User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation
8.7

Summary of Champix reviews 8.6 271 reviews

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "Started this medicine about 6 weeks ago. I stopped smoking on day 14. I just woke up that morning and thought “no, I’m not smoking today” and here I am 27 days later smoke free. Cannot believe it TBH. My sense of smell and taste is still amazing me. From 3rd day off cigs I could smell everything, peoples perfume, their sweat, aromas, detergents etc, it is mad. Usual side effects, nausea and feeling faint when taking meds. However, when taken on a full stomach I’m fine. Definitely increased appetite. I’m usually slim, toned, gym fit. I’ve stopped the gym and eating lots of garbage. Going to sort that out this week. I'm not fond of meds but they definitely work. I don’t think my mood is low but friends say I’m a bit irritable. I notice words don’t come to me quickly which is a side effect. Nothing major though. Sooo happy I am not smoking. Saving a fortune and feel really clean. Be cautious if you have any mental illness. Oh be prepared for the vivid weird dreams."

Delboy November 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Coming up on 1 year on 8th Nov. This product WORKS but you have to WANT to quit. I had gained weight and needed to exercise. I started exercising but I could barely breathe due to the cigs. I was still smoking when I started exercising. I started to lose weight. I wanted to work harder and I knew it would only happen if I quit cigs. So I started champix. By the 10th day I was smoking less. I also could not smoke an entire cigarette. On day 13 I had my last cig. I basically got through the day without any cigs. On my 4th month my dad passed away. But still I didn't smoke. I am now running half marathons. I am fitter and stronger than ever before. My hair and clothes don't stink. My skin looks amazing. I had some side effects- insomnia and headaches.T he exercise early in the morning helped with the insomnia. And I took headache tablets. But small price to pay for saving my own life. I am my own hero!"

Bootcamper November 2, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked daily since I was 11 and just celebrated my 36th birthday last week and I'm about to start week 5 of champix I stopped smoking on day 11 but since then have maybe had 6 smokes, find it hard to say no when offered but don't have cravings afterwards. I'm worried because I've had them that once I finish the 12 weeks I'll want to start again, need to get tougher, find the nausea not to bad now and only had a couple of strange dreams"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "If you wish to stop smoking, you will if you have the willpower. Using Champix, it may suit you, however both my wife and I found the drug extremely disturbing. Following the starter pack, we both progressed to 2 x 1mg tablets per day. During week 3, we were both like zombies. We were tired all the time and would fall asleep mid afternoon. Night time sleep was disturbed by vivid dreams. Together with the almost constant feeling of nausea, it wasn’t for us. True, it removes the desire for nicotine, however it doesn’t remove the habit. We both now use vaporisers and having stopped the Champix feel much, much better!"

Mick (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Coming up to week 12 soon of my champix journey and so glad I did it! For the first 5 days I carried on smoking as usual about 15 a day. By day 8 I was having 1 a day... By day 14 I had not had a cigarette for 4 days! Yes now and then I did feel sick but nothing I couldn't handle ( better than smoking) made sure I had eaten before taking my tablet. Also felt a little tired now and then. I have definitely lost my appetite but I'd rather that then weight gain. Don't worry if you haven't given up straight away around day 14 is a good place to start. Just keep going as it will be worth it in the end. I can't thank champix enough. I just stopped thinking about smoking completely which would never of happened cold turkey."

Rubz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked close to 2 pkgs a day for 40 yrs. Quit on my 3rd day using CHAMPIX! Wasn't totally discomfort free but twas definitely doable. On week 2 now and feeling GREAT!"

Gramsdone (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I started champix 15 days ago, 25 years of smoking. After watching my father die of lung cancer at the age of 62 , caused by him smoking . I cannot let my children see me die the way my father did . My father died in June so still pretty raw . 4 days in of taking champix I had side effects, headache, sickly ect . I felt like nothing was happening, and I was convinced it would not work for me. I was still smoking, still wanting and needing to smoke. Then day 14 came and something just clicked, I no longer wanted a cig, didn't crave it, For the first time in 25 years I have done a whole day without a cigarette . Feels weird, feels like I'm sort of grieving for it because I no longer need it . I could never even imagine my life without smoking, I couldn't ever imagine driving to work and not smoking 2 cigs on the way , or waking each morning and having a coffee and cig. My advice to anyone who's thinking " it's not working " give it a chance it's totally worth it . :-) ."

