Prednicarbate topical Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 8, 2022.
Applies to prednicarbate topical: topical application emollient cream, topical application ointment.
Serious side effects
Along with its needed effects, prednicarbate topical may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking prednicarbate topical:
- Burning, itching, drying, scaling, or cracking of the skin
- irritation of the skin
- raised, dark red, or wart-like spots on the skin, especially when used on the face
- shininess or thinness of the skin
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (e.g., between the fingers)
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- hives or welts
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- skin rash
Incidence not known
- Irritation of the skin around the mouth
- redness and scaling around the mouth
Other side effects
Some side effects of prednicarbate topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Acne or pimples
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of the hair
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
More about prednicarbate topical
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (2)
- Drug class: topical steroids
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.