Halog Side Effects
Generic name: halcinonide topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Mar 2, 2022.
Note: This document contains side effect information about halcinonide topical. Some dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Halog.
Applies to halcinonide topical: topical application cream, topical application ointment, topical application solution.
Serious side effects of Halog
Along with its needed effects, halcinonide topical (the active ingredient contained in Halog) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking halcinonide topical:
Incidence not known
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (e.g. between the fingers)
Other side effects of Halog
Some side effects of halcinonide topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Acne or pimples
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of the hair
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of treated areas of dark skin
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- softening of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to halcinonide topical: topical cream, topical ointment, topical solution.
The most commonly reported side effects were burning, itching, irritation, and dryness.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Hyperglycemia, glucosuria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Burning, itching, irritation, dryness[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneiform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, allergic contact dermatitis, maceration of the skin, secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria[Ref]
More about Halog (halcinonide topical)
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (3)
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- Drug class: topical steroids
- En español
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Halog (halcinonide topical)." Bristol-Myers Squibb
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.