Arazlo Side Effects
Generic name: tazarotene topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 17, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about tazarotene topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Arazlo.
For the Consumer
Applies to tazarotene topical: topical cream, topical foam, topical gel/jelly, topical lotion
Side effects requiring immediate medical attention
Along with its needed effects, tazarotene topical (the active ingredient contained in Arazlo) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking tazarotene topical:
- Burning or stinging of the skin (severe)
- changes in color of the treated skin
- deep grooves or lines in the skin
- dryness, itching, peeling, or redness of the skin (severe)
- pain or swelling of the treated skin
- skin rash (in patients with psoriasis only)
Incidence not known
- Blistering, crusting, or irritation of the skin
- cracked, dry, scaly skin
- flaking and falling off of the skin
- swelling at or near the application site
Side effects not requiring immediate medical attention
Some side effects of tazarotene topical may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects.
Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Burning or stinging after application
- dryness, itching, peeling, or redness of the skin (mild)
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to tazarotene topical: topical cream, topical foam, topical gel, topical lotion
Common (1% to 10%): Hypertriglyceridemia[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Facial pain[Ref]
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Infection[Ref]
Frequently asked questions
- Can Tazorac and Differin be used together?
- What does it do to your skin?
- What are the different brands of tazarotene?
More about Arazlo (tazarotene topical)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Tazorac (tazarotene topical)." Allergan Inc, Irvine, CA.
2. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.