Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 3 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) which include:
scopolamine Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using scopolamine together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking scopolamine. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
Minor Food Interaction
Information for this minor interaction is available on the professional version.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) drug interactions
There are 205 drug interactions with Transderm-Scop (scopolamine)
Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) disease interactions
There are 17 disease interactions with Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) which include:
- autonomic neuropathy
- GI obstruction
- obstructive uropathy
- reactive airway diseases
- myasthenia gravis
- infectious diarrhea
- cardiac disease
- coronary artery disease
- gastric ulcer
- gastroesophageal reflux
- ulcerative colitis
More about Transderm-Scop (scopolamine)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- 88 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: anticholinergic antiemetics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|