Magnesium oxide Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with magnesium oxide.
Magnesium salts (applies to magnesium oxide) renal dysfunction
Major Potential Hazard, High plausibility.
Magnesium is eliminated by the kidney. The serum concentration of magnesium is increased in patients with renal impairment. Magnesium toxicity includes CNS depression, muscular paralysis, respiratory depression, hypotension and prolonged cardiac conduction time. Disappearance of the patellar reflex is a useful clinical sign of magnesium intoxication. Therapy with magnesium should be administered cautiously and dosages should be modified in patients with compromised renal function. Clinical monitoring of serum magnesium levels is recommended.
- "Product Information. Mag-Ox 400 (magnesium oxide)." Blaine Company Inc. (2001):
- "Product Information. Uro-Mag (magnesium oxide)." Blaine Company Inc. (2001):
- "Product Information. Slow-Mag (magnesium chloride)." Searle (2001):
- "Product Information. Magonate (magnesium gluconate)." Fleming and Company (2001):
- "Product Information. Losospan (magaldrate)." Whitehall-Robbins (2001):
Magnesium oxide drug interactions
There are 214 drug interactions with magnesium oxide.
More about magnesium oxide
- magnesium oxide consumer information
- Check interactions
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (18)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.