User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation 208 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Champix reviews 208 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Champix

For Smoking Cessation "I felt great on the tablets - alert, motivated, calm and centred from day 1. On day 4 when I went up to the double dose (2 tablets per day) I did experience quite bad nausea and tummy ache initially after taking a tablet but found I could get the same effect from taking just one tablet a day and making sure I had eaten first to stop the nausea. By day 8 I couldn't really be bothered to smoke any more and had given up completely by day 11. That was 5 months ago and I haven't touched a ciggie since. I did the 3 months on champix and miss how good they made me feel but have to say while I still miss smoking and enjoy the smell of other's cigarettes. I have no desire to smoke. I will say though that I occasionally vape. I smoked for 30 yrs."

Shellpea September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Well , how do I start ? Ive been taking champix now for nearly 8 weeks , up until now I've felt great! Stopped smoking , a lot more energy etc until recently I keep having weird thoughts re evaluating my life , feeling paranoid , feeling depressed, crying for no reason , can't stop thinking , can't switch my brain off from thinking to even watch TV. I actually feel so low. I have never felt like this in my life and speaking to a family member its the champix! I've stopped taking them I've got a doctors appointment on Monday I actually feel like I need to be sectioned seriously guys think twice before taking these yes they stop you from smoking, but wow the side effects are dangerous!!"

Staceyb123 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I'm now on week 7 of my champix I've stopped for over 5 weeks now I've felt good up until this week where I have been agitated nausea and headaches. I'm going to cut down to one tablet a day as its after I take my night tablet I get these symptoms. I'm thrilled I'm now a non smoker and the champix has definitely helped but I think a lot is down to cutting out habits changing your daily routine which I have done. Good luck to everyone if I can do it anyone can."

Jeant (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for about 35 years so when I say if I can do it anyone can quit.I never did drugs and I don't drink but smoking was my drug, I was addicted plain and simple when you get to the point that you don't enjoy it but your addicted then I think your ready to quit. I tried everything I did try Champix about 6 years ago it didn't work weird dreams etc. I tried the patch I tried cold turkey (Yea right) I tried lazer therapy (sucked) I knew I had to quit I had 2 heart attacks by the age of 50 and I'm a diabetic which I found out when I had my first heart.I finally did Champix again but I took first in morning and again at noon so it wore off by bedtime I picked my quitdate very important and I took it one day at a time and worked."

D A MOMBO August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "So I thought it be a good idea to try and quit again FOREVER this time I said.. how hopeless I felt at it.. I injured my ribs just jumping on a trampoline but it felt and I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to the ER . This was such a scare for me to smarten up. Since u have a young daughter that needs me To be HEALTHY. I've been on the 1mg dose of Champix for a week now and it's been a breeze more than not. Except TODAY. But I didn't even touch a cigarette. Only thing is I took one dose right before bedtime one day and boy oh boy did I ever have an sleepwalking episode chasing a deer around my room ,and my cat bit me. Didn't happen again when I took second dose at 4pm! take with a meal and full glass of H20 avoid nausea"

Louleeloulee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Champix worked like a damn!! I was three packs a day. Moderate COPD! Tried many many times to quit; tried gum - made me sick; tried patches - kept me awake and made me nauseous. It took three pkgs but Champix finally worked!! (spelled champTix in US) BUT; and I'm telling everybody this; the worst side effect is nausea and it was fairly bad. SOLUTION; buy a packet of gravol (or its generic copy) and take the champix tab WITH a gravol. It ended my nausea and I had no other side effects. My biggest thanks to all those fine folks who developed this drug. It worked really really well for me. Good luck, Jack in Vancouver."

Jax. (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I was a heavy smoker for over 30 years, my partner and I used Champix and have not had a smoke for over 5 months. To be honest.... champix made it easy. Sure we still have the odd craving, but champix made it possible to get this far."

Jay1111 August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I would not recommend this drug,I am on day10 and have been up all night with chronic indigestion,I also have a blustery itchy rash on various parts of my body.The tablets are going in the bin !!!!"

