User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation 167 reviews 19 medications

Summary of Champix reviews 167 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "20/day smoker for 32 years. Never thought I would be a non smoker even for a day. Started Champix on 2nd Jan 2017 and set a quit date of 17 Jan 2017 (trying to maximize smoking time of course). The first day into taking the pills I could feel the difference. By the time I got to 8th and 9th Jan, cigerettes were tasting horrible. I forced myself to the 12th and could not smoke anymore. Smoked my last one at 9.20pm on 12 Jan, woke up the next morning, called my boss and said I wasn't coming in to work. Battled through two mornings of withdrawal symptoms mainly behavioral / habitual. Only once did I get nauseous and that was when I took Champix without food."

Quitter... (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "3rd attempt on Champix..quit for 2 1/2 years the first time, then started again! The drug works great, however you need put some effort. Day 8, I've cut back from 1/2 pack per day, to 1-2 cigs daily. My advice to you..if trying to quit on Champix, when you have a craving, distract yourself with something else, you'll find it passes quickly."

APERSA (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I tried this drug 2 times before. Each time I stopped smoking for a couple of months, however, I took up smoking again on both occasions. This last time I changed the way I thought and took the entire prescribed amount eacht day as directed. I didn't suffer nausea this time and I think it is because I ate a full meal and had a glass of water prior to having the medication. I also made a decision that I would never touch a cigarette again. I made sure I was around people who smoked during the first few months and anytime I craved in these situations I told myself I wasn't a smoker and it was disgusting. 12 months on I feel fantastic and I don't miss been a smoker at all!"

Jasmin33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Magical Product!! I didn't expect such results. I used it for 3 weeks, didn't complete the 4th week and I am not taking any dosage now since 2 weeks. Smoked about 2 during that time and the taste was disgusting. Side effects are very minimal. Highly recommended for people who want to quit. The urge to smoke vanishes within days, but the habit remains. Like I used to go for smoking at work every hour. Now after every hour I stand up as part of my habit. But smoking is what I dislike. If you want to quit you should give it a try."

RizwanZubairi January 4, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I don't think there is anything on the market as effective as champix. Get a coarse of tablets and within 2 weeks cigarettes taste vile and you have no desire for them anyway. I don't think giving up gets any easier they are not the nicest tabs to take but we'll worth using. As a 30 a day smoker I would say I was dubious at first but they work. I have tried all sorts but these pills are really effective."

Somerset rob (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I used Champix in the UK in 2007 and I became smoke free in 6mths. Stupidly, 18 mths ago, having moved to a country where smoking is allowed everywhere plus a major trauma, I started again. Champix is Rx free here, but when I used it in the UK, it was a new drug, and I had support of my GP and a cessation nurse, and I later went on to advise other users. My advice to anyone using Champix is understand how it works and affects you. It does have side effects but these can be countered by how you take the drug, the dosage and your own frame of mind. I took the tablets with food and plenty of water to counter the nausea, and halved the pills. I enjoyed the dreams! For me its a wonder drug and I am starting again today. Good Luck!"

Kivvy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "11 months since I have smoked... 11 MONTHS! I have never quit this long before. And it's all thanks to Champix. I never thought I would be a non smoker but here I am. I was on 3 different inhalers and a chronic cough. But it's all gone! Stick with the chamix peeps! It WORKS!! I smoked for 35 years, a pack a day and I am now a non smoker! "

Lovebeinganonsmoker December 29, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm on day 10 of champix, I read Allen Carrs book last week which spurred me on to throw a nearly full pack of cigarettes onto the fire Saturday night. The book put me into the frame of mind and Champix gave me a helping hand. I only stopped 2 days ago so its very early days, but I'm surprised at how easy it has been. I have been lucky so far with side effects..some very vivid dreams and feeling a bit low..things I can push on through if it helps me achieve my goal of being a non smoker!"

