Emcyt (estramustine) and Alcohol / Food Interactions
There are 2 alcohol/food/lifestyle interactions with Emcyt (estramustine) which include:
estramustine ↔ food
Moderate Food Interaction
Food and milk may decrease the levels of estramustine in your body. It is recommended that estramustine be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after meals. This will make it easier for your body to absorb the medication. Estramustine should not be taken with milk or calcium containing products.
High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility
estramustine - hypertension
The risk of myocardial infarction and strokes, including those associated with estrogen use, may be increased in patients with hypertension. Moreover, estramustine may elevate blood pressure and worsen the hypertension, thus compounding the risk. Therapy with estramustine should be administered cautiously in patients with preexisting hypertension. Patients should be monitored for changes in cardiovascular status, and their antihypertensive regimen adjusted as necessary.
- Crane MG, Harris JJ "Estrogens and hypertension: effect of discontinuing estrogens on blood pressure, exchangeable sodium, and the renin-aldosterone system." Am J Med Sci 276 (1978): 33-55
- Wren BG, Routledge DA "Blood pressure changes: oestrogens in climacteric women." Med J Aust 2 (1981): 528-31
- "Product Information. Emcyt (estramustine)." Pharmacia and Upjohn, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Crane MG, Harris JJ, Winsor W 3d "Hypertension, oral contraceptive agents, and conjugated estrogens." Ann Intern Med 74 (1971): 13-21
- Rosenberg L, Slone D, Shapiro S, Kaufman D, Stolley PD, Miettinen OS "Noncontraceptive estrogens and myocardial infarction in young women." JAMA 244 (1980): 339-42
- Jick H, Dinan B, Rothman KJ "Noncontraceptive estrogens and nonfatal myocardial infarction." JAMA 239 (1978): 1407-8
Emcyt (estramustine) drug Interactions
There are 178 drug interactions with Emcyt (estramustine)
Emcyt (estramustine) disease Interactions
There are 9 disease interactions with Emcyt (estramustine) which include:
- Abnormal Vaginal Bleeding
- Hypercalcemia In Breast Cancer
- Liver Disease
- Fluid Retention
- Glucose Intolerance
- Thyroid Function Tests
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.