Colyte with Flavor Packs Dosage
Generic name: POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 240g in 4L, SODIUM CHLORIDE 5.84g in 4L, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 2.98g in 4L, SODIUM BICARBONATE 6.72g in 4L, SODIUM SULFATE 22.72g in 4L
Dosage form: powder, for solution
Drug class: Laxatives
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Apr 24, 2023.
Important Preparation and Administration Instructions
- Colyte® with flavor packs can be administered orally or by nasogastric tube.
- Colyte must be reconstituted with water in the accompanying 4-liter container. Flavor packs are for use only in combination with the contents of the accompanying 4-liter container. Do not reconstitute with other liquids and/or add other ingredients (e.g., flavorings or starch-based thickeners) to the solution in the container.
- Patients should fast at least 3 hours prior to administration.
- A one hour waiting period after the appearance of clear liquid stool should be allowed prior to examination to complete bowel evacuation.
- No foods except clear liquids should be permitted prior to examination after Colyte® with flavor packs administration.
The recommended adult oral dose is 240 mL (8 fl. oz.) every 10 minutes (see PRECAUTIONS, Information for Patients). Lavage is complete when fecal discharge is clear. Lavage is usually complete after the ingestion of 3-4 liters.
Colyte® with flavor packs is administered at a rate of 20-30 mL per minute (1.2-1.8 L/hour).
Preparation of Colyte with flavor packs Solution
This preparation can be used with or without the flavor packs.
- To add flavor, tear open one flavor pack at the indicated marking and pour contents into the bottle BEFORE reconstitution. Discard unused flavor packs.
- SHAKE WELL to incorporate flavoring into powder.
- Add tap water to FILL line. Replace cap tightly and mix or shake well until all ingredients have dissolved. (No other additional ingredients, e.g. flavorings, should be added to the solution.)
Note: If not using flavor packs, omit steps one and two above.
More about Colyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (4)
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: laxatives
- En español
GoLYTELY, Plenvu, GaviLyte-G, NuLYTELY, ... +5 more
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.