User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation
8.8

Summary of Champix reviews 8.8 220 reviews

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 2 1/2 - 3 pack a day smoker (canadian 25 in a pack). I tried Champix at a time in my life when I had no problems or anything upsetting in my life as my Dr. recommended. Well I found it to be a miracle for me. I did go past the "Stop date", but didn't let it bother me that I passed my goal. I was down to smoking 1/2 a cig, until one day I smoked a whole one well wow was I sick after that and never smoked again, that was over 7 years ago. I didn't have any side effects (mind you, I didn't read them as sometimes if you know you get them all, lol) and if I did feel strange, I would have contacted my Dr. Stopping smoking using Champix was one of the easiest things I have ever done and I was hooked bad, wish they had a weight-lose tablet that would stop me from eating!."

Mitchie5 January 17, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've been on Champix since 6 November 2016 and not had a cigarette since beginning of December not a full one either as had to put it out halfway due to awful taste and felt sick. Yes, they are fantastic at stopping you smoking, which I did for 37 years on and off as nothing worked as well as these do, but the sickness, headaches, itchy eyes and skin and sleepless nights are really a big problem for me and have been since Day 1. I have asked my nurse, if I can reduce my dose from 1mg twice daily to 0.5 mg twice daily due to the side effects, but she wants me to persevere a few weeks longer, I also have raised blood sugars, being diabetic and although struggling with the Champix severely, I have cut down to 1mg once daily and it s worked."

jsj51 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Champix made me suicidal - even after nearly 3 months of not taking it - I still fight negative thoughts of self harm and suicide. Has anyone else found champix had this effect on them? It was given to me with no health check and within days of taking it I found myself really low (I stopped immediately) but still I have not returned to my happy self. I visited the same health care worker who wanted to give me more drugs to effect my mind, she claimed she had never come across such a violent effect. But I have two friends who have taken it and they both said it was dangerous and messed with their mental health. Can anyone help me regain my mental health without drugs - which were the obviously problem."

r46 December 20, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Completely lost my brain, psychotic episodes, had to spend a week sedated on suicide watch"

Zany n (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is second time I've used champix, The first time was a few years ago, I went on the 12 wk champix course and I stopped for 4 years. I had tried absolutely everything that was available from patches to chewing gum & nothing worked, I had given up. I tried champix & it was like a miracle. But Stupidly I started smoking again so I am using champix again as I have faith that this will help me quit. I am on my 6th week & have stopped smoking but the urges are still strong, however my doctor has said that you only get a 6 wk course of champix now & you must use your will power? I think the 12 wk is just right as it helps with the cravings after you put the cigarettes down."

Whispz (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Champix works. Smoked for 25 years and up to 1.5 to 2 packs a day for the last few years. By day 3 my smoking began dropping considerably without even trying. By day 7 I was down to a half pack 7 - 10 cigarettes per day. I quit on day 8 and haven't had any real problem since. Started 28 days ago. Nic fits are very short and forgettable. You can feel a little weird at the start and experience a kind of tinny taste sometimes but that goes away. I took one pill in the morning and one at mid-afternoon to avoid any sleep / dream issues. Very impressed. Has made quitting really easy for me so far. With Champix I think the only way to fail is if you make yourself fail."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "NEVER thought I could quit. I felt desperate. I took only one pill a day because night pill gave me heart palpitations. I set my quit date as day 11 and now I'm 1 month & 18 days smoke free! The pill takes away the "I NEED A CIG RIGHT NOW" feeling. Completely worth it. I will recommend anyone to talk to their doctor about it. CRAZY dreams, deal with it ride it out. If you quit smoking cold turkey things are going to be tough your going to feel different, if you take champix things are still going to be tough and you might feel different. Just stay strong set yourself up for success I did (i know it sounds ridiculous) inspirational phone background because likely you look at it a hundred times a day, quit smoking app and champ!good luck get the monkey off your back!"

