User Reviews for Vedolizumab to treat Crohn's Disease

Also known as: Entyvio

Vedolizumab has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 46 ratings for the treatment of Crohn's Disease. 46% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 35% reported a negative effect.

Vedolizumab Rating Summary

5.7/10 average rating

Compare all 110 medications used in the treatment of Crohn's Disease.

Reviews for Vedolizumab

Cozmo629 · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 5, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I've been dealing with Crohn's for 20+ years. Through most I've been on oral meds such as Sulfasalizine, Imuran and Asacol. These meds sort of controlled the symptoms but I still had flare ups. Almost 2 years ago, I moved on to Entyvio. Life has been so much better, as I don't have to plan my day where all the restrooms are along my sales route. My colon actually had beautiful healthy pink tissue during my last colonoscopy. I would recommend Entyvio to anyone with Crohn's to try before Remicade or Humira as Entyvio's side effects are less.”

Matt · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 22, 2020

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “My husband started entyvio a year ago at the recommendation of a new GI doctor. 4 months ago he got Giardia, two weeks ago he got Shegella. He is now in the worst crohns flare of his life. The GI doctor at the local hospital said based on the amount of inflammation this drug has never worked. Don’t try this drug! Doctors are only interested in the amount of kickback they are getting from the drug company.”

JD August 19, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “My Crohn's was diagnosed in 1978. Started Entyvio in June 2019. Have had the 3 loading doses and am now on the 8-week infusion schedule. Although my Crohn's symptoms have abated, I am experiencing unpleasant side effects: constant join pain especially in the neck and shoulders; severe headaches; blurred vision; cuts not healing; hot flashes; chills. Not happy about the side effects but they are better than the severe abdominal pain and diarrhea.”

Jackee · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 21, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Started Entyvio for Crohn's disease (CD)- first drug I had tried. It worked very slowly, but I did experience slight improvement. Made it to my 3rd dose. Within 9 mins of my drip for my 3rd dose my throat closing, face got very hot turned bright red, heart beat went faint and had the sensation of passing out (maybe I did, don’t remember it all). Definitely felt like I was dying. 911 had to be called. 2-3 hrs after the second dose I had the same reaction at home with heavy palpitations, but it would come and go. First dose I had a really weird sore throat.”

Mgconcierge · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 19, 2020

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I started Entyvio about 8 weeks ago for fairly severe Crohn's Disease. I have to say I have felt significantly better than I have in years and each week has yielded better symptom relief. Significantly less urgency and trips to the bathroom overall. I don't love the IV infusion route but the results have been worth it to me. I am hoping the at home self administered injections gets released later this year to eliminate the infusion inconveniences. Far better than Humira or Stelara worked for me and with less side effects.”

JMN · Taken for less than 1 month October 5, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Never again..severe allergic reaction to 2nd Entyvio iv. I've had Crohn's for 30 years and taken many different meds. I was recently diagnosed with liver cirrhosis F4 and had to stop methotrexate. I also take Apriso. My GI dr said I should start Entyvio. First infusion went fine. 2 weeks later I had my 2nd infusion. Within 2-3 minutes my chest tightened, throat started closing up, my face got extremely hot and throbbing and was swelling quickly. The whites of my eyes turned completely blood red. The IV was immediately stopped and flushed with saline. Tried again with med going in slower. Immediately I started having the same symptoms. 3 weeks later I was given my first iv infusion of Stelara. Within 1 minute of the IV being started I had the same reactions but worse. I thought I was going to die. I refuse to take any more iv's.”

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2021

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I was hesitant to try this drug because of the reviews on this site. I'm not sure why I put more more faith into the reviews here than my Doctor's and son's advice. I finally tried the drug and it saved my life.”

LolaT · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I have had IBD (Crohn's) for 15 years. Flares only controlled by prednisone. Failed Imuran and 6mp with pancreatitis. Had limited success with Uceris but no great inflammation control. Melsalamine never helped much. Got a new G.I. and he suggested Entyvio after a colonoscopy showed inflammation. Former G.I. was hesitant to use biologics but I really was ready to try something new. I have had three induction I.V.s. The I.V. is very easy. I live close to the doctor's office and I am in and out less than 35 minutes. The only possible side effects are a scratchy throat and some mild itchy skin. Both of these things could be unrelated. The nurse warned my Entyvio is slow to take effect but I *believe* it is working for me. My inflammation is greatly decreased and my guts have healed. So...if you are struggling with IBD and the doctor suggests this drug I would recommend trying it.”

