Colyte with Flavor Packs Dosage
Generic name: POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 240g in 4L, SODIUM CHLORIDE 5.84g in 4L, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 2.98g in 4L, SODIUM BICARBONATE 6.72g in 4L, SODIUM SULFATE 22.72g in 4L
Dosage form: powder, for solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: Colyte® with flavor packs can be administered orally or by nasogastric tube. Patients should fast at least 3 hours prior to administration. A one hour waiting period after the appearance of clear liquid stool should be allowed prior to examination to complete bowel evacuation. No foods except clear liquids should be permitted prior to examination after Colyte® with flavor packs administration.
Oral: The recommended adult oral dose is 240 mL (8 fl. oz.) every 10 minutes (see PRECAUTIONS, Information for Patients). Lavage is complete when fecal discharge is clear. Lavage is usually complete after the ingestion of 3 - 4 liters.
Nasogastric Tube: Colyte® with flavor packs is administered at a rate of 20 - 30 mL per minute (1.2 - 1.8 L/hour).
Preparation of Colyte® with flavor packs Solution:
This preparation can be used with or without the flavor packs.
- To add flavor, tear open one flavor pack at the indicated marking and pour contents into the bottle BEFORE reconstitution. Discard unused flavor packs.
- SHAKE WELL to incorporate flavoring into the powder.
- Add tap water to FILL line. Replace cap tightly and mix or shake well until all ingredients have dissolved. (No other additional ingredients, e.g. flavorings, should be added to the solution.)
Note: If not using flavor packs, omit steps one and two, above.
More about Colyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: laxatives
- Colyte with Flavor Packs
- Colyte (Advanced Reading)
- Colyte with Flavor Packs (Advanced Reading)