Cordran Tape Side Effects
Generic Name: flurandrenolide topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on June 25, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about flurandrenolide topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Cordran Tape.
For the Consumer
Applies to flurandrenolide topical: topical application cream, topical application lotion, topical application ointment, topical application tape
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, flurandrenolide topical (the active ingredient contained in Cordran Tape) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking flurandrenolide topical:
Incidence not known
- Blistering, burning, crusting, dryness, or flaking of the skin
- itching, scaling, severe redness, soreness, or swelling of the skin
- redness and scaling around the mouth
- thinning of the skin with easy bruising, especially when used on the face or where the skin folds together (eg, between the fingers)
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of flurandrenolide topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence not known
- Acne or pimples
- burning and itching of the skin with pinhead-sized red blisters
- burning, itching, and pain in hairy areas, or pus at the root of the hair
- increased hair growth on the forehead, back, arms, and legs
- lightening of normal skin color
- lightening of the treated areas of dark skin
- reddish purple lines on the arms, face, legs, trunk, or groin
- softening of the skin
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to flurandrenolide topical: topical cream, topical lotion, topical ointment, topical tape
The most commonly reported side effects were burning, itching, irritation, and dryness.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Folliculitis, hypertrichosis, acneform eruptions, hypopigmentation, perioral dermatitis, maceration of the skin, secondary infection, skin atrophy, striae, miliaria
Frequency not reported: Hyperglycemia, glucosuria[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Burning, itching, irritation, dryness[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Cordran (flurandrenolide topical)." Oclassen Pharmaceuticals Inc, Corona, CA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
More about Cordran Tape (flurandrenolide topical)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 10 Reviews
- Drug class: topical steroids
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.