User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation
8.7

Summary of Champix reviews 8.8 248 reviews

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "It was good to read all the comments. I have been a smoker for over 35 years and I started to feel wheezy etc. I have tried so many times to quit but never been successful. I started taking Champix 11 days ago and stopped smoking on day 6. I cannot believe that I have not smoked a cigarette for a whole 5 days. It is Mad! I do feel sick after the first tablet but just eat and its not so bad, The dreams are crazy but I can live with them if it means I won't smoke. I feel a little low but I control it as I know its the tablets. I'm just really happy at the moment with Champix and feel really positive about a non smoking future"

TJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I'm on my 2nd round of Champix. Going from 1 pack a day, smoking for about 20 years. I had successfully quit twice for 2 years and restarted again. I don't drink. During the first round I realised I had to take it on a full stomach, otherwise I felt very nauseous. But, it cut me down to about 5 cigarettes a day. No cravings, just forgot about it. Felt great. Then I finished the pills and still smoked about 6-8 per day. Now I'm on round 2 at 1mg. Got me down to only 3 cigarettes per day and it's only day 1. Looking forward to my first day without a cigarette at all. Staying positive it can successfully wean me off cigarettes for good. It's been the most effective option for me so far in smoking cessation."

Bamboo (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I used Champix Dec 2011. Since then I don’t smoke and have no any desire even if you blow cigarette smoke in my face. I had taken the pills for about 2-4 weeks. After the first week I increased to two pills as per the dosage but start getting horrible nightmares. I had nightmares about saving my dogs every night. It was scary - never had experienced anything like that. So I decrease back to one pill. After 2 weeks when I was slowly smoking less and less I stopped smoking cigarets all together. Until today still not smoking cigarettes and have 0 desire to start."

Dani (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 6, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I’m on day 11, so far no changes, I still smoke, maybe there is some changes, like I smoke but not want to.... anyway I’m afraid if I stop the craving will be so strong, I must quit in the next 2 days, finger crossed "

Danae (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 16 years, pack a day. Now 2 years smoke free and no cravings. People who complain about it not working or giving many side effects you have to give it time. You take it over the course of many weeks. Start with half a tiny pill a day, then 1 full a day, then you actually quit smoking and go on 1 pill in the morning and one in the evening. Works wonders for me!! I have no cravings or desire to smoke, even when around people actively smoking. Mind you, this isn't a miracle drug. You have to actively want to quit."

Frey (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I would like to share my experience of champix. I am a now mental health nurse who has smoked since I was 13. I want to strongly advise extreme caution against taking this medication. I had a constant taste of pennys in my mouth, I was tired all day and wide awake at night. I felt sick all the time, my vision was blurred, I felt moderate to severely depressed, having strange thoughts, significantly agitated and hit a real low spot My stomach was awful I couldn't stop eating (I put on 2 stone in 3 months) and after 2 attempts on this drug I didn't stop smoking. I stupidly didn't tell my GP so carried on, until one day I snapped and my mum took me to the walk-in clinic who told me it was this drug. It took around 3 months to feel myself again and even though am still smoking I wouldn't try this again"

Madjack (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I just wanted to share my experience with champix... I was reluctant at first to try this as I suffer with bipolar with long depressive episodes and had read some awful stories. I had to really persuade my GP to let me try champix after failing at every other way to give up smoking. When I started champix I was smoking 40 cigarettes a day. I have now not smoked for 4 months. With very little cravings! When I first started it, it did make me feel a bit nauseous however that passed after a few weeks. I made sure I took the evening dose early due to strange dreams. So I would take at about 5pm which helped a lot. It feels strange when you first start it and it makes smoking taste awful but it really does work. I also read the Alan Carr stop smoking book along with this medication, this combination has worked for me and I really hope I continue to not smoke as I feel so much healthier and happier :)"

Katie_pod (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I started champix in the middle of May. By the 10th day, I quit smoking. I continued to take them for about a week and a half after quitting... I haven't had a single pill in about 5 days now and I'm suffering so bad! I got to the point last night that I thought I was having a stroke. I was 100% sure I was gonna die. I have no focus. No drive. I can't sleep for more than 2-3 hours a night... I get chest flutters frequently. I am often disoriented. Hot cold hot cold hot cold at night. I have had to take an adavan (ativan) every night for the past 3 nights now. I'm honestly afraid to try to go to bed now."

