User Reviews for Eylea

Macular Degeneration 5 reviews 4 medications

7.7
Summary of Eylea reviews 9 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Eylea

For Macular Degeneration "I am a 69 year old female with extensive family history of vision loss from wet AMD. I was diagnosed with bilateral dry AMD at age 55. In March 2017 I noticed distortion and smudging in the right eye. I immediately sought treatment and was administered Eylea. I have now had 3 monthly injections. The macular edema has subsided and the leakage has stopped. I am now scheduled for injections at 8 week intervals. The injection procedure is painless, however once the numbing medication wears off the discomfort is intense for approx. 6 hours. I manage the pain with ice packs, one hydrocodone tablet and a long nap. I am cautiously optimistic that the Eylea medication will protect me from the same fate of my numerous relatives who were blind."

JJune May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Macular Degeneration "My original indication of Macular degeneration was distortion of vertical lines . After six injections; these distortions have improved significantly. I am very optimistic this process is working"

Ron Chatfield (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Macular Edema "In a one year period, had 9 injections of Eylea . There is still swelling in my eyes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Macular Edema "Update; after 4 monthly injections of Eylea in my left eye, went for my exam today. DME gone! My doc was amazed and said he was hopeful the Eylea would work, but because my DME was severe, he wasn't sure of the outcome. He says now we just watch the eye and if I need a booster injection down the road we can do that. Starting on my right eye next month. What a great feeling!"

Sandi-san (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Macular Degeneration "I am 86 & have Wet Macular Degeneration. I had the 1st injection of eylea into my "good" left eye on Tuesday morning, September 8, 2015. Wednesday night, approximately 36 hours after the 1st injection I had a significant bleed in the injected left eye. I went back to the doctor the next morning who verified the bleed but insisted the eylea did not cause it and that it's lucky I just had the injection. I saw another retina specialist who said that it does happen that people get bleeds after the eylea. When I asked about eylea and infection, he said I'm worried about infection when I already got a bleed. He said I have to way up the risks before further treatment especially because my left eye is the only one with some vision left."

Hanem (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Macular Edema "I was receiving Avastin for Diabetic Macular Edema in both eyes, with left eye being the worst of the two. After 4 injections, no improvement, and left eye significantly worse! I was so upset. My doc recommended Eylea to try first in the left eye. It's amazing. Just had second injection today (yeah, they are no picnic, but worth it to see!), and this stuff is awesome. I was reading 3 lines better than with the Avastin! Also, Regeneron has me on a program where I pay only $5 for each injection, so I am mightily happy!"

Sandi-San September 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Macular Degeneration "From my experience Eylea is not as easy to inject as Lucentis, but the results speak for themselves. I was able to go four months without an injection after only two shots of Eylea. It completely dried up both of my eyes. Lucentis never did this for me and I was getting monthly injections for over two years. I have varied side effects from the injection ranging from eye redness to redness, itching, burning, and feeling like something is scratching my eye. Giving the injection slower helped some."

Kaara (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 29, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetic Macular Edema "My husband just completed a 3 year study. He had significant improvement. He was able to read several new lines on the eye chart. Initially when we started we had only hoped to stabilize and prevent further loss of vision. It was a blessing to have so much improvement. The shots do hurt and sometimes cause a very bloodshot eye, better that though than vision loss caused by laser treatment."

fish4fun March 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Macular Degeneration "I have been in clinical trials for 4 years for Eylea and have had no side effects. Eylea has allowed me to return to a quality of life that I had given up with sewing, painting, cooking, driving, reading and other areas pertinent to being able to live independently. Before Eylea, I had even stopped watching television! Now I feel confident again and go out and do things on my own without fear. This has definitely been a positive, life changing experience."

Mogulsmom January 24, 2013