User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation
8.8

Summary of Champix reviews 8.8 237 reviews

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "First I would like to say thank you to every one who posted here to talk about their experience. I am attempting CHAMPIX now for my second time. I have figured out how to prevent the sick feeling. I eat a little and then take the pill and eat more. Kind of like I am burying the pill in my food. LOL. I have had some crazy dreams, something that actually isn't so bad. They are just of people that have passed away and are visiting me. I do noticed if I am starting to get grumpy and take a deep breath. I have great control of that. So I am on date 7 and found my self here. I read the comments about peoples journeys and find it has helped for reassurance. That yes it's not easy but, it can be done. So again high five to a healthy life and I can't wait to stop taking these pills."

RettaB (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have started champix for the second time. I am not a long term smoker per say I started 8 months ago because I fancied a girl who was a heavy smoker - it didn't work I never dated her. I am 32 years old and have learning difficulties and mental health problems. I successfully quit smoking after trying champix before getting hooked again 4 years ago. The lesson was not fully learnt I am hooked again. I tried a vape and failed, patches failed I kept on smoking both. I am now on champix day 3 I still smoke cos of the mental addiction, no cravings or no big ones anyway. I just can't seem to get over the mental addiction even after being sick. Tomorrow I start two tablets. "

Dane May 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoking for 24 years. Had about 20 cigarettes a day. One of my friends recommended champix as he took it and stopped smoking after day 14. I got the starter pack and after the first pill I took and smoked a cigarette it tasted like leaves/wood and smelled worse than before, but I kept on smoking. Had headaches, tummy upset/mood swings for about a week, and had the weirdest dreams ever. That stopped. Day 14 I am smoking less by now. Day 17 still smoking. The smell/taste are getting worse. Day 20 I can only smoke a quarter of a cigarette at a time. I just couldn't smoke a full cigarette. Day 21 got up and had my last cigarette at 0700 h that morning. I stopped smoking on 03 April 2018 and has been smoke free for 4 weeks. I am on the second month maintenance pack as recommended. Now I have to lose the excess weight I gained. At least I kicked a very bad habit after 24 years."

SPOOKY (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking since I was 17 (I am now 60) I quit using Champix. It was my 2nd attempt, the 1st failed as I wasn't really trying and had a lot going on. I tried again a year ago and haven't had a cigarette now for 11 months. I barely had any side effects and quit entirely after using the drug for 3 weeks. The only problem is the shortness of breathe I am experiencing but I've been told this is not unusual and should get back to normal soon. After smoking a pack a day for all those years it's fantastic not be addicted to something so harmful. The freedom is wonderful and one of my biggest fears was the thought of not enjoying a night out or a meal again. This is so not true. I have a better time knowing I don't have to stand outside in the winter (usually alone) while my friends are inside having a good time."

Blondebookworm (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "After taking champix for 4 weeks I returned to my GP , who asked me had I stopped smoking yet ? I actually hadn't realised you were meant to stop within this period. Armed with a script for a further 4 weeks worth I embarked on the next phase . After smoking for 40 years and with several failed attempts to stop I was a tad sceptical as to how successful this would be . So 2 months after starting the course I am now cigarette free for 8 days !!!! and quietly proud of myself . Am also 4 days free of champix which I am even happier about !!! I am usually not prone to side-effects on medication , but managed to suffer through most of the possible ones listed , so the last 2 months have been quite an ordeal !! Was lethargic , disinterested and tired the whole time , wild dreams made worthwhile sleep difficult , so after 7 weeks was happy to stay off the smokes just to be free of the side-effects !! Hard yakka but worthwhile !!"

awass (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Hi everyone I did read most off your comments here. I started champix last Saturday but I'm still smoking and I'm starting to feel worried and wondering if I'm gonna make it. I really want to leave smoking behind can anyone please advise me."

Sharky (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I use to smoke around 20-25 cigarettes a day and had done for over 20 years. A friend recommended I try Champix so I asked my doctor and my life began again. After the first day of using them, I dropped to 5 a day. This was the amount I stuck to without any problem for several weeks until I stopped completely after a month. I had no craving for a cigarette even if I had been drinking alcohol. This was 7 years ago and I haven’t had a cigarette since! Champix altered my mind to the point of detesting everything about cigarettes and just the smell of them turns my stomach. My usual horrible taste in the mouth when waking went as did the need to cough up due to smoking. These things happen very quickly. I can tell if someone has smoked and it is horrible to me. I think that is Champix working on your mind to alter how you feel about cigarettes and this only lasts half hour at the most and I only took the pills for no more than 2 months. Amazing drug and I owe my life to them."

