Aspercreme Back & Body Side Effects
Generic Name: trolamine salicylate topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about trolamine salicylate topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Aspercreme Back & Body.
For the Consumer
Applies to trolamine salicylate topical: external aerosol, external cream, external lotion
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to trolamine salicylate topical: topical cream, topical lotion, topical pad
In general, trolamine salicylate topical (the active ingredient contained in Aspercreme Back & Body) has been safe to use. If applied over a large area, salicylate type side effects (e.g., tinnitus, nausea, and/or vomiting) could potentially occur.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Aspercreme (trolamine salicylate topical)." Chattem Consumer Products, Chattanooga, TN.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Aspercreme Back & Body (trolamine salicylate topical)
- Aspercreme Back & Body Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Support Group
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: topical rubefacient