User Reviews for Valacyclovir to treat Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host

Also known as: Valtrex

Valacyclovir Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 4 medications used in the treatment of Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host.

Reviews for Valacyclovir

Buster420 · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2019

Valtrex (valacyclovir): “HSV type 1. Amazing product. I woke up this morning to a small cold sore took two 1 gram Valtrex and also happen to have acyclovir ointment just in case. Just 6 hours later the fluid blister has already gone in beginning to heal. I can't stress enough how important it is to take product right away. I also felt a tingle a few days ago and also took Valtrex then but no cold sore developed until today so I took two more Valtrex and have to take two more at 6 p.m. . But amazes me barely even a cold sore and 6 hours dried up. Well worth it to have some of that zovirax acyclovir ointment on hand as well.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2018

“After taking this for almost 3 years the side effects were hard to notice at first. Head aches was just one slight effect. My tendons in my feet ruptured? That's a strange effect. It isn't listed as even a chance on any side effects. Kidney issues, well what does that do. Effects minerals and bones in your body. After 6 months of messing around on crutches and tons of weird effects, finally figured out the problems is valtrex! Don't underestimate the damage on your kidneys from taking this drug.”

Many yrs January 4, 2018

“Please note that not all generic Valcyclovir are created equal. I have taken brand Valtrex 1000 mg/day for several years. My insurance switched and they will now only cover generic/ValAcyclovir. I tried Milan, Sandoz, Aurobindo and Tera pharmaceutical and had no luck. I finally read a blog where a consumer mentioned that Northstar Pharmaceutical of Valcyclovir was the only one that worked. I tried it and it did work much better than the other manufacturers. Still not as well as brand Valtrex.”

Alice glider April 27, 2017

“We have had the worse run in our house, our 15months old twins have HSV1 in there mouth!! They were so sick, I caught it off them! Being there mum I would have to apply gel in there mouth, so I did so as normal and then with out thinking I have had to race to the bathroom to use the loo and forgot to wash my hands, now as a result of that I have given myself genital herpes and boy am I mad!! This is the most disgusting thing and painful thing that has ever happened to me! Now hubby and I are worried hubby's going to catch it off me! I'm just guttered by this!! Docs given me some valacyclovir to use but we are 2 days in and my mouth and down stairs areas are still only getting worse! I'm praying things are going to get better really soon!”

Jennifer g. December 24, 2014

Valtrex (valacyclovir): “I recently went to the doctor after seeing a small bump on my vagina. I was so freaked out because it hurt and burned when I used the restroom. I was so nervous going in and embarrassed. I looked online and thought the worst. As soon as my doctor seen it she said it was herpes. I thought it was the end of the world I fainted and thought I was going to die. But she explained that about 85 percent of people have it. There are two types. Type 1 and 2. Type 1 being from the waist and above. And type 2 being anything below the waist. Herpes can be treated and it's not HIV or aids so don't freak out.”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 12, 2012

Valtrex (valacyclovir): “This works great, if I catch it in time (I am usually able too) there are no visible symptoms. If I am little late (rarely) outbreaks are small and brief.”

fortaport November 1, 2010

Valtrex (valacyclovir): “I pop one of these, "Valtrex" 1grm and not long after I notice a change in my cold sores. AND I GET THEM BAD. ....so bad that I can't eat things like chips, salty things, candy, etc. It's miserable. If Valtrex didn't exist, I would be in quite a lot of pain and discomfort. I carry extras in my locker at work in case an outbreak hits again.”

Anonymous June 7, 2009

Valtrex (valacyclovir): “Very expensive though.”