Djevo April 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I’ve been on this medication for 7 days now and went from smoking 30 a day to 10 in the first day! Today is my quit day and I’m ok so far but I’m trying to get through hour by hour. Some side effects I’ve had are dry mouth, nausea and dreams that keep u awake at night but I will see how that goes over the next week."

NIc36 (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. After 10 days of Champix I smoked my last cigarette. I've been smoke-free for 3 days. You have to set a quit date with this drug. I still have moderate cravings but they pass quickly and the anxiety of not having any smokes is gone. I haven't had any side effects with the medication."

CareBear (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Smoker for 40 years and tried everything to stop over the last 10 years. Champix works really well and I had little in the way of the usual side effects and much reduced cravings. However, a couple of days after starting the 1mg dosage - about day 5 - I noticed that my vision was starting to be affected. My right eye in particular felt like I was looking through a cheap pair of kids sun glasses in that everything was darker and blurred. Contacted my doctor and he said to cut down or stop taking the drug. So far my eyes are still not working properly after 4 weeks. This side effect is very uncommon but it is one that people should be aware of."

John (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I am on my 11th day of taking Champix. I haven’t had a cigarette since day 4 of taking them. It’s like magic, I literally don’t even crave a cigarette and couldn’t think of anything worse. If people are smoking around me the smell makes me want to be sick. The last cigarette I had I literally had one drag and it made me feel like I had licked an ashtray it was disgusting. I know some people suffer from the possible side effects but I would highly recommend anyone thinking about taking them to definitely give it a go. If it isn’t for you just stop taking them."

Matt (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I worked but scary dreams and erectile dysfunction were the side effects"

It worked (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Female smoker of almost 50years. Like all smokers I have a constant desire to quit but immobilised by fear. Heard about someone who quit taking champix, researched the product and all of the amazing people who shared their experiences on line helped me make the decision to start this drug, despite my fears. I am completely blown away by how effective it is. Am on day fourteen and haven’t smoked in 3 days now. Prior to my full quit day my smoking reduced every day , I just couldn’t smoke! Yes I had bad side effects, nausea and tummy pain the worse . Took omeprazole each morning before morning tablet and ensured I ate before, during and after taking tablet. That so helped. I had fuzzy head, dizziness, constipation, flatulence, everything. But, all this will pass and I will be a healthy happy non smoker. My chest has already cleared and not so much wheezing at night. Start it, stick it out, it will work for you. Good luck"

Bernieb 60 February 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I only took 2 pills of Champix and I quit smoking, but I don't think it was to do with them altering my state of mind. They just gave me horrific heart palpitations so I stopped taking them, BUT I've not touched a cigarette since. Also I still get palpitations. FYI I still get palpitations but the doctor says I'm healthy. Who knows if they worked or not."

MarkMan25 February 13, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Haven't smoked for 14 days. Smoked 20 a day in the week and 25 minimum at weekends. These things are amazing. Literally a wonder drug. Only sides I've had was itchy eyes 1st week and vivid dreams first 10 days"

Rwm2018 February 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking Champix 10th January 2018 had a 2 week course. I had been rolling my own cigarettes about 10 /15 a day for over 45 years. I am so pleased to say I have not touched a cigarette for 2 weeks now ! If I can do it anyone can ! Had a couple of side affect's like feeling sick after taking them and dreams but just persevered for the 2 weeks so pleased I carried on until I finished the 2 week course !!!!"

Suzziewoozie February 2, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "After 65 years of smoking up to two packs per day. Champix worked for me - now over 18 months smoke free. Champix works"

Not 41 January 29, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 2 1/2 - 3 pack a day smoker (canadian 25 in a pack). I tried Champix at a time in my life when I had no problems or anything upsetting in my life as my Dr. recommended. Well I found it to be a miracle for me. I did go past the "Stop date", but didn't let it bother me that I passed my goal. I was down to smoking 1/2 a cig, until one day I smoked a whole one well wow was I sick after that and never smoked again, that was over 7 years ago. I didn't have any side effects (mind you, I didn't read them as sometimes if you know you get them all, lol) and if I did feel strange, I would have contacted my Dr. Stopping smoking using Champix was one of the easiest things I have ever done and I was hooked bad, wish they had a weight-lose tablet that would stop me from eating!."

