User Reviews for Champix

Smoking Cessation 8.6

Reviews for Champix

DH26 · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been taking Champix for 10 days now but started again on the same pack so I started at a higher dosage and yes I feel absolutely awful in the morning but after 15 min it goes away and I DO NOT have any feeling or desire to smoke. A champix pack in Australia without aid is $44 for me. In comparison to the almost pack a day of cigarettes at $37, you can see that the spend is not too much to ask haha. I think I will be ok, and as I'm in lockdown due to COVID-19, I don't go to my office, so I don't see my smoker friends which is helping. Hasn't affected my sleep, no terrible thoughts but as others have mentioned, has been a while since I went to the bathroom but I'm drinking more water so it should be fine.”

Feebee · Taken for less than 1 month July 19, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been a smoker for 30 odd years about 12 a day. I have had multiple attempts at quitting over the years but always started up again. I know a few people that had quit for good using Champix so thought I would try it. Well all I can say is WOW!! I am on day 23 taking Champix and have not wanted to smoke since day 10. During the first week I noticed that I could only smoke half a cigarette and only smoking about 5 a day. Then on day 10 I woke up not even wanting to smoke. Feels like a miracle. I am finally free and know that it will be life long. The only side effect for me, was a bit of nausea but found that taking it straight after brekky and dinner worked well. Give it a go and good luck ”

Bristol · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Hi everyone I have smoked on and off for 10 years, I must say that I have completely tried almost everything, so one day I searched the net to see if there's a tablet for stop smoking, and wow I came across this champix. So I researched it, then went online doctor for a assessment, which I payed £35.00 for the starter pack, I took for 7 days and that was it, no more smoking, now back to my gyming. Honestly really is a bad habit and it's powerful, and those who do not smoke wouldn't understand how hard it is . I work for the NHS. Thanks for reading.”

Clint · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Hey, update on the smoking medication: The first week there were hardly any side effects, the only one that really stuck out was feeling a little down, I noticed that I doubt myself and my relationships more often and it sorta amplifies my main insecurities a bit. Second week so far, today was my first cigarette free day, in the instructions it says to stop smoking completely between day 8 and 13 of the medication I think, I am now starting to notice a bit of constipation. That's all so far, oh and the cravings while on the medication are bearable, they are still there but if you have at least a little bit of willpower you should be able to manage. I just remind myself that I really need to stop after smoking for 6 years and remind myself that I will be much better off quitting now”

Wacko · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “2 weeks into taking champix tablets and for 3 or 4 consecutive days I've been having non stop suicidal thoughts I do not recommend. I've stopped taking them hopefully I bounce back in a few days.”

SNARF · Taken for less than 1 month June 7, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Smoked a pack cigarettes a day for 20 years. At the end of week 4 on Champix. Still have a slight craving for cigarettes, but can deal with it. Side effects included slight nausea soon after taking the pill in the morning accompanied with a light headache occasionally, but not at night. Struggled to sleep in the beginning, but now I sleep well now (maybe to well). It is definitely worth a try and worked so for where everything else I have tried failed.”

Buddy · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “So I started taking champix in early March smoking a minimum of 12-15 cigarettes per day. Almost immediately it started to reduce the amount I smoked . Within a couple of weeks I was down to 4-6 cigarettes a day few weeks later I was down to 2-3 a day and could not stand to smoke the whole thing. By week 6 I didn’t rally need it anymore I had no cravings. Only side effect was nausea which went away completely after no longer ingesting nicotine”

Bang · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been on Champix for 8 weeks now. I have not stopped smoking, but I have reduced my nicotine use from 20 cigarettes a day to 10 with no cravings or withdrawal symptoms. I have endogenous depression so doctors did not want to prescribe it to me. I feel much less depressed on Champix, I feel happy. Not 'high' happy, but much better than I do on some anti depressants. I probably won't stop smoking, but I will ask to continue using Champix for another 3 month period, because its the best holiday I've had from depression my entire life.”

Alida February 29, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I only completed the starter pack, so 4 weeks of champix. Been smoke free for a month. Champix works but my side affects included vivid dreams , irritation to annoying people, and some cloudy thinking. Still worth it I feel great now, deep breathing gets me through any urges and just feels good to be able to take deep breaths without coughing. Good luck everyone, you've got this.”

Kerry · Taken for less than 1 month February 26, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Not only given up smoking in the last 14 days, but also feel sick at the thought of any animal product usually eat steak and omelettes now spent a fortune on Vegan food”

Fish · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I smoked for 40 years & had never really tried to stop, but as I was getting older & becoming more health conscious I thought I really need to try & give up the cigarettes. I started with the champix, set my date & off I went, almost 6 years later I am a non smoker & even detest the smell of it. I had no side effects what so ever, I love not being a slave to smoking anymore.”

Steve north west uk February 21, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I stopped smoking after only about 12 days on champix. The only problem was as soon as a doubled the dose As instructed i developed heart arthymia, chest pains, a pain attack leaving me in hospital, and now 6 weeks on I'm paying 1000 for urgent private cardiac assessments to try and save my job, my house, my llife. Finally, symptoms seem to be subsiding a little after 6-7 weeks. Be v v careful people. My advice is stick to half dose ie one in morning, one at night.”

Fletch77 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 18, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Now then, I was taking champix for 5 months and totally smoke free and I'm glad to say I've not smoked for a further two months without the drug and feel great. The thought of smoking again is not an option plus I've got a jar of money totalling nearly £3.5k... makes you think.”