AdavanNightly (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Exceptionally effective against nicotine craving however it comes with severe side effects - being only 56kg I should not have been advised to take the full dosage. Headaches are severe, nausea also unless you drink milk and eat before taking, I also had severe sleep paralysis (never had this before) and there is a withdrawal period during which I was constantly hungry and feeling mellow. It's fantastic by way of quitting - I went from 80 cigarettes a day equivalent in vaping to nothing with ease, but at a cost. I would definitely take it again though"

Ladyppp (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Yes Champpix is a fantastic pill to stop you from smoking. I smoked since I was 11years old and I'm now 47. I haven't had a cig nor do I want one since the 12th May 2018. But the tablets are making me so so sick, I even got anti sickness tablets off doc which worked for a day or 2 but I'm thinking about stopping them all as its not nice to be sick so much. Anyone else been so ill?"

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I started on champix and now on day 11. I stopped smoking. It’s great in someways as I don’t want crave or need one. However I have a history of mental health problems and I am 99.9% sure the tablets have had a dramatic and dangerous impact. I have had waves of feeling mentally ill and I feel I have fallen into a really dark place. I kept taking the tablets till I was admitted to hospital by week 5 of the tablets. Yes I was a non smoker but I was nearly a dead non smoker. It’s not worth it please don’t take the tablets if you have a mental health history or start to drop in mood. I believe champix is dangerous and this side effect isn’t well highlighted and people desperate to quit are being put at risk."

Ocean (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "First I would like to say thank you to every one who posted here to talk about their experience. I am attempting CHAMPIX now for my second time. I have figured out how to prevent the sick feeling. I eat a little and then take the pill and eat more. Kind of like I am burying the pill in my food. LOL. I have had some crazy dreams, something that actually isn't so bad. They are just of people that have passed away and are visiting me. I do noticed if I am starting to get grumpy and take a deep breath. I have great control of that. So I am on date 7 and found my self here. I read the comments about peoples journeys and find it has helped for reassurance. That yes it's not easy but, it can be done. So again high five to a healthy life and I can't wait to stop taking these pills."

RettaB (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have started champix for the second time. I am not a long term smoker per say I started 8 months ago because I fancied a girl who was a heavy smoker - it didn't work I never dated her. I am 32 years old and have learning difficulties and mental health problems. I successfully quit smoking after trying champix before getting hooked again 4 years ago. The lesson was not fully learnt I am hooked again. I tried a vape and failed, patches failed I kept on smoking both. I am now on champix day 3 I still smoke cos of the mental addiction, no cravings or no big ones anyway. I just can't seem to get over the mental addiction even after being sick. Tomorrow I start two tablets. "

Dane May 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoking for 24 years. Had about 20 cigarettes a day. One of my friends recommended champix as he took it and stopped smoking after day 14. I got the starter pack and after the first pill I took and smoked a cigarette it tasted like leaves/wood and smelled worse than before, but I kept on smoking. Had headaches, tummy upset/mood swings for about a week, and had the weirdest dreams ever. That stopped. Day 14 I am smoking less by now. Day 17 still smoking. The smell/taste are getting worse. Day 20 I can only smoke a quarter of a cigarette at a time. I just couldn't smoke a full cigarette. Day 21 got up and had my last cigarette at 0700 h that morning. I stopped smoking on 03 April 2018 and has been smoke free for 4 weeks. I am on the second month maintenance pack as recommended. Now I have to lose the excess weight I gained. At least I kicked a very bad habit after 24 years."

SPOOKY (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking since I was 17 (I am now 60) I quit using Champix. It was my 2nd attempt, the 1st failed as I wasn't really trying and had a lot going on. I tried again a year ago and haven't had a cigarette now for 11 months. I barely had any side effects and quit entirely after using the drug for 3 weeks. The only problem is the shortness of breathe I am experiencing but I've been told this is not unusual and should get back to normal soon. After smoking a pack a day for all those years it's fantastic not be addicted to something so harmful. The freedom is wonderful and one of my biggest fears was the thought of not enjoying a night out or a meal again. This is so not true. I have a better time knowing I don't have to stand outside in the winter (usually alone) while my friends are inside having a good time."

