Generic name: Tadalafil 20mg
Dosage form: tablet
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
The recommended dose of ADCIRCA is 40 mg (two 20 mg tablets) taken once daily with or without food. Dividing the dose (40 mg) over the course of the day is not recommended.
Use in Special Populations
- Mild (creatinine clearance 51 to 80 mL/min) or moderate (creatinine clearance 31 to 50 mL/min): Start dosing at 20 mg once daily. Increase to 40 mg once daily based on individual tolerability.
- Severe (creatinine clearance <30 mL/min and on hemodialysis): Avoid use of ADCIRCA because of increased tadalafil exposure (AUC), limited clinical experience, and the lack of ability to influence clearance by dialysis [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3) and Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- Mild or moderate (Child Pugh Class A or B): Because of limited clinical experience in patients with mild to moderate hepatic cirrhosis, consider a starting dose of 20 mg once per day.
- Severe (Child Pugh Class C): Patients with severe hepatic cirrhosis have not been studied. Avoid use of ADCIRCA [see Warnings and Precautions (5.4) and Use in Specific Populations (8.7)].
Use with Ritonavir
Co-administration of ADCIRCA in Patients on Ritonavir
In patients receiving ritonavir for at least one week, start ADCIRCA at 20 mg once daily. Increase to 40 mg once daily based upon individual tolerability [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2), Drug Interactions (7.2) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
Co-administration of Ritonavir in Patients on ADCIRCA
Avoid use of ADCIRCA during the initiation of ritonavir. Stop ADCIRCA at least 24 hours prior to starting ritonavir. After at least one week following the initiation of ritonavir, resume ADCIRCA at 20 mg once daily. Increase to 40 mg once daily based upon individual tolerability [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2), Drug Interactions (7.2) and Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)].
More about Adcirca (tadalafil)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 5 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: agents for pulmonary hypertension
Other brands: Cialis