Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 3 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) which include:
scopolamine ↔ Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using scopolamine together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking scopolamine. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
scopolamine ↔ food
Minor Food Interaction
Consumer information for this minor interaction is not currently available. Some minor drug interactions may not be clinically relevant in all patients. Minor drug interactions do not usually cause harm or require a change in therapy. However, your healthcare provider can determine if adjustments to your medications are needed.
For clinical details see professional interaction data.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Low plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) drug Interactions
There are 632 drug interactions with Transderm-Scop (scopolamine)
Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) disease Interactions
There are 17 disease interactions with Transderm-Scop (scopolamine) which include:
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Gi Obstruction
- Obstructive Uropathy
- Reactive Airway Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Cardiac Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Gastric Ulcer
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Ulcerative Colitis
More about Transderm-Scop (scopolamine)
- Transderm-Scop Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 78 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: anticholinergic antiemetics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.