User Reviews for Famvir

Herpes Simplex, Muco...nocompetent Host 2 reviews 2 medications

7.7
Summary of Famvir reviews 13 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Famvir

For Herpes Zoster "I had a breakout of shingles on my abdomen. Took this medicine and the pain and itching went away within a couple of days. I would recommend this to anyone that has Shingles."

R0n January 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "I've gotten cold sores since I was a little kid. I'm now 19 and they're ruining my life. They caused me so much anxiety until I got prescribed this medication. I usually catch the cold sore when it is red and itchy because they often come when I'm asleep. I take the three tablets (costs me around $10 so very affordable) and during the day the cold sore continues to swell and throb as though the medication hasn't done anything. By the next day though I wake up to a dry red patch instead of the usual huge blistering process. This medication means the cold sore lasts maybe 3-4 days but is so much more manageable as it never processes through the disgusting stages. I always have a packet on me."

Sally1674 September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "Went to dermatologist 3 days after first sign was only using Abreva with no results. He suggested 1500mg Famvir now, and gave me 3 more to take at the first sign of additional outbreak in the future. Within one day the swelling had gone away and the blister was starting to clear up. I have used other treatments but nowhere as fast and effective as this product."

Happy camper July 16, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "I've started medication June 24, 2011 of two 500mg tabs a day and I still have had 6 outbreaks in less than four months. Yes, healing time is faster but I would like to have less outbreaks like 1 to none a year."

miserable131313 October 6, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "Causes major headaches for me."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "Had cold sores since I was in primary school and am now 18. Take a dosage of 1500mg of Famvir in one dose. Works great for me and stops the virus, leaving only a red mark for about 3 days. Side effects: tiredness, nothing serious though."

will18 August 11, 2010

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host "Stopped a lip breakout within an hour. I had gastric stasis from a migraine and I did not get nauseated from this medication."

bonsense September 17, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression "I took Famvir for cold sores ... it is effective and worked fast. "

Anonymous March 8, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "It worked great for me. 1500mg in one shot, the swelling was almost gone the same day and it healed quickly. What a relief? That was 10 days ago."

Anonymous January 11, 2009

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host "I have been taken Famvir for a year. I had multiple outbreaks in the past, but I take Famvir daily and I have only had 2 mild outbreaks within a year. It really helps not having the pain and depression with outbreaks. It is a great medication and made my life better."

sarasotamel September 25, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression "Famvir works the best. I have a lot less breakouts, and when one is coming on I take it and it is gone within a day. I don't have any side effects like I did with the others (headaches and breakouts). It is worth the money."

Anonymous July 22, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Herpes Zoster "Helped very bad shingles outbreak in about 3 days."

Daisy May June 1, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cold Sores "I have suffered from embarrissing cold sores for years. My doctor told me about a single day dose of Famvir (1500mg). He wrote me a script so that I have them on hand when I feel an outbreak coming. I soon as I feel the outbreak, I initiate the therapy and the cold sore does nothing more than get a little red for a day or so. No more full blow outbreaks, this has been wonderful."

Anonymous March 14, 2008