Smiffy7666 (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Have smoked for nearly fifty years!!! Stopped a year ago and used nicotine replacement gum. Only smoked 20 cigs over a weekend. Who do think I was kidding?!!! Now on Champix only and no problems. (Nightmares are so interesting). Read a book where they said "one smokes, not really for pleasure, but to stop the craving" That is so true that it made me realize that it was not the smoking that is the problem with me, but the craving. So am so happy to have found Champix to take away the craving and "Hey Presto" problem solved. Thanks Champix"

Nauseo (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Firstly, a solemn thank you to all the gorgeous & truthful people that have been baring the soulful experiences on this site. I have read so much rubbish written by non or part time smokers about this product after pinging "champix" on google. It actua─║ly made me cranky enough to write this post. Many of you would have had the same experience in the past when researching the token words on google I am sure! Secondly, I am just about to start the road to non-smoking journey.......again. I fèel now is the time. Just like all other attempts I have made over the course of my life, I am bloody nervous to give up on "my old mate" who has stuck by me though a miriad of lifes trails and tribulations of 27 years with a pack in my pocket. Cheers guys"

Jimmyjobdone (taken for less than 1 month) August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "This medication works but not for everyone. I took this medication and had been smoke free for 9 weeks. I stopped taking it because I was no longer myself. I had terrible nightmares and my mental state was altered and still is 4 years after stopping the medication. I do not recommend this medication if you have any mental health issues, depression, anxiety...etc."

Joel3low July 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I read the reviews on Champix and thought maybe my experience maybe helpful to someone. I stopped smoking for 2 months cold turkey and experienced nearly every side effect listed by people as being caused by Champix. Could these be possibly caused by nicotine withdrawal ?? And not the drug?? Cold turkey, l suffered anxiety, low mood, felt like time was standing still, difficulty concentrating, headaches, irritability, insomnia, vivid dreams that actually seemed real, restless legs, gastric disturbances and tingling of my hands and feet and cravings. I found lots of water and making myself exercise helped. Starting Champix today and nicotine patches as recommended by my Dr."

Donsi July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I marked down 2 weeks to quit day on my calendar and then smoked as usual. I decided that when I smoked, I would not talk on the phone, read, drink coffee, etc. JUST SMOKE! After 1 week the drugs kicked in and I began smoking less and less. Went from 20/day to 3/day by the end of week 2. Once I Quit, there would be no association thus making the transition to non smoker much easier. Hope this idea helps others. Good Luck everyone!! UPDATE: Day 9 smoke free. It's been a bit too easy. I keep thinking that I should want a smoke but I really don't. Impressive!"

Stogy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Hi, I started the Champix 15 days ago. The first week I smoked as usual but decreased down from 20 to 10 cigs a day. The second week on the increased dosage was horrible, really bad headaches and the the mid day fatigue was crippling. Spend the afternoon having to lay down. Tried the 1 mg for three days and the side effects did not improve. I went back to the lower dosage and feeling better. Issue is I am past my quit day but down to 5 cigs a day. Don't know what to do next, can't go back to the higher dosage and having the cravings. How long is it safe to take the Champix and to continue to smoke? Can I try to take a NRT in form of a lozenge with the Champix?"

Pedejo July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Fantastic tablets! First week I was still smoking as normal, I didn't feel any different so part of me thought the tablets weren't going to work. I set my quit date as day 10. Started day 8 on the higher dose and that's when I really noticed a difference. Days 8 and 9 I stopped enjoying smoking, and I kept stubbing them out halfway.. even when drinking which is when I usually chain smoke. I'm now 7 days smoke free, no cravings at all since day 9! I only take the morning tablet on the high dose because the evening one makes me feel extremely sick for some reason, but the morning one alone is working wonders. I don't even crave when sat around smokers anymore! I can't believe this stuff works! Bit of nausea, no vivid dreams. Worth it!!!"

SmokeFreeSoph July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "After 40 years of smoking - the last 10 at 3 packs a day - I finally tried Champix. After patches, gum, spray, lozenges all didn't work, I experienced very strong withdrawal symptoms with all three. I got a Rx and began taking them. After about 3 - 4 days I started to feel quite sick to my stomach. I read the info about side effects and there it was: nausea is the first and most common side effect. My doc recommended an anti nausea pill commonly called Gravol and after taking both, the nausea disappeared. What's very important to know about Champix is that it removes the withdrawal symptoms. Completely! Try it, it sure worked for me and I hope it works for you. Cheers and good luck!"

