User Reviews for Valacyclovir systemic

Ramsay Hunt Syndrome

1 review 10 medications
Summary of Valacyclovir reviews 8.9 351 reviews

Reviews for Valacyclovir

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "This medication works. I was taking it episodically and it would clear everything up in a few days. I’m now taking it as a suppressive therapy and hope it works. Weirdly, Vicks vaporub helped with outbreaks. Sounds painful but compared to the pain of outbreaks, it was a relief and dried them up very fast. If you find valacyclovir expensive, shop around and look for vouchers."

blovely (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2019

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "In 2006 after taking seven Valtrex pills 1000mg each, I didn’t have a outbreak until 2018. Now in 2018 I’ve taken 24 Valtrex pills and have continuous outbreaks. What changed? Did the Valtrex medicine change to ensure dependency? Devestated."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Zoster: "Be aware I am anti big pharma on numerous levels. I fought using any kind of pharmaceutical for decades. I have chronic shingles that keeps occurring on my left back hip. A pinched nerve triggers when sitting for very long. I hate to say it, but Valtrex saved me. Taking one 500 mg about once every 3 days, and have not been plagued with any shingles since taking it 6 mos ago. It also seemed to relieve about 50% of the pain associated with the outbreak area. Not sure what the connection is. I also have genital herpes that pops up every couple of months (before taking Valtrex). Nothing has appeared in over 6 mos. This drug has been a godsend (okay, I'll give the manufacturer a high five for this one, as much as I hate to say it)."

Better World (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 3, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Started the 1000 mg twice daily for ten days. Within the first day in, felt dizzy, headache, body aches, stuffy nose, cough, etc. I took the day off work and called the doc."

Na (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I have been getting cold sores ever since I could remember. I have tried everything! Carmex, abreva, tea tree oil, and other over the counter cold sore medications with minimal luck. I even used acyclovir, which I thought was the best thing out there until I got valalcyclovir. I felt a raging bump on my upper lip 2 days ago and took 2g about 4hrs after I felt it. After 12hrs, the bump increased in size and I was absolutely devastated, but took another 2g. After 12hrs the bump looked like it is about to burst, but it didn’t, in fact, it shrunk. Took another 2g and after 4hrs the thing is almost gone. There is no crusting, no oozing, just a small/dry/red slightly scaly base. I am not on suppressive therapy, so I take this as soon as I feel the bump coming on. I take 2 grams every 12 hrs and it has been a life savior."

Jess P November 14, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Since I started on a half a tablet a day dose of valtrex I've seen a 100% improvement in my outbreaks. I had had extremely painful out breaks many time through out last year, about 5-6. I was terribly reluctant to go on any kind of medication for my symptoms as I always try to treat my self naturally I tried ever herbal remedy including rubbing organic garlic on my blisters which stung like hell but did help a little. Valtrex completely kept them away and for the first time almost 12 months I regained the confidence to start dating again and even share my condition with my date. I was finally living my life again without the thought in the back of my mind. Until this week when my 3 months prescription ran out. Today I am due for an appointment to see if I can get more. But 5 days after finishing my last dose I already have one dreaded blister back reminding me of how I suffered."

Anon (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 7, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I’ve never left a review for any medication before but I had to for this drug. It is a LIFE SAVER! I started getting cold sores in my late 20’s, about twice a year. I finally asked my doctor for a prescription and it’s amazing. I woke up at 5am from the dreaded tingle and there was already a small bump on my lip. Took 2g (made me feel a little sick but worth it). Throughout the day the bump did get a little bigger and had a couple tiny bubbles forming . Took the 2nd dose of 2g at 5pm and when I woke up the next morning everything had gone WAY down and it keeps going down. You can’t even tell I have a cold sore if I wear a little tinted lip balm. It seems like the Valtrex just caused it to shrink back up and go away! I’m so thankful for this drug!"

soreluck October 18, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I took 500 MG Valtrex daily for almost a year while I had insurance back in 2005. I've had herpes since 1980 and I'm almost 59 now...I experienced outbreaks almost monthly for most of my adult life, and often several of them. Right after I got my last tattoo I got FIVE at once. In any case, during the entire time I was taking Valtrex, I experienced ZERO lesions. I finally have insurance again and I asked my doctor for a prescription, which she gave me, but is only to shorten episodes. I really want the daily doses so I can maybe even think about having a relationship with someone. In my book Valtrex is a miracle drug."

Sugar (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 24, 2018

For Cold Sores: "Sad to say I thought this would work since many people claim its life saving. Took the 2 pills 2 x a day 1g each and it only made it worse. Even tried acyclavoir 400 mg and nothing helps. It has only gotten bigger and more fluid filled bumps visible. Also I never get it on my right lip only left side and after taking acyclavoir I got my first right side sore."

okay24i (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I've been getting cold sores ever since I was little and tried literally everything! Recently my doctor prescribed me valacyclovir and WOW! it's a life saver! As soon as I feel just a little bump forming I take 2 pills and it completely goes away as if I was never about to get one!"

