Statuss Green Side Effects
Generic Name: chlorcyclizine / codeine / pseudoephedrine
Note: This document contains side effect information about chlorcyclizine / codeine / pseudoephedrine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Statuss Green.
Applies to chlorcyclizine/codeine/pseudoephedrine: oral liquid
Frequency not reported: Respiratory depression
Frequency not reported: Excitability, nervousness, insomnia
Frequency not reported: Drowsiness[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Blurred vision[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Rashes, severe scarlatiniform eruptions, generalized dermatitis[Ref]
1. "American Geriatrics Society 2015 Updated Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults." J Am Geriatr Soc 63 (2015): 2227-46
2. Shorr RI, Griffin MR, Daugherty JR, Ray WA "Opioid analgesics and the risk of hip fracture in the elderly: codeine and propoxyphene." J Gerontol 47 (1992): m111-5
3. Zolezzi M, Al Mohaimeed SA "Seizures with intravenous codeine phosphate." Ann Pharmacother 35 (2001): 1211-3
4. de Groot AC, Conemans J "Allergic urticarial rash from oral codeine." Contact Dermatitis 14 (1986): 209-14
5. Bradley CM, Nicholson AN "Effects of a mu-opoiod receptor agonist (codeine phosphate) on visuo-motor coordination and dynamic visual acuity in man." Br J Clin Pharmacol 22 (1986): 507-12
6. "Product Information. Notuss-NXD (chlorcyclizine / codeine / pseudoephedrine)." SJ Pharmaceuticals formerly Stewart-Jackson Pharmacal Inc, Atlanta, GA.
7. Malek-Ahmadi P, Ramsey ML "Acute psychosis associated with codeine and acetaminophen: a case report." Neurobehav Toxicol Teratol 7 (1985): 193-4
8. Stambaugh JE Jr, McAdams J "Comparison of the analgesic efficacy and safety of oral ciramadol, codeine, and placebo in patients with chronic cancer pain." J Clin Pharmacol 27 (1987): 162-6
9. Redpath JB, Pleuvry BJ "Double-blind comparison of the respiratory and sedative effects of codeine phosphate and (+/-)-glaucine phosphate in human volunteers." Br J Clin Pharmacol 14 (1982): 555-8
10. Max MB, Schafer SC, Culnane M, et al "Association of pain relief with drug side effects in postherpeticneuralgia: a single-dose study of clonidine, codeine, ibuprofen, and placebo." Clin Pharmacol Ther 43 (1988): 363-71
11. Cox RG "Hypoxaemia and hypotension after intravenous codeine phosphate." Can J Anaesth 41 (1994): 1211-3
12. Parke TJ, Nandi PR, Bird KJ, Jewkes DA "Profound hypotension following intravenous codeine phosphate: three case reports and some recommendations." Anaesthesia 47 (1992): 852-4
13. Hastier P, Buckley MJM, Peten EP, Demuth N, Dumas R, Demarquay JF, CaroliBosc FX, Delmont JP "A new source of drug-induced acute pancreatitis: Codeine." Am J Gastroenterol 95 (2000): 3295-8
14. Stringer MD, Greenfield S, McIrvine AJ "Stercoral perforation of the colon following postoperative analgesia." J R Soc Med 80 (1987): 115-6
15. Knaggs RD, Crighton IM, Cobby TF, Fletcher AJ, Hobbs GJ "The pupillary effects of intravenous morphine, codeine, and tramadol in volunteers." Anesth Analg 99 (2004): 108-12
16. Hunskaar S, Dragsund S "Scarlatiniform rash and urticaria due to codeine." Ann Allergy 54 (1985): 240-1
17. Rodriguez F, Fernandez L, Garciaabujeta JL, Maquiera E, Llaca HF, Jerez J "Generalized dermatitis due to codeine." Contact Dermatitis 32 (1995): 120
18. Gonzalogarijo MA, Revengaarranz F "Fixed drug eruption due to codeine." Br J Dermatol 135 (1996): 498-9
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.