can be reported to the FDA here. Always consult a healthcare professional for medical advice.
More about Triderm (triamcinolone topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical steroids
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.