Riz00 February 11, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Day 8 on Champix. I've smoked for 22 years. For the past year now my smoking has increased from smoking all the years 6-7 per day to double the amount. Side affects: slight nausea after taking pill last around 5-10min.I don't eat breakfast so I just take it with a large glass of water. Bad Constipation, bloating, takes me ages to fall asleep at night and wake up constantly. No bad dreams. I'm eating more and feel hungry all the time. I'm now at the point where I don't go out first thing upon waking in the morning with my coffee to smoke. I love my red wine and I have found that I don't even feel like having wine or drinking since a couple days ago! I can only really smoke half a cig then I have to stub it out. Champix works by slowly reducing my crave to smoke. Each day especially since starting the 1mg twice daily I'm not thinking of smoking and today I only had 3 which is already a big achievement for me. The best thing I've done for myself and my family.”

Krissie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 7, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “After numerous unsuccessful attempts to give up smoking over 35+ years I have finally managed to stop smoking and also not want to start again! Champix worked for me, no side effects while taking it but I did get a weird reaction when I stopped taking it. Almost like an allergic reaction, not weight gain just puffy and up two sizes. Hoping this goes away soon, of course it could be changes to metabolism due to not smoking, maybe. Still glad I did this!”

Mfmegahed · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 4, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I am on day number 33 and I quit smoking 21 day ago, first 2 weeks of the medicine will be a little bit hard due to the side effects, and after then it will be better regarding to nausea, bad mood and the crazy dreams. I hope not to back to smoking after finishing the whole dose”

KIETH · Taken for less than 1 month January 27, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “I have been smoking for 50 years .15-20 a day now I'm 70 I decided to quite. On Champix for 3 weeks and I'm down to 2 a day for the last week. WOW!! As I live in Australia ( The most expensive country in the world for ciggys its eating into my pension. It is $25 per a pack of 20 !! Now I keep a big jar and put in the amount of money I would have spent on ciggys and see it grow. I'll be able to go on holiday after 1 year. Side effects include colorful dreams and slight nausea. No interest in the taste just the habit of having a beer and a ciggy. No more standing outside a pub in the rain feeling like a leper.”

Jen January 13, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Hi I smoke for 35 years 40 a day tryed patches for 3 months went back smoking tryed vaping went back smoking so I thought I would try champix I stopped smoking one day before my stop date I did feel nauseous but fought my way though. The dreams are not bad some of mine were funny ”

Mrs d January 9, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “Been on Champix 12 days now and not smoked for 9 days, since taking the two a day I have had a feeling of nausea in the mornings, that lasts for about and hour and easily managed by sipping water! I have zero cravings or desire to smoke I cannot believe how quickly this has worked for me, I have more vivid dreams but not nightmares. It has been brilliant for me, although I only smoked 8 a day I have tried countless times to quit cold turkey and it has never worked! So far so good I have no intention to return to the cigarettes!”

Linnie · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 8, 2020

For Smoking Cessation: “After 40 years of smoking, and numerous attempts to quit using all different patches gum etc. I even paid a fortune for Hypnosis but no good. I read about Champix and was keen to try it. Within 3 months I was a non smoker. I had read that there were some side effects but I had none whatsoever. With champix I had virtually no cravings , Sometimes I still felt that something was missing (that would have been the stinky fag in my hand) but that was just habit and that was the easiest bit to change. 8 years later and I still cannot believe how easily I found it. Thank you Champix and whoever invented you X”

MotowayM December 24, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Prescribed by my doctor. Took champix for 3 weeks. Please go online and read stories of suicide, violence, aggression, mood swings and amnesia. The last day I took Champix I woke in a police cell the next morning not knowing why I was there (total amnesia). Over a nine hour period I had became violent and abusive and even took to driving my car. Champix should be banned. Before you use Champix please do your own research. The web is full people and their stories of how this drug has ruined lives and people’s mental health”

Dee · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Quit day was yesterday .. day 16 on champix. Side effects of nausea and vivid dreams have been a struggle but weighed up with how I have sailed the last 2 days It’s worth it. With willpower mixed and support of physician I recommend champix if you truly want to stop . Early days but 35 years of 20 a day I knew my addiction had to be helped.”

George 50 · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Absolutely brilliant I’m now on week 12 without a cigarette I stopped taking champix after week 3 dreams a bit weird felt a little bit sick and in first 2 weeks so tired but all worth it will never smoke again I highly recommend champix it works”

CigarJunky · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “I'm on day 10. I have not quit and have not really noticed much of a change in my cravings yet but I wanted to take a second a reassure those worried about the side effects. I felt a little dizzy for the first few days about 2 hours after taking the morning pill but I realized if I waited until mid morning instead of first thing that made a huge difference. I have not had any other issues like crazy dreams however I am regularly a very active dreamer so maybe vivid dreams are just the norm for me. I have been cutting back on the amount of cigarillos I smoke per day from 8 to about 4 or 5 but I'm not sure that is from the medication but more my will to quit. Fingers crossed it starts to kick it up soon.”

Dingo November 16, 2019

For Smoking Cessation: “Have tried to give up smoking in the past with other methods always returned to the fags. However, had a health issue that basically said give up or that will be your life over so had to give champix a go. My husband also is trying to give up in support of me. I smoked for 40 + years so a big habit to quit. I have found the champix a challenge to be honest, its the nausea and fatigue but also I have started a shed load of other medication too, so could be these as well. My husband has no side effects at all now, he had a bit of restlessness at night, I have sleepless nights but dreams have stopped, we are both on day 28. I haven't smoked for 14 days, my husband has had one roll up a day for 14 days but I still think this is amazing. Reading tips on this forum I will try to take morning tablet with milk and evening one after dinner to see if this helps reduce nausea. I will continue taking the champix as although I crave a cigarette and feel a bit flat this is the best its ever been without nicotine.”