User Reviews for Eylea

Macular Edema

1 review 11 medications
Summary of Eylea reviews 7.1 14 reviews

Reviews for Eylea

"Seven months ago I had a surprise of my life of vision loss in right eye,,,, My family physician with his flashlight indicated Central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO) and arranged that I will be seen by optometrist in 30 minutes Also confirmed CRVO, and after being check with several machines for eyes I was told I need to go to Opthamologist (Surgeon ) 105 miles way by Highway. There I was also confirmed same diagnoses which translates to Central retinal Vein Occlusion I was put on EyeLea (Albifercept) and had six monthly injections with such a very small improvement but it is still an improvement if it is as say 0.1 0R 0.2 % per month I know it is going to be a very long climb up the hill but is better than being totally blind and when one is advanced in years the rebuild is very slow so it is a wait and see for the green light someday Thank you for listening and hope to update again soon"

Old timer Male (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2018

For Macular Degeneration "I was terrified at the prospect of an eye injection. But I found it totally painless Quick. And the only downside was blurred vision for about 20 hours. I got it done in Dublin.M ore people need to write their positive experiences , I see so many awful reviews . I will never fear going for my injections ever again."

Vonnie (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

For Macular Degeneration "I have had wet macular degeneration for 4 years. So far I have had 14 Eylea injections in left eye, spanning once a month for the first year lessening to only one injection in the last year. Injection pain and redness varied a lot, some injections were painful and messy others not so, I put it down to the experience of the injector. All cleared up fine. Afflicted eye on last examination had no active signs of AMD."

Peter Pan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 29, 2018

For Diabetic Macular Edema "Amazing improvement. But booster injections needed periodically."

Typ1Diabetic January 30, 2018

For Macular Edema "My first dose but I do not see any improvement"

Ayda (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2017

For Macular Degeneration "Been on off the drug for 18 months, not on any regimented schedule, but as of now I am able to skip a treatment, the same a year ago. But this time I am taking herbs and a more veggie type diet, which for the past 6 month has equated to no longer have hypertension. 116-126/70 etc verses 142-155/90. (depends on when I am checked). Cutting meat and adding Q-10 and Phytosterol complex, some Fish/ Krill oil and garlic helps a lot. I say helps, the aforementioned items are the variable plus stopped using Generic Areds2 and back to the more expensive Brand name Areds2. I have two insurance polices Tricare always turns down claim due to the word injection triggers the non-Ambulatory (Dr Office walk in, not surgical center)"

Deputy Dog (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 28, 2017

For Macular Degeneration "I am a 69 year old female with extensive family history of vision loss from wet AMD. I was diagnosed with bilateral dry AMD at age 55. In March 2017 I noticed distortion and smudging in the right eye. I immediately sought treatment and was administered Eylea. I have now had 3 monthly injections. The macular edema has subsided and the leakage has stopped. I am now scheduled for injections at 8 week intervals. The injection procedure is painless, however once the numbing medication wears off the discomfort is intense for approx. 6 hours. I manage the pain with ice packs, one hydrocodone tablet and a long nap. I am cautiously optimistic that the Eylea medication will protect me from the same fate of my numerous relatives who were blind."

JJune May 12, 2017

For Macular Degeneration "My original indication of Macular degeneration was distortion of vertical lines . After six injections; these distortions have improved significantly. I am very optimistic this process is working"

Ron Chatfield (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2016

For Diabetic Macular Edema "In a one year period, had 9 injections of Eylea . There is still swelling in my eyes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2016

For Diabetic Macular Edema "Update; after 4 monthly injections of Eylea in my left eye, went for my exam today. DME gone! My doc was amazed and said he was hopeful the Eylea would work, but because my DME was severe, he wasn't sure of the outcome. He says now we just watch the eye and if I need a booster injection down the road we can do that. Starting on my right eye next month. What a great feeling!"

Sandi-san (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

For Macular Degeneration "I am 86 & have Wet Macular Degeneration. I had the 1st injection of eylea into my "good" left eye on Tuesday morning, September 8, 2015. Wednesday night, approximately 36 hours after the 1st injection I had a significant bleed in the injected left eye. I went back to the doctor the next morning who verified the bleed but insisted the eylea did not cause it and that it's lucky I just had the injection. I saw another retina specialist who said that it does happen that people get bleeds after the eylea. When I asked about eylea and infection, he said I'm worried about infection when I already got a bleed. He said I have to way up the risks before further treatment especially because my left eye is the only one with some vision left."

Hanem (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015

For Diabetic Macular Edema "I was receiving Avastin for Diabetic Macular Edema in both eyes, with left eye being the worst of the two. After 4 injections, no improvement, and left eye significantly worse! I was so upset. My doc recommended Eylea to try first in the left eye. It's amazing. Just had second injection today (yeah, they are no picnic, but worth it to see!), and this stuff is awesome. I was reading 3 lines better than with the Avastin! Also, Regeneron has me on a program where I pay only $5 for each injection, so I am mightily happy!"

Sandi-San September 23, 2015

For Macular Degeneration "From my experience Eylea is not as easy to inject as Lucentis, but the results speak for themselves. I was able to go four months without an injection after only two shots of Eylea. It completely dried up both of my eyes. Lucentis never did this for me and I was getting monthly injections for over two years. I have varied side effects from the injection ranging from eye redness to redness, itching, burning, and feeling like something is scratching my eye. Giving the injection slower helped some."

Kaara (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2015

For Diabetic Macular Edema "My husband just completed a 3 year study. He had significant improvement. He was able to read several new lines on the eye chart. Initially when we started we had only hoped to stabilize and prevent further loss of vision. It was a blessing to have so much improvement. The shots do hurt and sometimes cause a very bloodshot eye, better that though than vision loss caused by laser treatment."

fish4fun March 7, 2015

For Macular Degeneration "I have been in clinical trials for 4 years for Eylea and have had no side effects. Eylea has allowed me to return to a quality of life that I had given up with sewing, painting, cooking, driving, reading and other areas pertinent to being able to live independently. Before Eylea, I had even stopped watching television! Now I feel confident again and go out and do things on my own without fear. This has definitely been a positive, life changing experience."

Mogulsmom January 24, 2013