Generic name: pitavastatin calcium 1.045mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 28, 2019.
General Dosage and Administration Information
- Take LIVALO orally once daily with or without food at the same time each day.
- Individualize the dose of LIVALO according to patient characteristics, goal of therapy, and response.
- After initiation or upon titration of LIVALO, analyze lipid levels after 4 weeks and adjust the dosage accordingly.
Recommended Dosage for Adults and Pediatric Patients Aged 8 Years and Older
- The recommended starting LIVALO dosage is 2 mg once daily.
- The maximum recommended dosage is LIVALO 4 mg once daily [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Recommended Dosage in Patients with Renal Impairment
- The recommended starting dose for adults with moderate and severe renal impairment (estimated glomerular filtration rate 30 – 59 mL/minute/1.73 m2 and 15 – 29 mL/minute/1.73 m2, respectively) and patients with end-stage renal disease receiving hemodialysis is LIVALO 1 mg once daily.
- The maximum recommended dose for these patients is LIVALO 2 mg once daily [see Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- A recommended dosage for pediatric patients with renal impairment has not been established.
More about Livalo (pitavastatin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 75 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: statins
- FDA Alerts (1)
- FDA Approval History