User Reviews for Simethicone

Also known as: Gas-X, Mylicon, Phazyme, Mylanta Gas, Ovol, Gas-X Extra Strength, Bicarsim Forte, Bicarsim, Maalox Anti-Gas, Colic Drops, Phazyme Maximum Strength, Mylanta Gas Maximum Strength, Alka-Seltzer Anti-Gas, Gas Free Extra Strength, Gas Relief Extra Strength, Gas-X Ultra Strength, PediaCare Infants' Gas Relief Drops, Anti-Gas Ultra Strength, Baby Gasz, Gas-X Regular Strength, Major-Con, SimePed, Phazyme-95, Maximum Strength Phazyme 125 Softgels, Colicon, Micon-80, Mylaval, Mytab Gas, Little Tummys, Equalize Gas Relief Drops, Maalox Anti-Gas Extra Strength, Phazyme-125, Flatulex Drops, Phazyme Ultra, Gas Aide, Infantaire Gas Relief, Gerber Gas Relief, Phazyme Ultra Strength, Mi-Acid Gas Relief, Gas-Aid Extra Strength, Genasyme, CVS Gas Relief, Majorcon, Mylanta Gas Minis …show all brand names

Gas
7.3

Functional Gastric Disorder
7.2

1 review 34 medications
Summary of Simethicone reviews 7.4 18 reviews

Reviews for Simethicone

Gassygirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 4, 2019

Ovol (simethicone) for Gas: "I find Ovol Chewables easy to use and fairly fast-acting. But like one of the other reviewers, I find the gummy reside on the roof of my mouth annoying. I don't recall having this experience with the Ovol Chewables I've used in the past, just with the ones I have used in the past few months."

Sophie · Taken for less than 1 month November 3, 2018

Ovol (simethicone) for Gas: "Ovol 35mg Gas relief chewable tablets has two main inconveniences. First he is ineffective/very slow to work, so with one tablet I did not notice any difference and the problem persisted. Even when I took another tablet it was not resolved (and this pattern happens every time), so by the time you take the third, you don’t know if it actually works but super slowly or it does not (compared to other brands that work instantaneously from the first tablet). The second annoying issue is that when you chew the tablet some substance similar to bubble gum sticks on the top of your throat, it is a very uncomfortable residue from the tablet, it does not dissolve completely. So in total, I will not recommend this medication nor purchase it again because of his ineffectiveness and the weird substance that it leaves in the mouth."

JW · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2018

Phazyme (simethicone) for Gas: "this works better for me, the dosage is twice what gasX is."

Brad G · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2018

For Gas: "I had a lot of bloating/belching after dinner tonite. Was uncomfortable, felt nauseous. Searched my medicine cabinet and found an almost expired pack of chewable gas-x tablets. Could literally feel it working to settle down my stomach and had less bloating within minutes. Maybe I just got lucky but this really seemed to do the trick."

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2018

For Gas: "Didn’t work at all for me. I had severe period cramps and gas pains. I took 3 200mg Advil and it stopped the uterus contractions but it didn’t help the gas pain. Took a Phazyme afterwards to help with gas and I’ve never been in so much pain in my life. I was bed-ridden all day. It made me feel constipated."

gassy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 18, 2018

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "I used to experience severe chest pains that would move into my back until and think I was having a heart attack but after I found Gas X, it was like a life saver. The pain was just wind - but man that can hurt."

Jimmy March 7, 2018

Ovol (simethicone) for Gas: "There is no other product that relieves gas like ovol"

Miserablelife October 3, 2017

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "I have many many horrible experience of gas, bloating, headache, vomiting pure life of misery , all this happens if lunch or breakfast is 1/2 hour late, no doctor could relief of my misery. I walk in a pharmacy in pure desperation and took up the first item said gas relieve, took one before I left the pharmacy and in minutes I felt ease ,why didn't I take this before. I'm happy I found it now. I took only my first 2 but will continue to use it."

Bubble Gut · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2017

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "Tired of waking up with gut pain and bloated abdomen. Finally tried Simethicone to see if it would help. Next morning was the first morning in several months that I woke without pain and bloating (NORMAL!!). I wish I would have started using this product months ago!"

Rick W. · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 3, 2017

For Functional Gastric Disorder: "I have had mild IBS for seven-eight months, and sometimes suffer mild to medium lower gut pain, kind of a gas bloating. Someone recommended trying this out. I take a Gas-X extra strength whenever I feel gut pain, and it helps a fair bit."

Frankololo November 8, 2016

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "Didn't really help at all with my gas"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 26, 2016

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "generic brand at walmart much cheaper and more products worked better than name brand gas x"

Gas X works · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2015

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "This is a lifesaver. I don't use it every day and I only take 1 pill. Max is 2. It relieved it rather quickly! Took it before bed, felt better, and was able to sleep after a whole day of gas and bloating. I should have taken this sooner!"

aspiesmom60 · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2013

Mylanta Gas (simethicone) for Gas: "Used it on my son who has excessive gas due to Aspergers syndrome, it will temporarily lessen the discomfort caused by trapped gas/gas buildup but the toots still have to be worked out of him or else the discomfort will soon return."

Maggie's Mom March 5, 2013

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "For many years, I have not been able to eat out and hardly any restaurant. In either 15 minutes or up to a few hours depending on where I ate, I would get extremely nauseous and have a diarrhea attack, this after I got extreme swelling in my stomach and belly. I just discovered by accident that if when I took`Gas-X strips, I either did not get any symptoms or they were mild. I have been able to add a few good restaurants to places I can eat, (when before it was only at home) Eating at most fast food restaurants is still a no-no due to MSG and similars. Taking them 20 min or so before eating produces the best results. My son found similar results for himself."

Mykayla25 · Taken for less than 1 month August 5, 2012

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "Gas-X works great. Had persistent gas pain for over 3 hours, took 2 tablets and within about 3 minutes the pain started to go away. A real life saver."

Anonymous February 19, 2012

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "For years I suffered with horrible gas pains...Someone suggested gas x. Tried it and in seconds the pain was gone. Was like a miracle. Just wish I had known how effective it was long ago. I keep boxes of it in both bathrooms"

Anonymous November 4, 2011

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: "Great medication! Works fast too. I've had no side effects. I use it everyday after meals. I do pass gas after taking this but it relieves gas pain."