Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 30, 2021.
Generic name: SUFENTANIL 30ug
Dosage form: tablet
Important Administration Instructions
DSUVIA is only to be administered by the healthcare provider.
DSUVIA is only to be used in a certified medically supervised healthcare setting, such as hospitals, surgical centers, and emergency departments.
DSUVIA treatment must be discontinued prior to the patient leaving the certified medically supervised setting.
The recommended dosage of DSUVIA is 30 mcg sublingually as needed with a minimum of 1 hour between doses. Do not exceed 12 tablets in 24 hours.
The maximum cumulative daily dose of sufentanil is 360 mcg or 12 tablets (12 tablets x 30 mcg/dose).
Administration of DSUVIA
• Single-use product / Do not reuse.
• Do not use if pouch seal is broken.
• Do not use if the Single-Dose Applicator (SDA) is damaged.
• Wear gloves when administering DSUVIA.
• Instruct the patient to not chew or swallow the tablet.
• Instruct the patient to not eat or drink and minimize talking for 10 minutes after receiving the tablet. If a patient experiences excessive dry mouth, ice chips should be provided prior to administration of DSUVIA.
Frequently asked questions
- What is the Dsuvia REMS program?
- How do you take the Dsuvia (sufentanil) tablet?
- Is Dsuvia (sufentanil) a controlled substance?
More about Dsuvia (sufentanil)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & coupons
- Drug class: narcotic analgesics
- FDA approval history
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.