Dilex-G 200 Side Effects
Generic Name: dyphylline / guaifenesin
Note: This document contains side effect information about dyphylline / guaifenesin. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Dilex-G 200.
For the Consumer
Applies to dyphylline / guaifenesin: oral liquid
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of high blood sugar like confusion, feeling sleepy, more thirst, more hungry, passing urine more often, flushing, fast breathing, or breath that smells like fruit.
- A fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Fast breathing.
- Very bad dizziness or passing out.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Blood in the urine.
- Feeling irritable.
- Feeling agitated.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Belly pain.
- Not able to sleep.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Endocrine side effects have included hyperglycemia and inappropriate ADH syndrome.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Panfil G (dyphylline-guaifenesin)." Pamlab LLC, Mandeville, LA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Dilex-G 200 (dyphylline / guaifenesin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antiasthmatic combinations