User Reviews for Lucentis

6.7

Summary of Lucentis reviews 7.1 10 reviews

Reviews for Lucentis

barb · Taken for less than 1 month March 30, 2018

For Macular Degeneration "I just had my first lucentis injection.I got headaches for seven days. But the price. $5500 for the med, I have a medicare advantage plan, the cost to me for each injection is $444.53, that is just for one eye. I have dry in the other, told that eventually that will turn to wet. I don't know how people can afford this."

Meg66 January 7, 2017

For Macular Edema "7 injections approximately monthly intervals. 8 injection scheduled but not given as edema gone, however, left my eye with dead cone cells. Vision worse than before injections."

Nochemoforme · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 24, 2016

For Macular Degeneration "I was started out on Avastin (chemotherapy agent). Didn't improve my amd - I went to medication #2 Lucentis, injection didn't really hurt-the pain after the shot was bad. Lucentis did not help. Started on Eylea. Another chemotherapy agent. Very painful after the shot. It would last for 48 hours or more. Very bad pain. Eylea did not improve my vision either. With everything combined; the risk of poisoning my eye ball just to reduce water on the retina? I did not want to end up with some form of eye cancer from the poison. I still do not like the idea of that poison in my eye. No wonder the pain was so bad. Now I take 40mg Luetin. Vit A, Vit C & zinc and daily green shakes. NOW my vision is improving with better diet! NO JOKE!"

Paul C. · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 2, 2016

For Macular Degeneration "On Dec. 01, 2014 I awakened with huge blind spots in my left eye. My vision had been 20/25 corrected before the bleed. I got help within 24 hours from my retina doctor. My right eye remains at 20/30 corrected. After the first injection my sight had improved significantly in two weeks. Subsequent injections seem to havet stabilized my sight and improved some more. My retina doctor told me today that answer will have to come from my opthamologist . So I will have him take a look. I am very grateful about my progress. I am 83 years old. That's old. Paul"

Dan Good February 18, 2016

For Macular Edema "After two days my sight was restored. It was terrific except it did not last more than a few weeks. Had the same experience with Eylea."

Paul Moore September 10, 2015

For Macular Edema "i lost a lot of my vision after injection. Blind spots. Didn't work for me."

Kribby June 1, 2015

For Macular Degeneration "I have been receiving lucentis for almost two years, about 18 injections. my eye sight has stabilized and I am able to drive and use my computer, I still see wavy line with just my left eye,( the one receiving injections) but my right eye is dominant and when both are open things look normal. I will continue with the treatment because I do see a lot clearer since I started treatment. I am 77 years young and I don't want to have to slow down my very active life. I think I will always see some wavy lines and a small smoky spot. But you just have to deal with those small problems. good luck to all off you that will develop this eye condition. see your eye doctor as soon as you notice an eye problem."

Anonymous May 10, 2014

For Macular Degeneration "I just had my 5 th injection. I have noticed a improvement in my vision. My doctor is so pleased with results. The expense is really high. I am going to loose my insurance coverage with my husbands insurance. Then my primary insurance will be Medicare. I was told by my doctor I need to have injections for the rest of my life. Really concerned at that time how I will afford it."

BrownDirtCowboy March 17, 2013

For Macular Edema "My doc started me on Lucentis after I had a reaction to Avastin. My condition improved after 8 months. I also began taking an AREDS vitamin formula in the last two months of treatment and increased the amount of green leafy veggies (Chard, Spinach and Kale) in my diet and stopped my daily baby aspirin (some clinical studies indicate may worsen the condition) So I cannot attribute improvement solely to Lucentis. One thing to be very aware of is the cost. The Medicare co-pay per treatment (per eye) is about $500. "

Anonymous July 29, 2011

For Macular Degeneration "I have had three Lucentis treatments at 3 to 4 week intervals and my eyesight has improved significantly. I have a slight discomfort for a couple of days after a treatment. My Doctor is also pleased with my results."