User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation
8.6

Reviews for Champix

Fish · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I smoked for 40 years & had never really tried to stop, but as I was getting older & becoming more health conscious I thought I really need to try & give up the cigarettes. I started with the champix, set my date & off I went, almost 6 years later I am a non smoker & even detest the smell of it. I had no side effects what so ever, I love not being a slave to smoking anymore.”

Mojofiters · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 31, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “I began taking Champix a couple of months ago. The side effects are pretty grim. I felt nauseous most days, struggled to concentrate at work, exhausted by 7pm, then experienced some very vivid & bizarre nightmares. I persevered with it though because I was determined to stop this time and knew people who'd successfully stopped using it. I stopped smoking on day 10 (after vomiting with my last cigarette) and haven't smoked since. I honestly can't believe how effective it's been. I spoke to my doctor about stopping it early because I was sure I no longer needed them, he said it was entirely up to myself and everyone was different. I took my last tablet on day 35. I have now been smoke free for around 8 weeks and feel great for it. I just wish I'd done this years ago instead of wasting time and money on patches/vaping/hypnotherapy(!)/inhalators etc. I have been a heavy smoker of tobacco and weed for 20 years and if I can stop, honestly, anyone can!!”

Linnie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “After 40 years of smoking, and numerous attempts to quit using all different patches gum etc. I even paid a fortune for Hypnosis but no good. I read about Champix and was keen to try it. Within 3 months I was a non smoker. I had read that there were some side effects but I had none whatsoever. With champix I had virtually no cravings , Sometimes I still felt that something was missing (that would have been the stinky fag in my hand) but that was just habit and that was the easiest bit to change. 8 years later and I still cannot believe how easily I found it. Thank you Champix and whoever invented you X”

Fletch77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Now then, I was taking champix for 5 months and totally smoke free and I'm glad to say I've not smoked for a further two months without the drug and feel great. The thought of smoking again is not an option plus I've got a jar of money totalling nearly £3.5k... makes you think.”

Alida February 29, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I only completed the starter pack, so 4 weeks of champix. Been smoke free for a month. Champix works but my side affects included vivid dreams , irritation to annoying people, and some cloudy thinking. Still worth it I feel great now, deep breathing gets me through any urges and just feels good to be able to take deep breaths without coughing. Good luck everyone, you've got this.”

RA17 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 12, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “I smoked about 20 per day for over 5 years, tried quitting numerous times. Gum - didn't work, nictotine spray - hiccups, e-cig - did nothing for me, patches - carried on smoking anyway. My quit nurse recommended Champix, I took it for a week and continued smoking as recommended, then the day came - I finished a packet and simply didn't want to buy another, no cravings or anything. No side effects for me whilst taking it. By around 3 weeks later the smell of cigarettes repulsed me, I stopped taking the champix and haven't had a single cigarette since, now about 2 years.”

KIETH · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been smoking for 50 years .15-20 a day now I'm 70 I decided to quite. On Champix for 3 weeks and I'm down to 2 a day for the last week. WOW!! As I live in Australia ( The most expensive country in the world for ciggys its eating into my pension. It is $25 per a pack of 20 !! Now I keep a big jar and put in the amount of money I would have spent on ciggys and see it grow. I'll be able to go on holiday after 1 year. Side effects include colorful dreams and slight nausea. No interest in the taste just the habit of having a beer and a ciggy. No more standing outside a pub in the rain feeling like a leper.”

gary · Taken for less than 1 month October 3, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Two weeks taking Champix and I haven’t had a cigarette since day 3. It says to keep smoking until week 2 but I had no desire and the last few cigarettes I had weren’t enjoyable at all. I used to smoke anywhere between 10-30 per day but now I’m finally free. I have no cravings at all, actually zero. Last night I had a couple of wines (alcohol is what I have been most worried about) and felt a mild pang but it was fine! I’ve also listened to Alan Carr’s - Easy Way To Quit Smoking (audiobook) a number of times which addresses the psychological aspects and compliments the Champix perfectly. It changed my mindset from dreading this process to actually enjoying it. This time I know I’m quit for good. Thank you Pfizer and Alan Carr you glorious bast**rds!”

SproutFarmer August 15, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “I was advised that champix is a 3 month course to stop smoking but I could only stand 3 weeks, I felt weak, tired and nauseous the whole time. I can honestly say that I have never felt close to as bad as Champix made me feel. Before champix I was also drinking a bottle of 5% wine most evenings, my tolerance is low and I was tired of feeling groggy in the morning and the compulsion to drink. Champix turned me off alcohol before cigs, within 10 days I wasn’t smoking or drinking and it’s been 3 1/2 yrs now since I had a cig and I can count on one hand the no of times I have drank alcohol and it has been a very small amount in celebration of something like New Year. I have pre existing high blood pressure but since stopping smoking my meds have halved. Post Champix I lost 3 stone in weight. I no longer worry about not seeing my kids moving through adulthood with all the milestones that brings. Champix saved my health, my bank balance and most importantly my future with my kids. I can not recommend this medication highly enough.”