VancouverJack June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Fantastic product. Went from 30+ a day to 5 years smoke free after trying for more than 20 years to quit. The only side effect was slight nausea which only lasted a short time. I suffer with depression and anxiety so was very cautious with Champix but I found no adverse reactions regarding my mental health The instructions were clear, and easy to follow. I didn't need the whole 12 week course but I put that down to its effectiveness. Would definitely recommend this."

Dianesuk (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I am 40 years old, I used to be a chain smoker approx (70-80 Cig/day) for about 23 years continuously, I was skeptical at the beginning, I though that nothing in the whole world would make me stop smoking, actually I was convincing myself that I love smoking ! It started that one of my friends who was a heavy smoker also and stopped smoking using Champix, somehow he convinced me to give it a shot, 1st week I continued smoking normally, I felt no changes almost but I was pre-informed that the 1st week is just a buffer zone, 2nd week once started the full dose (1 mg twice) I started feeling bad taste of the cigarette and it is not giving the usual pleasure used to give, therefore I decided or actually I found myself obliged to reduce the amount of cigarettes I smaoked."

Hany Sabry June 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I never review products on line when I purchase them, but if this review can help someone quit smoking, I am more then happy to review this product. What Champix does is let you keep smoking for a week or so while taking the pills, but by the end of the first week, you don't even feel like smoking. I have smoked over a pack per day for just over 40 years, I have tried every trick I know for quitting during that time. I have not had a cigarette in 72 days. The pill takes care of the cravings for smoking, but not the mental urge to light up. At first that is a bit hard, but the urges get less frequent and come less often over time, toothpicks help. If you are trying to quit, your answer is with this product."

Georgeoro May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I found myself almost immediately repulsed by the taste of smoking after only 4 days taking Champix. Granted, there could be some uncomfortable side effects, but the end result is well worth it. I have no desire to smoke any longer."

Phil92 April 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I hope this will appeal to those considering taking Champix, more specifically those with doubts they will ever give up. I have been a smoker for the last ten years and I've tried giving up once which didn't even last 24 hours. I started Champix two weeks ago (currently on the last day of my 2nd week) and I continued to smoke on Champix for the first week and a half. Throughout this time I found the taste of smokes to be revolting and I would throw away half cigarettes which is unlike me. I thought the medication would work its magic and make me stop smoking, but no, that magic and the work had to come from me, so I set my quit date for the Thursday of my second week. I am now 4 days smoke free! It really works and helps!"

Lionelk April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "This was the most amazing medication to ever try. I was told to take champix for 7 days before quitting, I was smoking two packs a day every single day I needed to quit, On day 3 I went from smoking 50 cigarettes a day to 10, day 4 I was smoking 5 smokes a day, by day 6 I was smoking 3 smokes a day and forcing myself to smoke as my doctor told me to continue smoking all the way up until day 7. It's been three years now and I haven't craved a single smoke, not even once. The doctor recommended taking champix for 6 months after quitting but I only took them for maybe a month and a half after quitting. It worked for me, it was a miracle, I never thought quitting could be so easy."

JessicaJo403 April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking at 19 and moved on to vaping 2 years ago with the occasional cig/pack. Now I'm 24 and I started taking champix 17 days ago. I stopped vaping/smoking at day 12 and the first 3 days were tough but bearable. I expected work to be the hardest part, but really the worst is in the evening when I would ordinarily be sitting on my couch vaping. Now I have a constant headache whenever I spend a few hours being a lazy ass, which is fine. It can cause your brain to feel a little off It's not miracle drug, you're still going to have to quit, but it will help you. I've been 4 days and 2 hours nicotine free and I already feel like ceremoniously throwing my vape off a bridge. also, Watch what you eat and get some exercise."

cwid (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I was a heavy smoker for 33 years. I knew I couldn't give up without help, so I asked my Dr. for Champix prescription. I was really nervous after reading the side effects that could happen. Decided to try anyway. Stopped smoking on the 8th day. I have now been smoke free for 26 days. No serious side effects. This medication is amazing. I had tried so many times before but the cravings always got me. I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about quitting."

smellyally (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 40 years, tried many times to quit over the years, had a light bulb moment early Feb, saw my GP on the 8th, last cigarette on 10th, no cravings, not been tempted, side affects minimal, found taking tablet with food works for me, also I only take the morning one since I started month two, still no cravings, will continue until the course is finished though, saving the money spent on cigarettes to take a cruise next year with my husband and friends, a reward that I hope will keep me focused"

AnnieNew March 27, 2017