Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d):
calcium carbonate food
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
ADJUST DOSING INTERVAL: Administration with food may increase the absorption of calcium. However, foods high in oxalic acid (spinach or rhubarb), or phytic acid (bran and whole grains) may decrease calcium absorption.
MANAGEMENT: Calcium may be administered with food to increase absorption. Consider withholding calcium administration for at least 2 hours before or after consuming foods high in oxalic acid or phytic acid.
- Davies NT "Anti-nutrient factors affecting mineral utilization." Proc Nutr Soc 38 (1979): 121-8
- Agencia Española de Medicamentos y Productos Sanitarios Healthcare "Centro de información online de medicamentos de la AEMPS - CIMA. Available from: URL: https://cima.aemps.es/cima/publico/home.html." ():
- Mangels AR "Bone nutrients for vegetarians." Am J Clin Nutr 100 (2014): epub
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
- Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
- Canadian Pharmacists Association "e-CPS. Available from: URL: http://www.pharmacists.ca/function/Subscriptions/ecps.cfm?link=eCPS_quikLink."
Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d) drug interactions
There are 253 drug interactions with Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d)
Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d) disease interactions
There are 11 disease interactions with Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d) which include:
- cardiovascular adverse effects
- phosphate calcifications
- cardiac contraction/conduction
- renal dysfunction
- electrolyte imbalance
- renal dysfunction
- hepatobiliary dysfunction
More about Calcium 600 D (calcium / vitamin d)
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.