Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 1, 2022.
Important Dosage and Administration Information
- Take LIVALO orally once daily with or without food at the same time each day.
- For patients that require a high-intensity statin or are unable to achieve their LDL-C goal receiving LIVALO 4 mg daily, prescribe alternative LDL-C-lowering treatment.
- Assess LDL-C when clinically appropriate, as early as 4 weeks after initiating LIVALO, and adjust the dosage if necessary.
Recommended Dosage for Adults and Pediatric Patients Aged 8 Years and Older
- The recommended dosage range of LIVALO is 2 mg to 4 mg daily.
- The maximum recommended dosage is LIVALO 4 mg once daily .
Recommended Dosage in Patients with Renal Impairment
- The recommended starting dosage for patients with moderate and severe renal impairment (estimated glomerular filtration rate 30 – 59 mL/minute/1.73 m2 and 15 – 29 mL/minute/1.73 m2, respectively) and patients with end-stage renal disease receiving hemodialysis is LIVALO 1 mg once daily. The maximum recommended dose for these patients is LIVALO 2 mg once daily [see Use in Specific Populations (8.5)].
- There are no dosage adjustment recommendations for patients with mild renal impairment.
Frequently asked questions
- How is this different from other statins?
- When is the best time of day to take it?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking this?
- What are the side effects of statins?
- Do statins help treat COVID-19?
More about Livalo (pitavastatin)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (88)
- Drug images
- Latest FDA alerts (2)
- Side effects
- Patient tips
- During pregnancy
- Generic availability
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: statins
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.