Insulin Injection, Protamine Zinc
In some countries, this medicine may only be approved for veterinary use.
ATC (Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification)
CAS registry number (Chemical Abstracts Service)
Insulin with prolonged action
Sterile suspension of insulin modified by the addition of zinc chloride and protamine sulfate
- Insulini zinci protaminati injectio (Latin)
- Insulin-Zink-Protamin-Injektion (German)
- Prép. injectable d'insuline zinc prot. (French)
- Inyectable de insulina cinc protamina (Spanish)
- Insulin, Protamine Zinc (IS)
- PZI (IS)
- PZI insulin (IS)
- Zinc protamin insulin (IS)
- Insulin Zinc Protamine Injection (Aqueous Suspension) (PH: JP XV)
- Insulina protamina zinco sospensione iniettabile (PH: F.U. IX)
- insulini zinci protaminati 40 aut 80 U.I./ml, Iniectabile (PH: Ph. Helv. VI)
- Insulini Zinci Protaminati Injectio (PH: Ph. Int. 2)
- Protamine Zinc Insulin Injection (PH: BP 1980)
- Protamine Zinc Insulin Suspension (PH: USP XXII)
- Humulin N
- Humulin R
- Hypurin Bovine Protamine Zinc
Wockhardt UK, United Kingdom
- Insuvet Protamine Zinc (veterinary use)
Pfizer Animal Health, United Kingdom
- ProZinc (veterinary use)
Boehringer Ingelheim, Switzerland; Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, United Kingdom; Boehrvet BI-Vetmedica, Germany
- SciLin N
|Rec.INN||Recommended International Nonproprietary Name (World Health Organization)|
Further information on drug naming conventions: International Nonproprietary Names.
Important Notice: The Drugs.com international database is in BETA release. This means it is still under development and may contain inaccuracies. It is not intended as a substitute for the expertise and judgement of your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional. It should not be construed to indicate that the use of any medication in any country is safe, appropriate or effective for you. Consult with your healthcare professional before taking any medication.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.