Vicks VapoRub by The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
Medically reviewed on Jan 25, 2017
Dosage form: ointment
Ingredients: CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) 0.048g in 1g, EUCALYPTUS OIL 0.012g in 1g, MENTHOL 0.026g in 1g
Labeler: The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company
NDC Code: 37000-544
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Camphor 4.8%||Cough suppressant & topical analgesic|
|Eucalyptus oil 1.2%||Cough suppressant|
|Menthol 2.6%||Cough suppressant & topical analgesic|
- on chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to common cold
- on muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains
For external use only; avoid contact with eyes.
- by mouth
- with tight bandages
- in nostrils
- on wounds or damaged skin
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema
add to hot water or any container where heating water.
May cause splattering and result in burns.
- muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
see important warnings under " When using this product"
- adults and children 2 years and over:
- rub a thick layer on chest & throat or rub on sore aching muscles
- cover with a warm, dry cloth if desired
- keep clothing loose about throat/chest to help vapors reach the nose/mouth
- repeat up to three times per 24 hours or as directed by doctor
- children under 2 years: do not use
- store at room temperature
cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, special petrolatum, thymol, turpentine oil
Made in Mexico by
Procter & Gamble Manufactura, S. de R.L. de C.V.
Dist. by Procter & Gamble, Cincinnati OH 45202.
camphor (synthetic), eucalyptus oil, and menthol ointment
|Labeler - The Procter & Gamble Manufacturing Company (004238200)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.