Butalbital Side Effects
Applies to butalbital: compounding powder
Nervous system side effects including drowsiness, lightheadedness, dizziness, sedation, and an intoxicated feeling have been reported frequently from the use of butalbital. Headache and seizures have been reported infrequently. Mental confusion, excitement, or depression have also been reported due to either intolerance (primarily in elderly or debilitated patients) or due to an overdosage of butalbital.[Ref]
More about butalbital
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Fiorinal (ASA/butalbital/caffeine)" Actavis (formerly Abrika Pharmaceuticals LLP), Sunrise, FL.
2. "Product Information. Fioricet (APAP/butalbital/caffeine)." Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ.
3. "Product Information. Fiorinal with Codeine Capsules (ASA/butalbital/caffeine/codeine)" Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ.
4. "Product Information. Esgic-plus (APAP/butalbital/caffeine)" Forest Pharmaceuticals, St. Louis, MO.
5. "Product Information. Sedapap (acetaminophen-butalbital)" Merz Pharmaceuticals, Greensboro, NC.
6. "Product Information. Fioricet with Codeine Capsules (APAP/butalbital/caffeine/codeine)" Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.