Em October 15, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked for over 30 years and have been trying to quit for the past 15! I've tried vaping, hypnosis, cold turkey, the Alan Carr method - everything. I was sceptical about Champix because I'd read a lot of horror stories. They worked almost immediately. Cigs started tasting bad by day 3 and by day 5 any urge to smoke had completely passed. By day 10, even the habit disappeared. I don't even think about smoking - it just doesn't occur to me and I consider myself a non-smoker, not someone trying to quit. I've had some side effects; some insomnia at first and again when the dosage went up to 2mg per day, but this only lasted a day or two. Likewise, I've had some stomach cramps and upset, but again, only when I first started taking them and when the dosage increased. Lots of food and water helps. I didn't think it would work this quickly and the side effects have been mild to non existent. I can now envisage a life without smoking!"

WaltD October 14, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Didn't want to quit, consulted doctor to appease wife and daughter. Prescribed champix and stopped smoking in 3rd week, completed 12 week course with only 1 strange dream. Haven't smoked since."

Bah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Champix made me extremely nauseous almost immediately right after I took it for 20-30 minutes every time, even with a lot of water and food. It was so bad and after 3 weeks of me not seeing results after reading all the success stories I was about to give up because I figured maybe I'm one of the people it just doesn't work for and it's not worth all the sickness I put myself through twice a day. 2 days later (3 months ago) was my last cigarette and I didn't even see it coming. The need just disappeared . Yes the habit of needing it in certain stressful situations has still been there a few times but I can easily fight through that more than the addiction itself. :)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I feel so so sick and so depressed...but I did stop smoking on my first week of taking the drug as I felt to sick to smoke. I'm now on my last month and I want to stop taking Champix but I'm scared if I don't finish I will start smoking again. The meds have made me so confused I can't think properly. I have all the side affects they say you can get BADLY! I feel like I have the worst hangover ever! But I'm a non smoker and I'm loosing so much weight. Just hope I can get through the last month. All I can say is I will never ever smoke again and I can't go through this again!"

Sick (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Hi, I got champix off my doctor back in 2010. I took the first box that was made up of half dose tablets then full dose, after taking them for 2 weeks all I was doing was sleeping (around 16hrs a day) And doing really odd stuff when awake. I never had the bad dreams but just felt really odd so I stopped taking them after 4 weeks, at this point I had not had cigarette for a week and I've never had one since however the long term affects have literally devastated me, I somehow lost the ability for care and compassion and my personality totally changed, I lost my relationship of 22yrs and although Im not depressed I find it very hard to form any kind of relationship or friendship but maybe this is the way my body has dealt with the loss of nicotine. I'm very doubtful of this as I had stopped by going cold turkey on a few occasions for months at a time and I was fine. If your taking this PLEASE PLEASE ask family and friends to monitor you closely"

Tricky fin (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I'm in 2 minds about this drug. I'm on my 3rd week and not had a cig for a week now. I smoked around 20 per day and always found it hard to quit. Tried patches, inhalers, gum etc in the past but found the cravings really hard. This is actually working and I'm not wanting a cig so much. HOWEVER, I feel awful. I'm extremely tired all the time and have 0 energy which isn't like me. I'm having terrible nightmares and other strange dreams and waking up in sweats. I feel sickly all the time with a metal taste in my mouth, headaches and over the last couple of days I've had severe stomach cramps and terrible wind. Going to docs for advice. I do not feel good at all."

Hangry (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Effective at stopping smoking, went from being a heavy smoker to stopping on day 11 and not felt the urge to smoke. Here comes the but Suffered tiredness and nausea first couple of weeks, which my GP warned me about in advance. Didn’t really cover the mental health risks, either causing or aggravating existing issues. Within five weeks of taking this drug, I had spiralled out of control with depression, and hit a really dark place. Fortunately my wife noticed all this despite me trying to hide it, and took action. Within 24hours of stopping, it was like coming up for air when drowning. The drug is very effective at stopping smoking, be very aware of the side effects. Wouldn’t advise taking this tablet if you live on your own or have existing mental health conditions, unless you are fully aware of the side effects and have some kind of support mechanism in place. I genuinely think I would have taken my own life if my wife hadn’t forced me to get medical attention."

Harryp September 21, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked since I was 13, I used champix a few years ago and it worked so I started again. I stopped smoking again when I fell pregnant but unfortunately started again due to baby blues. I woke up this morning and looked at my baby who is now 18 weeks and thought I need to stop for him and me so I am going to try champix again. From before I had the nightmares and nausea but I found away round that and it really worked. Eat before taking the pill and the most important one was keep hydrated. I had. Drink a pint of water before bed and too another with meals and this seemed to stop the nightmares and the feeling down and has worked for many of my friends who I advised this to."

