Skelid Side Effects
Generic Name: tiludronate
Note: This document contains side effect information about tiludronate. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Skelid.
Applies to tiludronate: oral tablet
Common (1% to 10%): Hypertension, flushing[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Hyperparathyroidism[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Urinary tract infection[Ref]
Bone, joint, and/or muscle pain, rarely severe and/or incapacitating have been reported.[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Arthralgia, back pain, arthrosis, fracture pathological, skeletal pain
Postmarketing reports: Atypical subtrochanteric and diaphyseal femoral fractures have been reported with bisphosphonate therapy, including this drug[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Lourwood DL "The pharmacology and therapeutic utility of bisphosphonates." Pharmacotherapy 18 (1998): 779-89
4. "Product Information. Skelid (tilundronate)." Sanofi Winthrop Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
5. Roux C, Listrat V, Villette B, Lessana-Leibowitch M, Ethgen D, Pelissier C, Dougados M, Amor B "Long-lasting dermatological lesions after tiludronate therapy." Calcif Tissue Int 50 (1992): 378-80
6. Reginster JY, Lecart MP, Deroisy R, Ethgen D, Zegels B, Franchimont P "Paget's disease of bone treated with a five day course of oral tiludronate." Ann Rheum Dis 52 (1993): 54-7
7. Fraser WD, Stamp TC, Creek RA, Sawyer JP, Picot C "A double-blind, multicentre, placebo-controlled study of tiludronate in Paget's disease of bone." Postgrad Med J 73 (1997): 496-502
More about Skelid (tiludronate)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: bisphosphonates
- FDA Alerts (3)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.