Generic name: POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 3350 227.1g in 3.785L, SODIUM CHLORIDE 5.53g in 3.785L, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE 2.82g in 3.785L, SODIUM BICARBONATE 6.36g in 3.785L, SODIUM SULFATE 21.5g in 3.785L
Dosage form: powder, for solution
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION: Colyte with flavor packs can be administered orally or by nasogastric tube. Patients should fast at least 3 hours prior to administration. A one hour waiting period after the appearance of clear liquid stool should be allowed prior to examination to complete bowel evacuation. No foods except clear liquids should be permitted prior to examination after Colyte with flavor packs administration.
Oral: The recommended adult oral dose is 240 mL (8 fl. oz.) every 10 minutes (see PRECAUTIONS, Information for Patients). Lavage is complete when fecal discharge is clear. Lavage is usually complete after the ingestion of 3-4 liters (3-4 quarts).
Nasogastric Tube: Colyte with flavor packs is administered at a rate of 20-30 mL per minute (1.2-1.8 L/hour).
Preparation of Colyte with flavor packs Solution:
This preparation can be used with or without flavor packs.
- To add flavor, tear open one flavor pack at the indicated marking and pour contents into the bottle BEFORE reconstitution. Discard unused flavor packs.
- SHAKE WELL to incorporate flavoring into powder.
- Add tap water to FILL line. Replace cap tightly and mix or shake well until all ingredients have dissolved. (No other additional ingredients, e.g. flavorings, should be added to the solution.)
Note: If not using flavor packs, omit steps one and two above.
More about Colyte (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes)
- Colyte solution
- Colyte with Flavor Packs solution
- Colyte with Flavor Packs
- Colyte (Advanced Reading)
- Colyte with Flavor Packs (Advanced Reading)