Brittk123 November 10, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "on day 6. So far so good, the only side affect that I seem to be having is disturbed sleep. This is relative to other factors as I've had a few ridiculously early starts for work. My weekly average is about 10% less sleep than normal (fitbit). My dreams are slightly more vivid but not nightmarish. Grumpiness seems to be underlying most days, but I work with the general public that could just be normal and I'm suddenly more aware of it due to keeping an eye on my mood because of the tablets. I cut down from 20 a day to 10 after 3 days. Yesterday 7 smoked. Today the smell of cigarettes and smoke is noxious. I'm at the point of washing everything I own just to get rid of the smell, luckily I never smoked inside my home."

Cakey November 9, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 37 years. Started champix, had the nausea like everyone else but if you eat a meal then take the pill with lots of water it will really help. Took the medication for about 6 weeks before I quit. I didn’t really want them but I can attest that it is more habit than addiction. Took the meds for about 5 weeks after that then quit taking them. I had no withdrawals but did start to have minor cravings to smoke again. Just drank some water and they went away. It’s been 4 weeks now off the meds and it’s all good. Thanks champix!!"

Barry1965 November 2, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "currently on my second attempt of champix. And having a totally different experience. First time was about six years ago...possibly more! First time nausea was brutal but I persisted to the book. Day 9 I started to smoke a cig and I was nearly sick it was so vile. I took the tablets for another five days and stopped. I didn't smoke for two years. Then I started night duty and my co worker smoked about 40 in a shift and thats were is all went wrong again. Second time on tablets its day 13 and I have reduced but can't seem to kick it totally, stomach is grand. Missed a few doses unfortunately as I'm on nights. Disappointed and can't understand how its not the same as first. Probably cause my sleep/wake hours are a mess. But hopefully I get there."

Me53..... October 5, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I'm on week two and find myself still smoking. I don't feel like I "dying for a cigarette" but I haven't put them down yet either. I'm hoping this is habit vs addiction. Tomorrow is the day I'm going to try and out them down for good."

Rawson (taken for less than 1 month) September 23, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Good a few mood swings and weird dreams I hate the smell of cigarettes I am on week three so good so far"

Dan123r September 21, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I felt great on the tablets - alert, motivated, calm and centred from day 1. On day 4 when I went up to the double dose (2 tablets per day) I did experience quite bad nausea and tummy ache initially after taking a tablet but found I could get the same effect from taking just one tablet a day and making sure I had eaten first to stop the nausea. By day 8 I couldn't really be bothered to smoke any more and had given up completely by day 11. That was 5 months ago and I haven't touched a ciggie since. I did the 3 months on champix and miss how good they made me feel but have to say while I still miss smoking and enjoy the smell of other's cigarettes. I have no desire to smoke. I will say though that I occasionally vape. I smoked for 30 yrs."

Shellpea September 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Well , how do I start ? Ive been taking champix now for nearly 8 weeks , up until now I've felt great! Stopped smoking , a lot more energy etc until recently I keep having weird thoughts re evaluating my life , feeling paranoid , feeling depressed, crying for no reason , can't stop thinking , can't switch my brain off from thinking to even watch TV. I actually feel so low. I have never felt like this in my life and speaking to a family member its the champix! I've stopped taking them I've got a doctors appointment on Monday I actually feel like I need to be sectioned seriously guys think twice before taking these yes they stop you from smoking, but wow the side effects are dangerous!!"

Staceyb123 September 16, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I'm now on week 7 of my champix I've stopped for over 5 weeks now I've felt good up until this week where I have been agitated nausea and headaches. I'm going to cut down to one tablet a day as its after I take my night tablet I get these symptoms. I'm thrilled I'm now a non smoker and the champix has definitely helped but I think a lot is down to cutting out habits changing your daily routine which I have done. Good luck to everyone if I can do it anyone can."

Jeant (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for about 35 years so when I say if I can do it anyone can quit.I never did drugs and I don't drink but smoking was my drug, I was addicted plain and simple when you get to the point that you don't enjoy it but your addicted then I think your ready to quit. I tried everything I did try Champix about 6 years ago it didn't work weird dreams etc. I tried the patch I tried cold turkey (Yea right) I tried lazer therapy (sucked) I knew I had to quit I had 2 heart attacks by the age of 50 and I'm a diabetic which I found out when I had my first heart.I finally did Champix again but I took first in morning and again at noon so it wore off by bedtime I picked my quitdate very important and I took it one day at a time and worked."