Chips (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I am on day 20 and I feel nothing! No side effects, no funny tasting tobacco, no natural urge to quit. I have basically gone from 20 cigarettes/day down to 6 all on my own. The only way I feel the drug is working is the psychological pressure of looking at the pill count every day, knowing in the back of my mind that my family AND I expect to be quit by the end of the pack. I am having trouble with the morning coffee cigarettes and the end of day cigarettes. That makes 6. I can't get below that. Since the Champix doesn't work, I am basically going to have to use full strength willpower. I heard that you go into withdrawal when you stop Champix because it is filling up your dopamine receptors which will suddenly find themselves unstimulated when the Champix is done. We'll see how that goes. I vote Champix a 0/10."

opioid-100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Hi, everyone, I don't understand why but today is day 13 of taking Champix and I am still smoking, so don't think it's going to work. I am feeling sad at this point. Anyone got any pointers?"

weelassie (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I am a smoker from 20 years I have taken a 2 month course and it's really awesome. My heart is full of thanks for champix"

Chinna September 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Started taking Champix in May this year and had picked my stop date but on my stop date a family member died so I smoked like a mill chimney and stopped taking the tablets as it wasn't the right time to quit. Started again 8 days ago and haven't had a cig in 2 days, not only do I not want a cig but the thought of putting one in my mouth makes me want to vomit! The thought of putting food in my mouth also makes me want to vomit but at least I won't put on weight replacing cigs with food!!! Because of the food thing I'm cutting tablet down to 1/2 in morning & 1/2 at night as it has also affected my sleep, no crazy dreams just find myself awake at 1am and can't get back to sleep. Wondering if I need to take all 12 weeks or if I can stop taking them sooner??????"

Sick But Stopped (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Slowly working. On last set of third pack. Nausea used to kick in 15min after taking the tablet now it takes about 5min for the nausea to set in. Thankfully it’s effects are short term."

No (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I'm on my fifth week of taking Champix. Same side effects as what everybody else seems to be having. I haven't smoked a cigarette for 3 weeks - the longest I've ever gone without some kind of nicotine replacement. Champix really screws with my head but it's worth it to give up smoking. I'm a passionate smoker, always have been, but I know I'm onto a good thing with this."

Maple Cream (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on this med for 5 weeks. I am 20 days smoke free. I am also bipolar which I am medicated for and I continue to take that and its not been a issue. The only side effect I have on this drug is constipation. I smoked for 38 years. I feel great and I will take champix for 10 weeks as advised and be smoke free the rest of my life. Thank you for this wonderful drug"

lcluett August 29, 2018

"I guess in my experience we'll never get to find out if the drug works. My friend did however happen to take his own life completely drastically, AND OUT OF NO WHERE, 2 weeks after starting this pill. Read the actual customer reviews people, it's real! (Yes I'm dramatic and emotional, wouldn't you be!) If anyone you know is taking this, PLEASE be aware, before it's too late.."

Pissed off friend (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I desperately wanted to quit. I was on 20 a day. But the anxiety I felt at the thought of not having my four fags on the way into work and back filled me with fear. I started champix three weeks ago. No major side effects, slight nausea, hilarious dreams, and the feeling that it was doing something but I wasn’t sure what. After day three on the tablets I tested myself. Had wine one evening without a fag....felt ok. Travelled to work with no smoking on the journey and felt ok. Cigarettes started to taste odd...but I continued until my quit day which was day 8 for me. Not quite sure what the tablets do but my fear, my crutch, the evil longing just subsided. I’ve not had a cigarette for 11 days now and I’m down to two 0.5 tablets a day. Feeling fairly smashing. Cannot believe I’m doing it to be honest. So going to continue keeping on going. Good luck everyone giving it a go. Hope it works for you...as no one needs these in their lives!! X"

Kat22 (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "It was good to read all the comments. I have been a smoker for over 35 years and I started to feel wheezy etc. I have tried so many times to quit but never been successful. I started taking Champix 11 days ago and stopped smoking on day 6. I cannot believe that I have not smoked a cigarette for a whole 5 days. It is Mad! I do feel sick after the first tablet but just eat and its not so bad, The dreams are crazy but I can live with them if it means I won't smoke. I feel a little low but I control it as I know its the tablets. I'm just really happy at the moment with Champix and feel really positive about a non smoking future"

TJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2018