Carla · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 17, 2018

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I had first dose of Entyvio 2/19/18. I've had 3 doses so far. I will not be having any more. I felt better before I started Entyvio. I have gained roughly 15 pounds (do not need the extra weight). Terrible body aches, especially lower back, little pimple like growths over my body, tired all the time. Nope...this is not for me.”

TJ July 27, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Started entyvio because Dr said Humira wasn’t controlling my disease based on my last colonoscopy, even though I felt great! A month later I had a flare and was in the hospital. 5 months after the first infusion my hair started to fall out as if I was receiving chemo! Then I put on 20 pounds and can’t lose it to save my life. Now I’m constipated all the time. And as if this wasn’t enough, the insistent itching began along with the coughing and sneezing. Dr got tired of hearing me complain and did another scope and my intestines are worse than they were before! Going to try Stelara next. Unfortunately, entyvio stays in the system for ages.”

H March 13, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Entyvio caused a lot of pain to my body. My joints started popping out of place. Started with my toes popping out of socket, I would have to pop them back in a couple times a day for over a month. My hip dislocated, shoulder, fingers, and jaw pop out of socket. I had hundreds of knots form in my back. I ended up being hospitalized for several days due to a partial bowel blockage, this was several months after starting Entyvio so it should've been fully built up in my system. Entyvio was absolutely terrible in all aspects for me and I would never recommend it for anyone. Don't waste your time, money, and health it.”

AK · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I have struggled with Crohn's disease for many years. I have been able to lead a normal life with Remicade IV every 8 weeks was the best med. for me until now. Unfortunately, it stopped working. My GI doctor put me on Entyvio. I'm on my second dose and not happy. I'm very concerned. I'm having symptoms that set me back 15 years. I have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, joint pain, skin lesions, headaches, blurred vision, and fatigue. Had to take off several weeks of work also. I would not recommend this medication. I'm working with my doctor now for a new plan.”

Serena · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 28, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “The positives: my bowel movements have slowed down considerably. I have not lost weight. Less gut pain and urgency to use toilet. The negatives: I feel uncomfortably hot sometimes, fatigue (although I have to say I am getting iron infusions because I’m anemic) gas can be bad( take protonix, gasx and Xantac.) Was on prednisone when I started Entyvio. Prednisone is heaven to me, but it is difficult coming down. I am afraid of this very strong drug, but I developed anti-bodies to Humira. Skipped any treatment for weeks, and went into Crohns Hell. (I wanted to stop eating.) No problems during and after injections Did get a mother of a sinus infection when I got last Entyvio injection early. 6 instead of eight weeks. I am having my eight week injection soon. We’ll see. If this one doesn’t agree with me, that will be it. But, I have to eat at least and not lose weight fast. I can drop 10 lbs just like that when my Crohns is active!”

Fimk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2021

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I am 67, male, 40 plus years of Crohn's Disease (CD). Several surgeries with only 5 feet of intestines remaining. I have been taking Entyvio for about a year now. It has worked to greatly slow the frequency and urgency of my diarrhea. However the joint pain it caused in me has me debating whether it is worth it. I have never had joint pain before and now I have trouble turning a door knob!”

Bp8946 August 26, 2018

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Have been on entyvio for over a year, without question it has saved my life. I struggled on and off for 30 years my last flare up was the worst, unable to work or function outside the house for 3 years. After a year I am 100 % able to work and enjoy a normal life.”

Fryertuck September 4, 2016

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I have been on Entyvio for 13 months. It doesn't seem to be helping the diarrhea or urgency. I am fatigued, all the time. I am having LOTS of joint pain and weakness (fingers, wrists, toes, ankles, knees.) I trip/fall because my ankles roll, I drop things because my fingers won't keep a grasp. I have been tested for RA - negative. I don't think it is working, but my GI wants to try infusing every 4 weeks instead of every 8 weeks. To me Entyvio is not worth the side effects.”

