User Reviews for Simethicone

Also known as: Gas-X, Mylicon, Gas-X Extra Strength, Maalox Anti-Gas, Phazyme, Bicarsim, Gas Relief Extra Strength, Gas-X Ultra Strength, PediaCare Infants' Gas Relief Drops, Anti-Gas Ultra Strength, Baby Gasz, Gas-X Regular Strength, Bicarsim Forte, Mylanta Gas, SimePed, Phazyme-95, Colic Drops, Colicon, Little Tummys, Equalize Gas Relief Drops, Maalox Anti-Gas Extra Strength, Phazyme-125, Flatulex Drops, Phazyme Maximum Strength, Alka-Seltzer Anti-Gas, Phazyme Ultra, Gas Aide, Gerber Gas Relief Phazyme Ultra Strength Mi-Acid Gas Relief Gas Free Extra Strength Gas-Aid Extra Strength Genasyme CVS Gas Relief Mylanta Gas Minis …show all brand names

Simethicone has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 40 ratings on Drugs.com. 70% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 22% reported a negative experience.

Gas
7.4
Functional Gastric Disorder
7.7
Summary of Simethicone reviews 7.4 40 reviews

Reviews for Simethicone

Anonymous · June 29, 2020

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “I was having terrible terrible stomach pains. Couldn’t fall asleep or get comfortable. Couldn’t even stand up straight. My girlfriend was tired of hearing me moan so she suggested I take a Gas X. After about 3-4 minutes the pain started to break up and my bowels were able to move the gas build up out in the form of a fantastic symphony of flatulence. Absolute bowl ringers for about an hour. Not only was it great relief. It was just a great time. Wonder if you can just take this product for fun? I don’t know. But if you have stomach or gas pains. This is the product.”

gassy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · March 18, 2018

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “I used to experience severe chest pains that would move into my back until and think I was having a heart attack but after I found Gas X, it was like a life saver. The pain was just wind - but man that can hurt.”

Diver · April 29, 2020

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “Just coming off antibiotics for diverticulitus & could not get my gut to settle down. After over a week of severe gas & bloating with no relief in sight the Dr told me to try Gas-x. I took the maximum & for the next 3 hours burped & farted. It was both relieving and intense. I felt like there was a war going on inside of me. Finally things calmed down & I'm greatly relieved.”

Gas X works · Taken for less than 1 month · February 23, 2015

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “This is a lifesaver. I don't use it every day and I only take 1 pill. Max is 2. It relieved it rather quickly! Took it before bed, felt better, and was able to sleep after a whole day of gas and bloating. I should have taken this sooner!”

Maggie's Mom · March 5, 2013

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “For many years, I have not been able to eat out and hardly any restaurant. In either 15 minutes or up to a few hours depending on where I ate, I would get extremely nauseous and have a diarrhea attack, this after I got extreme swelling in my stomach and belly. I just discovered by accident that if when I took`Gas-X strips, I either did not get any symptoms or they were mild. I have been able to add a few good restaurants to places I can eat, (when before it was only at home) Eating at most fast food restaurants is still a no-no due to MSG and similars. Taking them 20 min or so before eating produces the best results. My son found similar results for himself.”

Anonymous · February 19, 2012

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “For years I suffered with horrible gas pains... Someone suggested gas x. Tried it and in seconds the pain was gone. Was like a miracle. Just wish I had known how effective it was long ago. I keep boxes of it in both bathrooms”

Miserablelife · October 3, 2017

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “I have many many horrible experience of gas, bloating, headache, vomiting pure life of misery , all this happens if lunch or breakfast is 1/2 hour late, no doctor could relief of my misery. I walk in a pharmacy in pure desperation and took up the first item said gas relieve, took one before I left the pharmacy and in minutes I felt ease ,why didn't I take this before. I'm happy I found it now. I took only my first 2 but will continue to use it.”

Bubble Gut · Taken for less than 1 month · August 7, 2017

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “Tired of waking up with gut pain and bloated abdomen. Finally tried Simethicone to see if it would help. Next morning was the first morning in several months that I woke without pain and bloating (NORMAL!!). I wish I would have started using this product months ago!”

InsertNameHere · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 30, 2020

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “For the past 4 years, I had what I thought were terrible menstrual cramps, but they were actually gas cramps caused by hormones. I take the softgels the first couple days of my period and it works like a charm. The only issue is that the relief does not last that long.”

Jaguars904 · Taken for less than 1 month · May 12, 2020

Gas-X Extra Strength (simethicone) for Gas: “I was in pain for 4 hours. The pain woke me up out of my sleep. It felt like I was having a heart attack and my stomach was about to blow up all at once. Thank God I found my Gas X Maximum Strength. I took 2 soft gels and waited. I will say within 5 minutes, I felt like I was having a baby again because a big cramp hit me. But then I felt the medicine working. I'm so grateful for this medicine ”

Sophie · Taken for less than 1 month · November 3, 2018

Ovol (simethicone) for Gas: “Ovol 35mg Gas relief chewable tablets has two main inconveniences. First he is ineffective/very slow to work, so with one tablet I did not notice any difference and the problem persisted. Even when I took another tablet it was not resolved (and this pattern happens every time), so by the time you take the third, you don’t know if it actually works but super slowly or it does not (compared to other brands that work instantaneously from the first tablet). The second annoying issue is that when you chew the tablet some substance similar to bubble gum sticks on the top of your throat, it is a very uncomfortable residue from the tablet, it does not dissolve completely. So in total, I will not recommend this medication nor purchase it again because of his ineffectiveness and the weird substance that it leaves in the mouth.”

Gassygirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years · June 4, 2019

Ovol (simethicone) for Gas: “I find Ovol Chewables easy to use and fairly fast-acting. But like one of the other reviewers, I find the gummy reside on the roof of my mouth annoying. I don't recall having this experience with the Ovol Chewables I've used in the past, just with the ones I have used in the past few months.”

Nona · Taken for 10 years or more · August 22, 2021

For Gas: “I had gall bladder removed not long ago. Terrible bloating and gas pains. I buy the cheapest brand of simethicone that I can find and it works wonders! I usually take two and the bloat is gone in several hours. What's funny to me is reading what people have written about farting. Hahaha. How else would a person pass gas! My doctor doesn't recommend 4 pills per day but an occasional 2 will be fine!”

Rick W. · Taken for 1 to 6 months · July 3, 2017

For Functional Gastric Disorder: “I have had mild IBS for seven-eight months, and sometimes suffer mild to medium lower gut pain, kind of a gas bloating. Someone recommended trying this out. I take a Gas-X extra strength whenever I feel gut pain, and it helps a fair bit.”

Gassy Freddie B · Taken for less than 1 month · April 20, 2022

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “I honestly thought I had colon cancer or pancreatic cancer! Went to the M.D. and had an x-ray and it turned out to be trapped gas!! He recommended Gas-X. I took the Ultra Strength gels and now I'm no longer Gassy Freddie Blassie!!”

Caro · Taken for less than 1 month · November 19, 2020

Phazyme Maximum Strength (simethicone) for Functional Gastric Disorder: “I have Crohn's/IBD and often am bloated from gas build up and have gas pain. I started taking phazyme the soft girls maximum strength. Two a day after dinner since the evening is when I feel the most pain. After about five minutes it all came out and I felt relieved. I highly recommend to anyone with crohns.”

Brad G · Taken for less than 1 month · June 30, 2018

For Gas: “I had a lot of bloating/belching after dinner tonite. Was uncomfortable, felt nauseous. Searched my medicine cabinet and found an almost expired pack of chewable gas-x tablets. Could literally feel it working to settle down my stomach and had less bloating within minutes. Maybe I just got lucky but this really seemed to do the trick.”

Sarah · Taken for less than 1 month · June 22, 2018

For Gas: “Didn’t work at all for me. I had severe period cramps and gas pains. I took 3 200mg Advil and it stopped the uterus contractions but it didn’t help the gas pain. Took a Phazyme afterwards to help with gas and I’ve never been in so much pain in my life. I was bed-ridden all day. It made me feel constipated.”

Lab Mom · Taken for 1 to 6 months · February 18, 2022

For Gas: “I deal with severe IBS on an almost daily basis, and most brands of simethicone help a lot when it comes to relieving gas. A word of warning however - be sure to read the inactive ingredients list! Some brands contain sorbital, which can cause painful reactions in many IBS sufferers, including gas! Gas-X uses sorbitol and mannitol in some of its formulations, so choose carefully.”

aspiesmom60 · Taken for less than 1 month · December 31, 2013

Mylanta Gas (simethicone) for Gas: “Used it on my son who has excessive gas due to Aspergers syndrome, it will temporarily lessen the discomfort caused by trapped gas/gas buildup but the toots still have to be worked out of him or else the discomfort will soon return.”

Mommy of 4 · Taken for less than 1 month · June 13, 2022

Ovol (simethicone) for Gas: “I used Ovoal Ultra Strength (180mg tablet) chewables. After chewing, there is residue left that is like chewing gum and sticks to the upper palette. I am not sure if I should swallow it or spit it out. But it does not seem right to swallow that chewing gum substance. I called the pharmacist and they have no idea at all. I called Church and Dwight the company that makes Ovol, and they said it should just turn to powder when we chew it. They are not aware of the pill turning to chewing gum and having a residue paste after. It seems like none of the pharmacists or even or manufacturing pharmaceutical company know about this or have the direct experience. I think this really needs to be sorted out so that we consumers really understand what we should expect.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month · February 9, 2020

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “Did not work and I am now farting a lot, possible more, my wife is extremely angry .”

Anonymous · November 4, 2011

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “Great medication! Works fast too. I've had no side effects. I use it everyday after meals. I do pass gas after taking this but it relieves gas pain.”

Chelle · Taken for less than 1 month · December 14, 2019

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “Had horrible gas pains in my chest, nothing helped except Gas X. Took it and within minutes the pain started to ease. Best gas medicine I know of!”

Mykayla25 · Taken for less than 1 month · August 5, 2012

Gas-X (simethicone) for Gas: “Gas-X works great. Had persistent gas pain for over 3 hours, took 2 tablets and within about 3 minutes the pain started to go away. A real life saver.”