Magnesium oxide Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with magnesium oxide:
Magnesium salts (Includes magnesium oxide) ↔ renal dysfunction
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility. Applies to: Renal Dysfunction
Magnesium is eliminated by the kidney. The serum concentration of magnesium is increased in patients with renal impairment. Magnesium toxicity includes CNS depression, muscular paralysis, respiratory depression, hypotension and prolonged cardiac conduction time. Disappearance of the patellar reflex is a useful clinical sign of magnesium intoxication. Therapy with magnesium should be administered cautiously and dosages should be modified in patients with compromised renal function. Clinical monitoring of serum magnesium levels is recommended.
- "Product Information. Mag-Ox 400 (magnesium oxide)." Blaine, Erlanger, KY.
- "Product Information. Losospan (magaldrate)." Whitehall-Robbins, Madison, NJ.
- "Product Information. Uro-Mag (magnesium oxide)." Blaine, Erlanger, KY.
- "Product Information. Slow-Mag (magnesium chloride)." Searle, Skokie, IL.
- "Product Information. Magonate (magnesium gluconate)." Fleming and Company, Fenton, MO.
Magnesium oxide drug interactions
There are 355 drug interactions with magnesium oxide
More about magnesium oxide
- Magnesium oxide Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 13 Reviews
- Drug class: minerals and electrolytes
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.