Giltuss Childrens Cough and Chest Congestion
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on March 18, 2021.
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL, GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL
Labeler: Gil Pharmaceutical Corp
NDC Code: 58552-133
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)
Dextromethorphan HBr, 10 mg
Guaifenesin, 100 mg
- temporarily relieves
- cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold or inhaled irritants
- the intensity of coughing
- the impulse to cough to help your child get to sleep
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make cough more productive and drain bronchial tubes
Do not use if your child is now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough that lasts such as occurs with asthma
Stop use and ask a doctor or pharmacist if the child has
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by fever
- cough comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache.
These could be signs of a serious condition.
When using this product
- do not use more than directed.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour period
- use enclosed dosing cup
- keep dosing cup for use with this product
- mL = milliliters
|children under 2 years||Consult a doctor|
|children 2 to under 6 years of age||2.5 mL every 4 hours|
|children 6 to under 12 years of age||5 mL every 4 hours|
|children 12 years and over||10 mL every 4 hours|
- store at room temperature 15°- 30°C (59° - 86°F)
- close cap tightly
- SAVE CARTON FOR COMPLETE DRUG FACTS
Inactive ingredients Citric acid, flavor, D&C red #33, flavor, methylparaben, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, and sucrose
Questions or comments?
Call 1-787-848-9114, Monday - Friday 9AM - 5PM EST. Call your doctor for medical advice in the event of side effects.
Tamper evident: do not use if safety seal is broken or missing
GIL PHARMACEUTICAL CORP.
PONCE, PUERTO RICO 00717-1565
|GILTUSS CHILDRENS COUGH AND CHEST CONGESTION
dextromethorphan hydrobromide, guaifenesin solution
|Labeler - Gil Pharmaceutical Corp (176826592)|
|Dextrum Laboratories Inc.||007392322||manufacture(58552-133)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about dextromethorphan / guaifenesin
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 26 Reviews
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Patient Information
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Capsules and Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Granule Packets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Liquid