Pro-Banthine (propantheline) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Pro-Banthine (propantheline) which include:
propantheline Alcohol (Ethanol)
Moderate Drug Interaction
Ask your doctor before using propantheline together with ethanol. Use alcohol cautiously. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness while you are taking propantheline. You should be warned not to exceed recommended dosages and to avoid activities requiring mental alertness. If your doctor prescribes these medications together, you may need a dose adjustment to safely take this combination. It is important to tell your doctor about all other medications you use, including vitamins and herbs. Do not stop using any medications without first talking to your doctor.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Minor Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
anticholinergics - hypertension
Cardiovascular effects of anticholinergics may exacerbate hypertension. Therapy with anticholinergic agents should be administered cautiously in patients with hypertension.
- "Product Information. Marezine (cyclizine)." Glaxo Wellcome, Research Triangle Park, NC.
- "Product Information. Benadryl (diphenhydramine)." Parke-Davis, Morris Plains, NJ.
- "Product Information. Cogentin (benztropine)." Merck & Co, Inc, West Point, PA.
- "Product Information. Artane (trihexyphenidyl)." Lederle Laboratories, Wayne, NJ.
- Valentin N, Staffeldt H, Kyst A "Effect of i.v. atropine on cardiac rhythm, heart rate, blood pressure and airway secretion during isoflurane anaesthesia." Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 28 (1984): 621-4
- "Product Information. Antivert (meclizine)." Roerig Division, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Atropine Sulfate Injection, USP (atropine)." ESI Lederle Generics, Philadelphia, PA.
Pro-Banthine (propantheline) drug interactions
There are 200 drug interactions with Pro-Banthine (propantheline)
Pro-Banthine (propantheline) disease interactions
There are 10 disease interactions with Pro-Banthine (propantheline) which include:
- autonomic neuropathy
- GI obstruction
- obstructive uropathy
- tardive dyskinesia
- infectious diarrhea
More about Pro-Banthine (propantheline)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|