Otovel Ear Drops Dosage
Generic name: CIPROFLOXACIN 0.75mg in 0.25mL, FLUOCINOLONE ACETONIDE 0.0625mg in 0.25mL
Dosage form: otic solution
Drug class: Otic steroids with anti-infectives
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 23, 2022.
- OTOVEL is for otic use only. It is not for ophthalmic use, or for injection.
The recommended dosage regimen is as follows:
- Instill the contents of one single-dose vial 0.25 mL into the affected ear canal twice daily (approximately every 12 hours) for 7 days. Use this dosing for patients aged 6 months of age and older.
- Warm the solution by holding the vial in the hand for 1 to 2 minutes. This is to avoid dizziness, which may result from the instillation of a cold solution into the ear canal.
- The patient should lie with the affected ear upward, and then instill the medication.
- Pump the tragus 4 times by pushing inward to facilitate penetration of the medication into the middle ear.
- Maintain this position for 1 minute. Repeat, if necessary, for the opposite ear [see Instructions for Use] .
More about Otovel (ciprofloxacin / fluocinolone otic)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: otic steroids with anti-infectives
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.