Mitchie5 January 17, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've been on Champix since 6 November 2016 and not had a cigarette since beginning of December not a full one either as had to put it out halfway due to awful taste and felt sick. Yes, they are fantastic at stopping you smoking, which I did for 37 years on and off as nothing worked as well as these do, but the sickness, headaches, itchy eyes and skin and sleepless nights are really a big problem for me and have been since Day 1. I have asked my nurse, if I can reduce my dose from 1mg twice daily to 0.5 mg twice daily due to the side effects, but she wants me to persevere a few weeks longer, I also have raised blood sugars, being diabetic and although struggling with the Champix severely, I have cut down to 1mg once daily and it s worked."

jsj51 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 1, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Champix made me suicidal - even after nearly 3 months of not taking it - I still fight negative thoughts of self harm and suicide. Has anyone else found champix had this effect on them? It was given to me with no health check and within days of taking it I found myself really low (I stopped immediately) but still I have not returned to my happy self. I visited the same health care worker who wanted to give me more drugs to effect my mind, she claimed she had never come across such a violent effect. But I have two friends who have taken it and they both said it was dangerous and messed with their mental health. Can anyone help me regain my mental health without drugs - which were the obviously problem."

r46 December 20, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Completely lost my brain, psychotic episodes, had to spend a week sedated on suicide watch"

Zany n (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is second time I've used champix, The first time was a few years ago, I went on the 12 wk champix course and I stopped for 4 years. I had tried absolutely everything that was available from patches to chewing gum & nothing worked, I had given up. I tried champix & it was like a miracle. But Stupidly I started smoking again so I am using champix again as I have faith that this will help me quit. I am on my 6th week & have stopped smoking but the urges are still strong, however my doctor has said that you only get a 6 wk course of champix now & you must use your will power? I think the 12 wk is just right as it helps with the cravings after you put the cigarettes down."

Whispz (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Champix works. Smoked for 25 years and up to 1.5 to 2 packs a day for the last few years. By day 3 my smoking began dropping considerably without even trying. By day 7 I was down to a half pack 7 - 10 cigarettes per day. I quit on day 8 and haven't had any real problem since. Started 28 days ago. Nic fits are very short and forgettable. You can feel a little weird at the start and experience a kind of tinny taste sometimes but that goes away. I took one pill in the morning and one at mid-afternoon to avoid any sleep / dream issues. Very impressed. Has made quitting really easy for me so far. With Champix I think the only way to fail is if you make yourself fail."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "NEVER thought I could quit. I felt desperate. I took only one pill a day because night pill gave me heart palpitations. I set my quit date as day 11 and now I'm 1 month & 18 days smoke free! The pill takes away the "I NEED A CIG RIGHT NOW" feeling. Completely worth it. I will recommend anyone to talk to their doctor about it. CRAZY dreams, deal with it ride it out. If you quit smoking cold turkey things are going to be tough your going to feel different, if you take champix things are still going to be tough and you might feel different. Just stay strong set yourself up for success I did (i know it sounds ridiculous) inspirational phone background because likely you look at it a hundred times a day, quit smoking app and champ!good luck get the monkey off your back!"

Brittk123 November 10, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "on day 6. So far so good, the only side affect that I seem to be having is disturbed sleep. This is relative to other factors as I've had a few ridiculously early starts for work. My weekly average is about 10% less sleep than normal (fitbit). My dreams are slightly more vivid but not nightmarish. Grumpiness seems to be underlying most days, but I work with the general public that could just be normal and I'm suddenly more aware of it due to keeping an eye on my mood because of the tablets. I cut down from 20 a day to 10 after 3 days. Yesterday 7 smoked. Today the smell of cigarettes and smoke is noxious. I'm at the point of washing everything I own just to get rid of the smell, luckily I never smoked inside my home."

Cakey November 9, 2017