User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation 155 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Champix reviews 155 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "Today is just 15 days I am taking Champix, last weekend I smoke just one on sat and one on sunday Still craving sometimes but its not too much, even after an argument with my workers or even drink on Sunday night did not feel , I need to smoke too bad. Although I did not have insurance and cost me almost $300 CAD but it worth it since I smoked one pack of Dunhill $15 /DAY!! my breathing is better, I DO NOT COUGH..and sleep already better ! today I have not smoked at all!........Really recommend"

Really impressed (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 'social' smoker for 20 years which was progressively becoming a daily issue, after trying everything including hundreds of $$ on Hypnos which didn't work I went to my doctor who told me I use ciggies as a reward at the end of the day. She mentioned champix might be beneficial. I take anti depressants as well. Within a few days of champix I wasn't enjoying cigs and by day 10 or 11 I stopped completely. This was 6 months ago. I did slip twice while drinking too much wine as I stopped taking the champix prematurely and started taking it again Only side effect was sickness, like morning sickness. Champix makes it easy to quit as it really reduces the cravings. Such a positive experience"

Emblemem October 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "My husband and I are on day 7 and it's the first day I've not had a cigarette, by days 3 I was already down to only 3 a day (first thing, after lunch and after tea) and doing it together has definitely helped. Like other stories on here (and doctors warnings) we have both had extreme nausea, headaches, nightmares and inability to sleep all night but you know what if it means I won't be smoking again I can put up with those for the short term. After 20 years of smoking it finally took a doctors warning due to mild emphysema to get me to quit, for others out there don't let it get that far. We didn't pick a quit date we just went with the flow and let our body tell us when we had had enough, when I try to smoke now it just makes me feel sick"

Can't thank it enough (taken for less than 1 month) October 22, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm up to week 5 and I can't believe how well I'm doing. I was nervous after reading heaps of reviews about the drug but I talked it over with my GP and she told me to watch my moods. I was a bit nauseous and grumpy but only in the first week. I continued to smoke a few days past my "quit" date, but I realised that Champix isn't a magic pill. You still need will power and a desire to quit. Using Champix means you need about 1 10th of the willpower you would need cold turkey. I still have cravings but you just have to push through them."

SimLou October 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had a very negative experience on Champix. 5 days in and I've thrown away the packet. Day 1 I was nauseous and vomiting and had terrifying nightmares, dry mouth, hot sweats Day 2 My mood changed, I felt like I was in a trance/had been sedated. Still having terrifying nightmares. Day 3,4,5 Sent home from work, feeling severely depressed and exhausted, can't function. I'm so upset that Champix affected me like this. I've read so many great reviews but it just wasn't for me. I could have dealt with all the side effects if I didn't work full time. But even customers were picking up on my "zombie" like state. Best of luck to everyone else trying to give up! I'm going to have to try good old fashioned will power!"

Bek94 October 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for 35 years of 20-30 cigarettes a day. Never seriously tried to quit until my doctor warned me that cessation is an absolute must. I didn't believe I'd be able to do it since the cravings were tremendous, and were over-riding all rational thought. I Started taking Champix. Within two weeks I noticed that cigarettes weren't as pleasurable as before, and started to ask myself it was actually worth the effort to go out and buy another pack - I realized then that the drug has effectively eradicated all PHYSICAL dependence, and that allowed me to focus on the behavioral aspects of my addiction. I have not smoked a cigarette since 3 months ago. Still have occasional cravings, but quite weak and gone after a few seconds,"

Omniron September 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "It's absolute magic. Worked for me 57 and smoked for years. Starting week 8 of not smoking. No cravings at all ☺"

Chevee (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 25, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 35 years, 20 to 30 a day - never tried to give up once. I decided I would give it one good go. I did some research on Champix and opted for a course AND I stopped drinking completely - I drank socially most days. If anything was going to lower my resolve it would be several pints of lager. I did find difficult but the Champix helped a lot. I know it doesn't work for everyone and the side-effects can be unpleasant but I experienced nothing more than extremely vivid, pleasant dreams. I'm now 3 years smoke and alcohol free. Champion worked for me."

Rangerbird September 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Okay, so I started Champix, 2 weeks ago and I am still smoking. Very disappointing because I read how all the other people quit their quit day. I've gone from smoking a packet to between 2 - 4 Cigarettes per day. Mmmmm I suppose that is still good but not the desired effect that I actually wanted. :( The dreams are REAL!!! Sometimes I don't know whether to worry because of things in my sub conscience or if its just the tablets, I am starting to eat a lot and then I suffer from constipation. So unless Champix is still going to work its magic I have come to the conclusion that Champix is for people with a low level of will power tolerance. Does it make sense? I have a very high level of tolerance :("

Teasy (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 58 yr. old, have been smoking for 50 yr. smoked approx 30/day. I'm on day 12 of the starter pack, and down to approx 15/day. I am a hard core smoker! I'm trying everything to help myself quit. I NEED this Champix to work"

cccb September 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Hello everybody I have just started Champix 3 days ago and am experiencing very bad headaches can anyone remember if they had the same type of effects, I am not wanting to stop taking champix as its my third day and I have already cut back 50% on the smokes, it really is a wonder drug however I am worried this side effect will not stop. Please share your experience with me would be great to know if anybody else had the same problem."

nazos7680 September 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I unfortunately have had to stop taking Champix on day 26. The reason for this is the severe low feelings I experienced over the past 2 days. Prior to this I did quit on day 8, I experienced bloating, excessive wind (both ends), nausea,waking every 3 hours this was from day 2 onwards. The pharmacist suggested at my 2 week check in to keep going through the physical discomforts which I was ok with, but as my mood became depressed and I felt quite antsy about everything for no apparent reason I decided for me it's time to stop this drug. Good luck to everyone who is on it. It is certainly worth a try but be careful."