D A MOMBO August 29, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "So I thought it be a good idea to try and quit again FOREVER this time I said.. how hopeless I felt at it.. I injured my ribs just jumping on a trampoline but it felt and I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to the ER . This was such a scare for me to smarten up. Since u have a young daughter that needs me To be HEALTHY. I've been on the 1mg dose of Champix for a week now and it's been a breeze more than not. Except TODAY. But I didn't even touch a cigarette. Only thing is I took one dose right before bedtime one day and boy oh boy did I ever have an sleepwalking episode chasing a deer around my room ,and my cat bit me. Didn't happen again when I took second dose at 4pm! take with a meal and full glass of H20 avoid nausea"

Louleeloulee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Champix worked like a damn!! I was three packs a day. Moderate COPD! Tried many many times to quit; tried gum - made me sick; tried patches - kept me awake and made me nauseous. It took three pkgs but Champix finally worked!! (spelled champTix in US) BUT; and I'm telling everybody this; the worst side effect is nausea and it was fairly bad. SOLUTION; buy a packet of gravol (or its generic copy) and take the champix tab WITH a gravol. It ended my nausea and I had no other side effects. My biggest thanks to all those fine folks who developed this drug. It worked really really well for me. Good luck, Jack in Vancouver."

Jax. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I was a heavy smoker for over 30 years, my partner and I used Champix and have not had a smoke for over 5 months. To be honest.... champix made it easy. Sure we still have the odd craving, but champix made it possible to get this far."

Jay1111 August 13, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I would not recommend this drug,I am on day10 and have been up all night with chronic indigestion,I also have a blustery itchy rash on various parts of my body.The tablets are going in the bin !!!!"

Smiffy7666 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Have smoked for nearly fifty years!!! Stopped a year ago and used nicotine replacement gum. Only smoked 20 cigs over a weekend. Who do think I was kidding?!!! Now on Champix only and no problems. (Nightmares are so interesting). Read a book where they said "one smokes, not really for pleasure, but to stop the craving" That is so true that it made me realize that it was not the smoking that is the problem with me, but the craving. So am so happy to have found Champix to take away the craving and "Hey Presto" problem solved. Thanks Champix"

Nauseo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Firstly, a solemn thank you to all the gorgeous & truthful people that have been baring the soulful experiences on this site. I have read so much rubbish written by non or part time smokers about this product after pinging "champix" on google. It actua─║ly made me cranky enough to write this post. Many of you would have had the same experience in the past when researching the token words on google I am sure! Secondly, I am just about to start the road to non-smoking journey.......again. I fèel now is the time. Just like all other attempts I have made over the course of my life, I am bloody nervous to give up on "my old mate" who has stuck by me though a miriad of lifes trails and tribulations of 27 years with a pack in my pocket. Cheers guys"

Jimmyjobdone (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This medication works but not for everyone. I took this medication and had been smoke free for 9 weeks. I stopped taking it because I was no longer myself. I had terrible nightmares and my mental state was altered and still is 4 years after stopping the medication. I do not recommend this medication if you have any mental health issues, depression, anxiety...etc."

Joel3low July 25, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I read the reviews on Champix and thought maybe my experience maybe helpful to someone. I stopped smoking for 2 months cold turkey and experienced nearly every side effect listed by people as being caused by Champix. Could these be possibly caused by nicotine withdrawal ?? And not the drug?? Cold turkey, l suffered anxiety, low mood, felt like time was standing still, difficulty concentrating, headaches, irritability, insomnia, vivid dreams that actually seemed real, restless legs, gastric disturbances and tingling of my hands and feet and cravings. I found lots of water and making myself exercise helped. Starting Champix today and nicotine patches as recommended by my Dr."

Donsi July 20, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I marked down 2 weeks to quit day on my calendar and then smoked as usual. I decided that when I smoked, I would not talk on the phone, read, drink coffee, etc. JUST SMOKE! After 1 week the drugs kicked in and I began smoking less and less. Went from 20/day to 3/day by the end of week 2. Once I Quit, there would be no association thus making the transition to non smoker much easier. Hope this idea helps others. Good Luck everyone!! UPDATE: Day 9 smoke free. It's been a bit too easy. I keep thinking that I should want a smoke but I really don't. Impressive!"

Stogy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017