Simethicone Side Effects
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 19, 2022.
For the Consumer
Applies to simethicone: oral capsule liquid filled, oral solution, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable
There have not been any common or important side effects reported with this medicine. However, if you notice any side effects, check with your doctor.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to simethicone: compounding liquid, compounding powder, oral capsule, oral disintegrating strip, oral liquid, oral suspension, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Face edema, hypersensitivity reactions[Ref]
Rare (0.01% to 0.1%): Respiratory difficulty[Ref]
More about simethicone
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (40)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: miscellaneous GI agents
- Drug Information
- Simethicone (Advanced Reading)
- Simethicone Capsules and Tablets
- Simethicone Chewable Tablets
- Simethicone Liquid Drops
Related treatment guides
1. "Product Information. Mylicon (simethicone)." Johnson and Johnson Medical Inc, Arlington, TX.
2. "Product Information. Maalox Anti-Gas Extra Strength (simethicone)." Novartis Consumer Health, Summit, NJ.
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
4. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.