SM 1212 September 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Hi guys! Expert quitter from Dubai here, I basically quit every week! Just bought a pack and started the treatment, my stop date is 18th of September (A day before my dad's Bday! quitting would be the best gift) My pharmacist recommended I use an a detox treatment with it as well ( Bought an Acai Detoxan from Sensilab) Good Luck to all :)"

Sirsmokesalotttt September 5, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "i have smoked for more than 30years, tried to quit so many times, im an expert 'quitter' :) The longest time i stopped was 2 weeks. Anyway i was at a hospital and there was this quit smoking program. Decided hell i might as well get some help since i cant do it on my own. Patch did not help me at all. I thank my stars that Champix/Chantix came out on the market....its a wonder drug!! First day on 0.5mg i felt the difference immediately, craving has lessen considerably and i can actually taste food - the feeling was exhilarating ~ the first week...i have never felt that good for a long time!"

zichikato September 1, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This is a wonder drug!! I Went to doctors and asked for champix, for my 15 a day habbit for 16 years !! By Day 7 I had completely given up. That was 8 months ago and I haven't touched a cigarette since! I had bad dreams, the taste of the cigarette was just vile. I suffered awful acne (gone once tablets were finished) I sometimes felt a bit confused. But none of the side effects should stop anyone trying this drug. 9 months ago I sat here and thought I am never going to give up smoking, it's a huge part of my life but I did it "

Vicky8868 August 31, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Day 20 no smokes can't believe it. Have had most of the side effects but just keep on going and think they won't last forever. Been smoking over a packet of 30 a day for 40 years. JUST KEEP GOING"

Little monster August 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Took a full course 2 years ago. It was amazing. From 1 1/2 packs a day to not wanting one in 10 days. I had nausea after taking a pill (ususally about 15 mins.), crazy dreams every night (took me about a month to figure out which event in my life these dreams were about - they were all so similar but slightly different each night), incredible lethargy bordering on exhaustion (I'd get out of bed in the morning, having dreamt more than slept, go to the coffee pot in the kitchen and more or less collapse - head down on folded arms on the counter for 10 mins. with legs so weak I could barely stand), yelling matches with people who wanted early starts at work. Not a happy time, but I'd quit and it was all worth it. 3 months after the last pill"

Ric52 August 15, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on champix for 10 days now, my quit day was supposed to be on the 13th day but thankfully I don't want a ciggy, I wasn't holding out a lot of hope for this drug to work but so far so good, like a lot of others I have had the funny dreams and lethargy but not serious enough for me to stop taking them, can't wait to finish the course and be normal again but more importantly I can't wait to be a non smoker."

Spocko August 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking a pack a day for about 10 years, Champix helped me quit and stay quit. It is very effective and I highly recommend it."

Better Bet August 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I do not smoke but my friend of many years smoke her whole life and she finally tried that product of yours and it did work she's now quit smoking for nine months thanks"

Rocky768900 August 11, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "took champix for 8 weeks and was still smoking the odd one. Reduced to one tablet at bedtime for another week, then stopped smoking completly. Im still taking half a tablet , and have been for over a month, have no desire to ever go back. Have also stopped drinking wine, except for an odd glass with sunday lunch. Im not sure why I stopped wine, but I just went off it.Ill stay on the half tablet till the pack runs out, " another 3 weeks". My skin looks great and I have not felt this good since I was 20 lol. Oh smoking for 35 years up to 2 packs a day."

dollyk12345 August 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Works! Tried zyban prior to this but didn't find it effective. I picked a quit date as the medication recommended and gradually reduced smoking over 10 days while on champix. On my quit date I stopped completely and haven't had one since! Cravings still come and go but certainly not compared to a cold turkey craving. Just have to fill that spare time with something to take your mind off. The one thing about this medication is that after ingesting it, I feel quite sick after. It lasts for 10 mins or so then I'm fine. It's best to eat after food and with lots of water!"

Dr Nick (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This is a miracle drug! For the first time in 20 years, have not wanted to smoke."

Karenbearbr73 August 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoke free for a little over 3 weeks now after a pack a day habit for 40 years. I had tried everything but nothing seemed to work. I started Champix and it's worked. The first few days I smoked normaly and then I cut down to 2 cigarettes a day. I just couldn't smoke more my sense of smell was hightened and they tasted really bad. During week 3, I was so sick to my stomac one day people told me just never mind but, no way. My pharmacist recommend I cut the pill maybe the dose was too strong for me. Worked like a charm. I still think about cig. maybe 6 times a day but the cravings are not strong. I do something else and all of the sudden they are gone."

no more cigs July 28, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a packet a day smoker for 32 years, until a persistent cough noted by my GP sent me off for a chest xray. Diagnosis = COPD!! I commenced Champix with mixed feelings....I really did love my ciggies and could not imagine my life without them. I did not pick a stop day and on day 4 noted I had cut my packet a day to now lasting 2 days. I lite my last cigarette on the morning of day 10, took 3 draws and thought YUK!!! That was 2 weeks ago now and honestly the smell or even the thought of inhaling a cigarette makes me sick and literally feel my stomach doing tumble turns!!!! I still get the nausea lasting up to 2 hours even with food....but have rewarded myself with a piece of jewellery with money saved so far!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016