peggypoo December 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Me again and it has been 6 months now no cigarettes. My pharmacist was most helpful, once I was very sick to my stomach, he said to me we give the same dose to a man that weights 200 pounds as someone who weights 100 pounds. Think about it. If the dose you are taking is too strong cut the pill in half or in a quarter. If you have heavy dreams take a lighter dose maybe earlier during the day say latest 4pm"

no more cigs (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Hi to start with it i am or should I say I was a 36 year smoker. I'm on day 16 have not had a smoke for 3 days. No issue to report from taking the pill. Now I will say you have to keep your self busy. It's odd I still want a smoke but the pill keeps me from smoking .I will update as time go's on. December 07.2016. So day 7 smoke free.less withdrawal now.I have just started to work out."The keep your self busy" and changing habits bad to good.I have lost 3 lbs.That's it for now."

Chelseaguy (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have use Champix before and stopped smoking for 2 years.I stupidly started and have gone back on them.I have tried lots of different nicotine replacement methods and this is the only one that work.Those of you with little will power (like me)??This is for you.I do suffer side effects but can manage them as the alternative is smoking! Side effects include stomach pains and sickness.To solve this take the tablet after a decent meal and lower dose (I can manage on the .5mg).Hard to sleep and nightmares - no solution but better than waking up coughing up phelgm every morning. At times still get the urge to have a cigarette but experience of this is a big mistake as they taste awful and as soon as you light up, you will put it out. Keep busy"

Arie2016 December 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "It's been 30 days with no smoking. Use to smoke 10-15 a day for 30 years. If I eat something before taking pill I'm ok. Some crazy dreams but breathing great so it's worth it"

Reggiebud09 December 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Today is just 15 days I am taking Champix, last weekend I smoke just one on sat and one on sunday Still craving sometimes but its not too much, even after an argument with my workers or even drink on Sunday night did not feel , I need to smoke too bad. Although I did not have insurance and cost me almost $300 CAD but it worth it since I smoked one pack of Dunhill $15 /DAY!! my breathing is better, I DO NOT COUGH..and sleep already better ! today I have not smoked at all!........Really recommend"

Really impressed (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 'social' smoker for 20 years which was progressively becoming a daily issue, after trying everything including hundreds of $$ on Hypnos which didn't work I went to my doctor who told me I use ciggies as a reward at the end of the day. She mentioned champix might be beneficial. I take anti depressants as well. Within a few days of champix I wasn't enjoying cigs and by day 10 or 11 I stopped completely. This was 6 months ago. I did slip twice while drinking too much wine as I stopped taking the champix prematurely and started taking it again Only side effect was sickness, like morning sickness. Champix makes it easy to quit as it really reduces the cravings. Such a positive experience"

Emblemem October 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "My husband and I are on day 7 and it's the first day I've not had a cigarette, by days 3 I was already down to only 3 a day (first thing, after lunch and after tea) and doing it together has definitely helped. Like other stories on here (and doctors warnings) we have both had extreme nausea, headaches, nightmares and inability to sleep all night but you know what if it means I won't be smoking again I can put up with those for the short term. After 20 years of smoking it finally took a doctors warning due to mild emphysema to get me to quit, for others out there don't let it get that far. We didn't pick a quit date we just went with the flow and let our body tell us when we had had enough, when I try to smoke now it just makes me feel sick"

Can't thank it enough (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm up to week 5 and I can't believe how well I'm doing. I was nervous after reading heaps of reviews about the drug but I talked it over with my GP and she told me to watch my moods. I was a bit nauseous and grumpy but only in the first week. I continued to smoke a few days past my "quit" date, but I realised that Champix isn't a magic pill. You still need will power and a desire to quit. Using Champix means you need about 1 10th of the willpower you would need cold turkey. I still have cravings but you just have to push through them."

