Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 3, 2022.
Applies to the following strengths: 15 mcg/2 mL
Usual Adult Dose for:
Additional dosage information:
Usual Adult Dose for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease - Maintenance
15 mcg inhaled by nebulization twice daily (morning and evening).
Maximum Daily Dose: 30 mcg
- Not for use to treat acute deteriorations of COPD.
Use: Long-term, twice daily (morning and evening) administration in the maintenance treatment of bronchoconstriction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Renal Dose Adjustments
No adjustment recommended.
Liver Dose Adjustments
Caution is recommended when using in patients with liver dysfunction due to increased systemic exposure.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients or to racemic formoterol
- Use of a long-acting beta-2 (LABA) agonist without an inhaled corticosteroid (ICS) in asthma patients; this drug is not indicated for asthma treatment
Safety and efficacy have not been established in patients younger than 18 years.
Data not available
- Refrigerate in protective foil pouch; protect from light and excessive heat.
- After opening foil pouch, return all unopened unit-dose vials to the pouch and place in refrigerator.
- Unopened foil pouches may be stored at room temperature for up to 6 weeks.
- If stored at room temperature, discard unused portion after 6 weeks or the expiration date, whichever is sooner.
- Use opened unit-dose vials immediately
More about arformoterol
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (11)
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: adrenergic bronchodilators
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.