Vicks VapoRub by The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 24, 2019.
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) 0.048g in 1g, EUCALYPTUS OIL 0.012g in 1g, MENTHOL 0.026g in 1g
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-544
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
|Camphor 4.8%||Cough suppressant & topical analgesic|
|Eucalyptus oil 1.2%||Cough suppressant|
|Menthol 2.6%||Cough suppressant & topical analgesic|
- on chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to common cold
- on muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
For external use only; avoid contact with eyes.
- by mouth
- with tight bandages
- in nostrils
- on wounds or damaged skin
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
add to hot water or any container where heating water.
May cause splattering and result in burns.
- muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
see important warnings under " When using this product"
- adults and children 2 years and over:
- rub a thick layer on chest & throat or rub on sore aching muscles
- cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- keep clothing loose about throat/chest to help vapors reach the nose/mouth
- repeat up to three times per 24 hours or as directed by doctor
- children under 2 years: do not use
- store at room temperature
cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, special petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil
Made in Mexico by
Procter & Gamble Manufactura, S. de R.L. de C.V.
Dist. by Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati OH 45202.
camphor (synthetic), eucalyptus oil, and menthol ointment
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|