Feebee · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been a smoker for 30 odd years about 12 a day. I have had multiple attempts at quitting over the years but always started up again. I know a few people that had quit for good using Champix so thought I would try it. Well all I can say is WOW!! I am on day 23 taking Champix and have not wanted to smoke since day 10. During the first week I noticed that I could only smoke half a cigarette and only smoking about 5 a day. Then on day 10 I woke up not even wanting to smoke. Feels like a miracle. I am finally free and know that it will be life long. The only side effect for me, was a bit of nausea but found that taking it straight after brekky and dinner worked well. Give it a go and good luck ”

Jen January 13, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Hi I smoke for 35 years 40 a day tryed patches for 3 months went back smoking tryed vaping went back smoking so I thought I would try champix I stopped smoking one day before my stop date I did feel nauseous but fought my way though. The dreams are not bad some of mine were funny ”

RJB2017 · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 23, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Hi guys, I'm on week 10 of the tablets now and oh my what a great result its been! I gave up smoking on just day 8 of taking champix and have not had a cig or cravings since! I had tried all sorts before finally giving in to seek help from my GP. I'm glad I did otherwise I wouldn't be where I am today. Every time I walk past someone smoking or someone is stood next to me smoking the smell makes me feel sick? Anyone else get that? Good luck guys and gals here's to a smoke free future.”

Riz00 February 11, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Day 8 on Champix. I've smoked for 22 years. For the past year now my smoking has increased from smoking all the years 6-7 per day to double the amount. Side affects: slight nausea after taking pill last around 5-10min.I don't eat breakfast so I just take it with a large glass of water. Bad Constipation, bloating, takes me ages to fall asleep at night and wake up constantly. No bad dreams. I'm eating more and feel hungry all the time. I'm now at the point where I don't go out first thing upon waking in the morning with my coffee to smoke. I love my red wine and I have found that I don't even feel like having wine or drinking since a couple days ago! I can only really smoke half a cig then I have to stub it out. Champix works by slowly reducing my crave to smoke. Each day especially since starting the 1mg twice daily I'm not thinking of smoking and today I only had 3 which is already a big achievement for me. The best thing I've done for myself and my family.”

Miya · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Used Champix to stop smoking after 40 years. I think this is a miracle drug and is underused. My doctor did not tell me about this drug - it was my pharmacist that suggested it. So I asked the doctor to give me a prescription. Within 3 weeks I was smoke free and it happened almost without me realizing it. I would light up a cigarette have a puff and suddenly think, "I really don't want this" so would put it out. I've noticed that some people have said that they still got the urge but I don't believe that the "urge" was due to nicotine but just the "habit" of "lighting up". Champix can also be used to treat alcoholism, heroin, opioid & cocaine addictions!!!! I know there are side effects but all medications have side effects. I have many smokers say that they can't use Champix because they are afraid of the side affects. I then ask them what side effects does smoking have? Thank heavens for Champix!!!!”

Mrs d January 9, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Been on Champix 12 days now and not smoked for 9 days, since taking the two a day I have had a feeling of nausea in the mornings, that lasts for about and hour and easily managed by sipping water! I have zero cravings or desire to smoke I cannot believe how quickly this has worked for me, I have more vivid dreams but not nightmares. It has been brilliant for me, although I only smoked 8 a day I have tried countless times to quit cold turkey and it has never worked! So far so good I have no intention to return to the cigarettes!”

Mare May 9, 2021

For Smoking Cessation: “30 years of smoking 20-30 a day. My personal experience of strange “side effects” appeared to be as follows:- Only taking on a very full stomach , nausea. A strange body odour like French Onion Soup. Labyrinthitus towards the end of my course. But most bizarrely my usual extreme social anxiety and fear of telephoning and speaking to people completely changed, I felt euphoric and completely in control for the first time in my life, I booked a week in another country for myself and some family members , accommodation train and ferry tickets the lot! Phoned around Dublin to find a specific Doctors surgery to get help for a family member who lives there, None of these things would ever have been possible before or have been since . I have only heard bad reviews of this and just thought I would give my account as this has been a complete success for me, it is May 2021 and I haven't had any tobacco products since the 21st of January 2017.”

