Generic name: linagliptin 2.5mg, metformin hydrochloride 850mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dosage of JENTADUETO should be individualized on the basis of both effectiveness and tolerability, while not exceeding the maximum recommended dose of 2.5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin hydrochloride twice daily. JENTADUETO should be given twice daily with meals. Dose escalation should be gradual to reduce the gastrointestinal (GI) side effects associated with metformin use. For available dosage forms and strengths [see Dosage Forms and Strengths (3)].
- In patients currently not treated with metformin, initiate treatment with 2.5 mg linagliptin/500 mg metformin hydrochloride twice daily
- In patients already treated with metformin, start with 2.5 mg linagliptin and the current dose of metformin taken at each of the two daily meals (e.g., a patient on metformin 1000 mg twice daily would be started on 2.5 mg linagliptin/1000 mg metformin hydrochloride twice daily with meals).
- Patients already treated with linagliptin and metformin individual components may be switched to JENTADUETO containing the same doses of each component.
No studies have been performed specifically examining the safety and efficacy of JENTADUETO in patients previously treated with other oral antihyperglycemic agents and switched to JENTADUETO. Any change in therapy of type 2 diabetes mellitus should be undertaken with care and appropriate monitoring as changes in glycemic control can occur.
Recommended Dosing in Renal Impairment
Discontinuation for Iodinated Contrast Imaging Procedures
Discontinue JENTADUETO at the time of, or prior to, an iodinated contrast imaging procedure in patients with an eGFR between 30 and 60 mL/min/1.73 m2; in patients with a history of liver disease, alcoholism or heart failure; or in patients who will be administered intra-arterial iodinated contrast. Re-evaluate eGFR 48 hours after the imaging procedure; restart JENTADUETO if renal function is stable [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
More about Jentadueto (linagliptin / metformin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 8 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: antidiabetic combinations
Other brands: Jentadueto XR