User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation 189 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Champix reviews 189 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "I found myself almost immediately repulsed by the taste of smoking after only 4 days taking Champix. Granted, there could be some uncomfortable side effects, but the end result is well worth it. I have no desire to smoke any longer."

Phil92 April 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I hope this will appeal to those considering taking Champix, more specifically those with doubts they will ever give up. I have been a smoker for the last ten years and I've tried giving up once which didn't even last 24 hours. I started Champix two weeks ago (currently on the last day of my 2nd week) and I continued to smoke on Champix for the first week and a half. Throughout this time I found the taste of smokes to be revolting and I would throw away half cigarettes which is unlike me. I thought the medication would work its magic and make me stop smoking, but no, that magic and the work had to come from me, so I set my quit date for the Thursday of my second week. I am now 4 days smoke free! It really works and helps!"

Lionelk April 9, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "This was the most amazing medication to ever try. I was told to take champix for 7 days before quitting, I was smoking two packs a day every single day I needed to quit, On day 3 I went from smoking 50 cigarettes a day to 10, day 4 I was smoking 5 smokes a day, by day 6 I was smoking 3 smokes a day and forcing myself to smoke as my doctor told me to continue smoking all the way up until day 7. It's been three years now and I haven't craved a single smoke, not even once. The doctor recommended taking champix for 6 months after quitting but I only took them for maybe a month and a half after quitting. It worked for me, it was a miracle, I never thought quitting could be so easy."

JessicaJo403 April 7, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking at 19 and moved on to vaping 2 years ago with the occasional cig/pack. Now I'm 24 and I started taking champix 17 days ago. I stopped vaping/smoking at day 12 and the first 3 days were tough but bearable. I expected work to be the hardest part, but really the worst is in the evening when I would ordinarily be sitting on my couch vaping. Now I have a constant headache whenever I spend a few hours being a lazy ass, which is fine. It can cause your brain to feel a little off It's not miracle drug, you're still going to have to quit, but it will help you. I've been 4 days and 2 hours nicotine free and I already feel like ceremoniously throwing my vape off a bridge. also, Watch what you eat and get some exercise."

cwid (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I was a heavy smoker for 33 years. I knew I couldn't give up without help, so I asked my Dr. for Champix prescription. I was really nervous after reading the side effects that could happen. Decided to try anyway. Stopped smoking on the 8th day. I have now been smoke free for 26 days. No serious side effects. This medication is amazing. I had tried so many times before but the cravings always got me. I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about quitting."

smellyally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 40 years, tried many times to quit over the years, had a light bulb moment early Feb, saw my GP on the 8th, last cigarette on 10th, no cravings, not been tempted, side affects minimal, found taking tablet with food works for me, also I only take the morning one since I started month two, still no cravings, will continue until the course is finished though, saving the money spent on cigarettes to take a cruise next year with my husband and friends, a reward that I hope will keep me focused"

AnnieNew March 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Used Champix for 3 weeks. No side effects other than vivid dreams, no issues, have stopped smoking now for over 8 years. Wish it was free when I used it."

RKU March 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "The pills can make you feel like shit but you won't want a ciggy! Cravings almost never happen , it's so strange. When I tried to quit on my own all I thought about was the next smoke. Now I'm like a butterfly! I'm a month in and I want to stop because today I took a while pill and I'm feeling like throwing up! And headaches! BUT the smell of cigg does nothing for me. My pharmacist wants me to continue in case I'm just being cocky. I'll start to take half a pill now on and see how that goes!"

Emmmmmmmmmmmmm March 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I was only 2 weeks on Champix, I was planning to go on more than a month but that all changed after day 9 when I exercised will power and quit smoking any small amount of cigs I still smoked. The first 3 days were the worst when it came to cravings but they were bearable compared to the cravings I had when I was trying to quit without Champix. Honestly, one of the best things I have came across. I only had minimal side effects such as nausea and headache and I felt extra tired so usually went to bed earlier but I did not mind any of those! I am so happy that I am now 9 days smoke free and barely get any cravings and even if I do they go away fairly quickly! I can finally say I am smoke free after 8 years of 20/30 cigarettes a day!"

Lana159 March 7, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I was a heavy smoker for 25 years and I tried to quit that habit many times before but I couldn’t, until two months back when I was walking in the mall and I thought why not to ask the pharmacist for an advice? So I did, and she advised me to use Champix, I wasn’t really convinced but I bought it to try it, I started using it while I was still smoking, and by the end of the first week the number of cigarettes reduced, I wanted to challenge the medicine and smoke but I couldn’t, I felt bad every time I lit a cigarette. It’s been 2 months now since I quit smoking, I can’t believe it! I am a non smoker?! I feel great, I am no longer worried about my health like before, I told my brothers and sisters about it and they all quit smoking too!!"

Yazzad February 23, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Started champix 1/2/17 my stop day was going to be 14/2/17 to give me max time before stopping but I managed to stop on 12/2/17 it's only been 5 days but could never imagine going 5 hours without a cigarette before champix some bad dreams and feeling nauseous sometimes but definitely manageable"

Robinio (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I was on Champix for my 19th day, when I decided tomorrow would finally be the day I'll stop!! Hid anything, that wouid remind me.. ashtrays, papers, filters, lighters... Difficult when your house is a half-way house for your sons homeless mates, all smokers!! (At least they can't hit me up ATM!!) Anyway, that brings me to 4 days of not smoking. About to go to bed, tomorrow will be my fifth.. I've never had any serious issues with Champix!! I've tried, and given up, twice before, things have just happened... I have always had the nightmares, which I love!! This time around, (I always eat with them) hours after taking it, I'll suddenly get a massive headache and full-on nausea, out of nowhere, at the exact same time!!"