Blondebookworm (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "After taking champix for 4 weeks I returned to my GP , who asked me had I stopped smoking yet ? I actually hadn't realised you were meant to stop within this period. Armed with a script for a further 4 weeks worth I embarked on the next phase . After smoking for 40 years and with several failed attempts to stop I was a tad sceptical as to how successful this would be . So 2 months after starting the course I am now cigarette free for 8 days !!!! and quietly proud of myself . Am also 4 days free of champix which I am even happier about !!! I am usually not prone to side-effects on medication , but managed to suffer through most of the possible ones listed , so the last 2 months have been quite an ordeal !! Was lethargic , disinterested and tired the whole time , wild dreams made worthwhile sleep difficult , so after 7 weeks was happy to stay off the smokes just to be free of the side-effects !! Hard yakka but worthwhile !!"

awass (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Hi everyone I did read most off your comments here. I started champix last Saturday but I'm still smoking and I'm starting to feel worried and wondering if I'm gonna make it. I really want to leave smoking behind can anyone please advise me."

Sharky (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I use to smoke around 20-25 cigarettes a day and had done for over 20 years. A friend recommended I try Champix so I asked my doctor and my life began again. After the first day of using them, I dropped to 5 a day. This was the amount I stuck to without any problem for several weeks until I stopped completely after a month. I had no craving for a cigarette even if I had been drinking alcohol. This was 7 years ago and I haven’t had a cigarette since! Champix altered my mind to the point of detesting everything about cigarettes and just the smell of them turns my stomach. My usual horrible taste in the mouth when waking went as did the need to cough up due to smoking. These things happen very quickly. I can tell if someone has smoked and it is horrible to me. I think that is Champix working on your mind to alter how you feel about cigarettes and this only lasts half hour at the most and I only took the pills for no more than 2 months. Amazing drug and I owe my life to them."

Djevo April 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I’ve been on this medication for 7 days now and went from smoking 30 a day to 10 in the first day! Today is my quit day and I’m ok so far but I’m trying to get through hour by hour. Some side effects I’ve had are dry mouth, nausea and dreams that keep u awake at night but I will see how that goes over the next week."

NIc36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. After 10 days of Champix I smoked my last cigarette. I've been smoke-free for 3 days. You have to set a quit date with this drug. I still have moderate cravings but they pass quickly and the anxiety of not having any smokes is gone. I haven't had any side effects with the medication."

CareBear (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Smoker for 40 years and tried everything to stop over the last 10 years. Champix works really well and I had little in the way of the usual side effects and much reduced cravings. However, a couple of days after starting the 1mg dosage - about day 5 - I noticed that my vision was starting to be affected. My right eye in particular felt like I was looking through a cheap pair of kids sun glasses in that everything was darker and blurred. Contacted my doctor and he said to cut down or stop taking the drug. So far my eyes are still not working properly after 4 weeks. This side effect is very uncommon but it is one that people should be aware of."

John (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I am on my 11th day of taking Champix. I haven’t had a cigarette since day 4 of taking them. It’s like magic, I literally don’t even crave a cigarette and couldn’t think of anything worse. If people are smoking around me the smell makes me want to be sick. The last cigarette I had I literally had one drag and it made me feel like I had licked an ashtray it was disgusting. I know some people suffer from the possible side effects but I would highly recommend anyone thinking about taking them to definitely give it a go. If it isn’t for you just stop taking them."

Matt (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I worked but scary dreams and erectile dysfunction were the side effects"

It worked (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Female smoker of almost 50years. Like all smokers I have a constant desire to quit but immobilised by fear. Heard about someone who quit taking champix, researched the product and all of the amazing people who shared their experiences on line helped me make the decision to start this drug, despite my fears. I am completely blown away by how effective it is. Am on day fourteen and haven’t smoked in 3 days now. Prior to my full quit day my smoking reduced every day , I just couldn’t smoke! Yes I had bad side effects, nausea and tummy pain the worse . Took omeprazole each morning before morning tablet and ensured I ate before, during and after taking tablet. That so helped. I had fuzzy head, dizziness, constipation, flatulence, everything. But, all this will pass and I will be a healthy happy non smoker. My chest has already cleared and not so much wheezing at night. Start it, stick it out, it will work for you. Good luck"

Bernieb 60 February 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I only took 2 pills of Champix and I quit smoking, but I don't think it was to do with them altering my state of mind. They just gave me horrific heart palpitations so I stopped taking them, BUT I've not touched a cigarette since. Also I still get palpitations. FYI I still get palpitations but the doctor says I'm healthy. Who knows if they worked or not."

MarkMan25 February 13, 2018