Billy Mac · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2018

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Have been on entyvio for well over 2 years. Crohns is under control with last colonoscopy showing significant improvement in large intestine. Have some pain now and then but nothing to stop me getting on with life. Only side effect I've experienced is being a little tired in evening after infusion. Fortunately for me I live in the UK and my treatment is covered by NHS.”

Tortoise Tom · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2016

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I have been on it for a little over 1 year.My crohns is better but I now have Severe Liver disease.I had a ct scan 10 months ago with mild fatty liver.A recent ct scan revealed Severe Liver disease.I am so annoyed! Be sure to ask questions and do your research.I would have rather lived with crohns than with a ruined liver!”

Miss B March 26, 2021

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Extreme fatigue, pain in arms and legs, headaches, constipation. Full time job trying to manage these symptoms, getting worse after 3 years of Entivyo. Crohns is under control, but no energy to live life. Doctor says this is the best choice I have. I’m alive, but not living. I may stop Entivyo and take my chances. Tried supplements, no help.”

jbri · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 15, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I've been on Entyvio for aggressive Crohn's for 3.5 years and it has been great. It has erased my Crohn's symptoms completely. However, I want to switch to something that doesn't interfere with the immune systems as I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 4.5 years and can't exercise without getting sick for days. I think that there is a connection to biologics and CFS, which is my cause appears to be caused by the Epstein-barr virus. Lowered immune system, latent virus becomes activated etc.”

Sam · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 26, 2020

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “Entyvio never worked for me . I never had any joint pain so that was good but I had 7-8 doses until I changed to Xeljanz. Entyvio gave me SEVERE fatigue and not so much on Xeljanz... also seeing improvement now.”

SZ0PF1 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 16, 2018

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I've been on Entyvio now for nine months. Since I've been on the medicine I only experience Crohn's systems about once every week and a half in the evening around bed time. At that time I have diarrhea but after emptying, I feel fine. I no longer am concerned about going out and eating or leaving the house and having an emergency with diarrhea; however, for the last two weeks plus, I've been fighting cold symptoms and although I maybe a little better, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get over the cold. After reading the experiences of others, I am wondering if the Entyvio is complicating my recovery.”

Acrexp · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 9, 2019

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I was put on ENTYVIO after my colon was removed and J pouch surgery and still had symptoms involving the pouch and area just above the pouch. I have been on ENTYVIO for 6 years. I started at 8 week intervals but over the last 2 years have had to go from 8 weeks to 6 weeks now at 4 weeks do to symptoms returning before next dose. Testing showed that at 4 weeks the level of ENTYVIO in my system was far below the recommended level. I hope that it continues to work for me. I started on Remicade in 2005 when I was diagnosed with U. C. I was on it a few years but ended up failing completely to help symptoms. I was then put on Cimzia which I did not respond to at all. I then was put on Humira. I was on it till 2010 when thyroid cancer was found. After thyroid was removed I was put on ENTYVIO. Due to the cancer I can't have imuno modifier medications. From Oct 2010 till early March 2013 I was on oral medication. Azacol I think it was or I was on that prior to the colon surgery.”

langewj · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 30, 2016

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I was on Remicade for several years. I recently switched over to Entyvio. It seemed to be helping, but the benefits only lasted about 6 weeks. My Dr just added Methotrexate to help boost the effectiveness. So far seems to be working better than Remicade. That said, everyone and every case is different. It comes down to you working with your doctor(s) to find the best plan for you. Don't give up, keep trying.”

Private · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 13, 2018

Entyvio (vedolizumab): “I have been on Entyvio for about a year and have had good results, although I did not see any reduction in pain until after the 4th infusion. I was on Humria for 8 years before it stopped working at that point I stopped taking medications for 3 months - that was a mistake. Was in pain all the time. I do have some minor joint pain, but that could be just me aging. I also have a lot of mucus in throat, but that may only be my lifelong struggle with bad allergies. Everyone's body metabolites and reacts differently. Some of reactions that people are having are listed as side effects and to contact dr immediately. Overall I believe this drug is working for me, although I don't like putting it in my body and would like to try something more natural but I am afraid the pain will return.”

Learn more about Crohn's Disease