Benadryl allergy sinus headache caplets gelcaps
(in each caplet) Purpose:
Acetaminophen 500 mg Pain reliever
12.5 mg Antihistamine
30 mg Nasal decongestant
- temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever and the common cold:
- runny nose
- minor aches and pains
- nasal congestion
- temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever:
- itching of the nose or throat
- itchy, watery eyes
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Do not use:
- with another product containing any of these active ingredients.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
- heart disease
- thyroid disease
- high blood pressure
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product:
- do not use more than directed
- marked drowsiness may occur
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- new symptoms occur
- pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- redness or swelling is present
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- do not use more than directed (see overdose warning)
- take every 6 hours while symptoms persist
- do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: 2 caplets
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- store at 59° to 77°F in a dry place
Inactive Ingredients: (Caplets): Candelilla wax, corn starch, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, and zinc stearate
(Gelcaps): Colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow no. 10 Al lake, FD&C green no. 3 Al lake, gelatin, hypromellose, polysorbate 80, stearic acid and titanium dioxide.
Questions? call 1-800-524-2624 (Eng-lish/Spanish), weekdays, 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Benadryl Allergy & Sinus Headache is available in boxes of 24 and 48 caplets, and boxes of 24, 48 and 72 gelcaps.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.