SimLou October 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had a very negative experience on Champix. 5 days in and I've thrown away the packet. Day 1 I was nauseous and vomiting and had terrifying nightmares, dry mouth, hot sweats Day 2 My mood changed, I felt like I was in a trance/had been sedated. Still having terrifying nightmares. Day 3,4,5 Sent home from work, feeling severely depressed and exhausted, can't function. I'm so upset that Champix affected me like this. I've read so many great reviews but it just wasn't for me. I could have dealt with all the side effects if I didn't work full time. But even customers were picking up on my "zombie" like state. Best of luck to everyone else trying to give up! I'm going to have to try good old fashioned will power!"

Bek94 October 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for 35 years of 20-30 cigarettes a day. Never seriously tried to quit until my doctor warned me that cessation is an absolute must. I didn't believe I'd be able to do it since the cravings were tremendous, and were over-riding all rational thought. I Started taking Champix. Within two weeks I noticed that cigarettes weren't as pleasurable as before, and started to ask myself it was actually worth the effort to go out and buy another pack - I realized then that the drug has effectively eradicated all PHYSICAL dependence, and that allowed me to focus on the behavioral aspects of my addiction. I have not smoked a cigarette since 3 months ago. Still have occasional cravings, but quite weak and gone after a few seconds,"

Omniron September 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "It's absolute magic. Worked for me 57 and smoked for years. Starting week 8 of not smoking. No cravings at all ☺"

Chevee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 35 years, 20 to 30 a day - never tried to give up once. I decided I would give it one good go. I did some research on Champix and opted for a course AND I stopped drinking completely - I drank socially most days. If anything was going to lower my resolve it would be several pints of lager. I did find difficult but the Champix helped a lot. I know it doesn't work for everyone and the side-effects can be unpleasant but I experienced nothing more than extremely vivid, pleasant dreams. I'm now 3 years smoke and alcohol free. Champion worked for me."

Rangerbird September 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Okay, so I started Champix, 2 weeks ago and I am still smoking. Very disappointing because I read how all the other people quit their quit day. I've gone from smoking a packet to between 2 - 4 Cigarettes per day. Mmmmm I suppose that is still good but not the desired effect that I actually wanted. :( The dreams are REAL!!! Sometimes I don't know whether to worry because of things in my sub conscience or if its just the tablets, I am starting to eat a lot and then I suffer from constipation. So unless Champix is still going to work its magic I have come to the conclusion that Champix is for people with a low level of will power tolerance. Does it make sense? I have a very high level of tolerance :("

Teasy (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 58 yr. old, have been smoking for 50 yr. smoked approx 30/day. I'm on day 12 of the starter pack, and down to approx 15/day. I am a hard core smoker! I'm trying everything to help myself quit. I NEED this Champix to work"

cccb September 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Hello everybody I have just started Champix 3 days ago and am experiencing very bad headaches can anyone remember if they had the same type of effects, I am not wanting to stop taking champix as its my third day and I have already cut back 50% on the smokes, it really is a wonder drug however I am worried this side effect will not stop. Please share your experience with me would be great to know if anybody else had the same problem."

nazos7680 September 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I unfortunately have had to stop taking Champix on day 26. The reason for this is the severe low feelings I experienced over the past 2 days. Prior to this I did quit on day 8, I experienced bloating, excessive wind (both ends), nausea,waking every 3 hours this was from day 2 onwards. The pharmacist suggested at my 2 week check in to keep going through the physical discomforts which I was ok with, but as my mood became depressed and I felt quite antsy about everything for no apparent reason I decided for me it's time to stop this drug. Good luck to everyone who is on it. It is certainly worth a try but be careful."

SM 1212 September 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Hi guys! Expert quitter from Dubai here, I basically quit every week! Just bought a pack and started the treatment, my stop date is 18th of September (A day before my dad's Bday! quitting would be the best gift) My pharmacist recommended I use an a detox treatment with it as well ( Bought an Acai Detoxan from Sensilab) Good Luck to all :)"

Sirsmokesalotttt September 5, 2016