GrahamH · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 30, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I was a heavy smoker for close to 30-40 per day for 48 years. Had tried gum, patches, vaping without any real success. My wife heard about Champix on the radio. My doctor prescribed it, I think the course was twelve weeks. The instructions suggested I keep smoking while taking the tablets. At the end of the first day I didn’t feel like a cigarette, haven’t had one since. That was six years ago. Haven’t felt like having a cigarette in that time, even when out drinking with still smoking mates. Had no noticeable side effects”

Lily · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “After 45 years of smoking a pack a day plus I decided to try Champix. This is my first serious attempt to quit smoking. I continued smoking during weeks one to five however the number of cigarettes I smoked tapered off drastically. I am now in week seven and am eighteen days smoke free. I will be honest, it is a battle for me since I enjoy my cigarettes. I've almost given up a few times due to cravings and the fact that I am cranky as heck. (I'm chalking the crankiness up to the lack of nicotine in my system) But I haven't caved in yet nor do I plan to. As for the 'side effects' - my dreams are vivid but interesting. I take this medication with food and the recommended full glass of water so I do not feel any nausea. The cravings, well, there's bound to be some. Make sure to have lots of gum or mints on hand! Honestly though, I would recommend Champix to anyone who wants to quit smoking.”

Bristol · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Hi everyone I have smoked on and off for 10 years, I must say that I have completely tried almost everything, so one day I searched the net to see if there's a tablet for stop smoking, and wow I came across this champix. So I researched it, then went online doctor for a assessment, which I payed £35.00 for the starter pack, I took for 7 days and that was it, no more smoking, now back to my gyming. Honestly really is a bad habit and it's powerful, and those who do not smoke wouldn't understand how hard it is . I work for the NHS. Thanks for reading.”

Jimbob January 5, 2021

For Smoking Cessation: “I was coming up to 60 years old after been a heavy smoker since I was 16 years old. I have previously tried everything to quit for the last 20 years with no success I was diagnosed with COPD ten years ago so I tried Champix on a course recommended by my GP. I cut down and totally quit after two months that was 2 years ago still occasionally fancy a cigarette but they have worked well my only side effects was lucid dreams but they soon stopped after I finished the course. Try them if you're serious about quitting nothing else worked for me highly recommended”

PJ · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2021

For Smoking Cessation: “Started smoking at 19 and was a heavy smoker from that point until I was 54 years old when I decided to try Champix as I had heard many success stories. Did not even have to take them for a month and I had totally quit - taking a puff of a smoke would make me so nauseous. It was two years last week without a single cigarette - I'm so proud. I have not even had a single craving since I quit. My husband still smokes and it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm done-forever-this stuff REALLY WORKS - it's a miracle drug for me....”

MotowayM December 24, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Prescribed by my doctor. Took champix for 3 weeks. Please go online and read stories of suicide, violence, aggression, mood swings and amnesia. The last day I took Champix I woke in a police cell the next morning not knowing why I was there (total amnesia). Over a nine hour period I had became violent and abusive and even took to driving my car. Champix should be banned. Before you use Champix please do your own research. The web is full people and their stories of how this drug has ruined lives and people’s mental health”

Steve north west uk February 21, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I stopped smoking after only about 12 days on champix. The only problem was as soon as a doubled the dose As instructed i developed heart arthymia, chest pains, a pain attack leaving me in hospital, and now 6 weeks on I'm paying 1000 for urgent private cardiac assessments to try and save my job, my house, my llife. Finally, symptoms seem to be subsiding a little after 6-7 weeks. Be v v careful people. My advice is stick to half dose ie one in morning, one at night.”

Dingo November 16, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Have tried to give up smoking in the past with other methods always returned to the fags. However, had a health issue that basically said give up or that will be your life over so had to give champix a go. My husband also is trying to give up in support of me. I smoked for 40 + years so a big habit to quit. I have found the champix a challenge to be honest, its the nausea and fatigue but also I have started a shed load of other medication too, so could be these as well. My husband has no side effects at all now, he had a bit of restlessness at night, I have sleepless nights but dreams have stopped, we are both on day 28. I haven't smoked for 14 days, my husband has had one roll up a day for 14 days but I still think this is amazing. Reading tips on this forum I will try to take morning tablet with milk and evening one after dinner to see if this helps reduce nausea. I will continue taking the champix as although I crave a cigarette and feel a bit flat this is the best its ever been without nicotine.”

Erndog · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2018

For Smoking Cessation: “I was a smoker for 65 years. I was a long distance truck driver so occasionally I would smoke 2 or 3 large packs a day. I enjoyed smoking for the most part and worked out quite a few problems smoking a cigarette. Finally for health reasons I was talked into quitting. Through the years I had tried the patch, other types of pills, and acupuncture but nothing worked. I started champix and within 3 weeks the sensations started to fade. Now 8 months smoke free it doesn't bother me sitting with my wife or friends while they smoke. I have no urges or desires to light up. Thank you champix and as soon as we can afford my wife is going to start the system she is so impressed with me.”