Shazzbah February 12, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 17 years, was *determined* to quit, but they do say the mind is willing but the body is weak. I needed a little help and asked my GP for Champix. Currently 6 months without having had a cigarette, of which 4 months were completely craving free. I can be around people actually smoking and it doesn't phase me. No desire to pick it up again what so ever. The aim of the game: You have to really, really WANT to quit. Yes, it's scary, and yes you will wonder if you can do it. But deep down, if you really WANT to quit, these pills will see you through. And if you can: get an App that keeps track on how long you have been smoke free. I had 0 side effects. Miracle drug indeed."

30F_TheNetherlands February 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Beware of this drug!!!! My partner had the worst experience ever emotions all over the place angry, erratic and 100% not him. I was so worried I would get a call or he killed himself or in lockup worst time of our life! He couldn't even remember the things he was doing and would snap in and out of it"

kate beth February 8, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I am on my 12th tablet, gave up smoking on the 6th tablet, but I am suffering with side affects, tired, nausea, I ache all over and having terrible nightmares, my mouth is constantly dry and food doesn't have any taste to it However on the plus side, I don't want a fag and feel sick at the thought of one, I'm hoping to stay on the tablets as long as possible to kick this habit, but with two children to look after, it's hard! I'm going to only take one tablet a day from tomorrow and see if that helps"

Lou06 February 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 50 years. Last 20 years 2-3 packs a day and lots and lots of alcohol. I came to a mindset that I needed to stop. Took me a month and a half of champix everyday and I've knitted a scarf that would go around the world. Had a couple of very vivid dreams, not scary. Learned very quickly to eat a good balanced meal before taking champix, to keep nausea away. Drank lots of water and still do everyday. For the first time in over 3 decades I have a clear head, feel good and confident that I can make good decisions. Now I am at a stage of getting more motion into my days. I truly was amazed how stopping smoking and no drinking went hand in hand, and my healthy food choices all work and I feel GREAT."

hillybird (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2017

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 45yrs tried everything out there including hypnotism nothing worked . Tried Champix Nov15 2016 some weird dreams the first week a bit of nausea also a headache now and then. Happy to say I have not smoked after setting a date, within two weeks of starting pills slowly reduced to 2 or 3 cigs per day then quit, took 2x 0.5mg pills per day for the month of December then stopped. All good so far still once in a while get an urge, but one thing I read Or heard that I find helps get through the urge is, the need for a smoke lasts about 3 minutes on average so I find something to do, now Feb/1st smoke and Champix free. Good luck"

Scruffier February 1, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I LOVE smoking and had no intention of giving up, however being plagued by a terrible cough (at 4am in morning!) my doctor said it was time to give up. I had half-heartedly attempted quitting before and tried many things which just didn't work, so champix was the way forward. By day seven I was going off fags and couldn't face them by day ten! The only side effect for me is the tablets have made me physically sick twice and I've stopped taking my morning one as I can't bear the nausea. Also, it's still been HELL. My cravings have been severe and it's still taken a strong fight for me to continue, although I also believe the thought of how awful they tasted on champix stopped me from caving in! Day 21 and not had one puff!"

EB1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "So I have not started my pack. Just got it. But went through a lot of reviews and I can't wait to kick this nasty habit. Will update as time goes on."

Warrenjpetersengmail.com January 24, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started Champix on the 10 Jan 2017 didn't think it would work, by day ten I have stopped smoking. The first tablets made me feel very sick - it was better with food. I have not missed smoking. To everyone who wants to stop or if your finding it hard to quit - keep going you will do it."

Daisy 12 January 22, 2017

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I had my last cigarette on Xmas Eve and that was a week after I started Champix. This drug if fantastic, and would recommend it to people who really want to quit the habit. The side affects are nothing compared to kicking the habit. In Australia you can pay $41.00 for a packet of 50 cigs, I was smoking over 100 a week so you do the math and that is also incentive to quit. Also Champix is subsidised by the government."

Paulmac (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I went to the clinic 51 months ago to request help to stop smoking - I walked out with a packet of champix and weekly support. After 1 and half packets I went down to taking 1 tablet a day @ 14.00 hrs once I completed the 2 packets that was it - I was smoke free and "

Deb and Taz January 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "20/day smoker for 32 years. Never thought I would be a non smoker even for a day. Started Champix on 2nd Jan 2017 and set a quit date of 17 Jan 2017 (trying to maximize smoking time of course). The first day into taking the pills I could feel the difference. By the time I got to 8th and 9th Jan, cigerettes were tasting horrible. I forced myself to the 12th and could not smoke anymore. Smoked my last one at 9.20pm on 12 Jan, woke up the next morning, called my boss and said I wasn't coming in to work. Battled through two mornings of withdrawal symptoms mainly behavioral / habitual. Only once did I get nauseous and that was when I took Champix without food."

Quitter... (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "3rd attempt on Champix..quit for 2 1/2 years the first time, then started again! The drug works great, however you need put some effort. Day 8, I've cut back from 1/2 pack per day, to 1-2 cigs daily. My advice to you..if trying to quit on Champix, when you have a craving, distract yourself with something else, you'll find it passes quickly."

APERSA (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I tried this drug 2 times before. Each time I stopped smoking for a couple of months, however, I took up smoking again on both occasions. This last time I changed the way I thought and took the entire prescribed amount eacht day as directed. I didn't suffer nausea this time and I think it is because I ate a full meal and had a glass of water prior to having the medication. I also made a decision that I would never touch a cigarette again. I made sure I was around people who smoked during the first few months and anytime I craved in these situations I told myself I wasn't a smoker and it was disgusting. 12 months on I feel fantastic and I don't miss been a smoker at all!"

Jasmin33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2017