Anonymous August 24, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Absolutely brilliant drug, tried everything calm this horrible disease over the last 6yrs. Started taking valtrex for last few months and feel amazing again, all the tingling and outbreaks have gone."

Jay75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

For Cold Sores: "So I was prescribed this medication to take everyday for cold sores on lip. Although I only take it when I feel I might have a sore coming. I probably take one pill a week. This stuff works incredibly well, only had one small break out since taking it (been over a year)."

MM (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 22, 2018

For Herpes Zoster: "I'm sure this medication works but I felt depressed shortly after taking it. Experienced periods of eerie confusion. Rapid heart beat. Anxiety. Felt like my throat was swelling up so I ran outside, phone in hand to take a walk and felt much better. Yeah, I won't be taking this one anymore... I am 29 years old, Shingles hit me out of nowhere!!"

Steven August 19, 2018

For Cold Sores: "Best medicine at first tingle or before I go to a dentist I'll take two 12 hours apart and most of the time I won't even get a cold sore if I catch it in time."

Buster72 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I’ve gotten horrific cold sores ever since I was a kid. There have been many times that I stayed home from work and school because I felt so disgusting, but thanks to this stuff I don’t have to worry about that so much anymore. I had a dermatologist that began prescribing me 1g tablets and instructed me to take 3 whenever I feel like a cold sore might be coming on. That helped me so much! I used to get outbreaks at least once a month and now I only get them 1-2 times a year! Amazing!"

Montyisthebest August 9, 2018

For Cold Sores: "Used the twice daily course of 2 valacyclovir 1 gram tablets on two separate occasions now at the first tingle and didn’t seem to make a difference"

poopjazz (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 9, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I started to get cold sores about 1x/year starting 10 years ago. Tried everything (Zovirax etc), nothing worked. I already had Valacyclovir on hand and ready though it had never worked because I hadn’t taken the right dosage. I would only take 500 mg 2x a day-no help! Friend told me I had to take more than 500 mg. I felt it tingling 3 nights ago, took 1g. Next morning was still tingling, took another 1g. Still tingled, and bumps were forming. Then found this thread, saw everyone took 2 g, so took 2 g that night (2 nights ago now). Next morning, tiny bumps were still there and it was swollen and tingling crazy. Took 2nd batch of 2g yesterday morn. Over the day the swelling went down, the bumps flattened. Tingling lessened a bit. It never turned bright red. Today it’s gone though I swear I can feel a slight tingle, may take a lighter dose to prevent it returning. I never thought it would work. Take 2 g twice. I have the generic brand, not actual “Valtrex”. Crisis diverted!"

Anony August 6, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "Amazing drug, been using it during outbreaks for 2 years. Clears up within 3 days normally, and never get open sores while taking it. This drug has made my life so much better during outbreaks. If you don't have insurance though it can cost you $300 plus for a bottle. My advice is to shop around pharmacies first. I started out 1000 mg 3x a day first time. Now only takes 500mg 2x a day for 3 days and I'm good to go. All hope is not lost just because you were unlucky enough to get genital herpes. Each year the outbreaks happen less and less and are never as bad as the first two. It gets better, stay positive."

LivingNormal (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Cold Sores: "I recently used Valtrex for my cold sores. I was at work and some time after lunch around 1-2pm I felt a tingle and a weird sensation on my lip. When to the bathroom and saw a little tiny pustule in the center of my lip. I didn’t have any medicine with me at work and wasn’t able to get my first dosage of 2g until 6pm. I woke up and took the second dosage at 6:30am and now it’s gone! Whatever little swelling was there just disappeared. The cold sore never raised or formed. I was able to stop it right in its tracks! Btw I RARELY ever get cold sores. One maybe every 4 years or so but this year I had 2 wishing 4 months time so I was ready with medication on hand just in case and it literally was amazing. A non issue basically. Good stuff!"

Newbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2018

For Cold Sores: "Amazing medication. I took valacyclovir within a few hours of feeling the start of a cold sore. I was skeptical for sure but there was no pain and the skin never broke and developed the nasty painful sore. This medication works! And it’s cheap!!! I get a cold sore maybe once or twice a year. This is my go to medicine FOR SURE!"

Caramel Q (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2018

For Cold Sores: "This stuff is amazing!! Seriously, it is magical! I woke up with a tingling on Saturday morning, took one dose (my doctor suggested 1 pill every 12 hours instead of 2), and prayed for a speedy recovery. Unfortunately, I still got a small cluster of blisters, but by Sunday evening, they had receded! It was like they had shrunk back into themselves! I will have these meds with me at all times because this was such a lifesaver! It is now Monday afternoon and I am almost completely healed. Serious miracle worker! I only wish one of my previous doctors had given me this prescription earlier to save myself years of embarrassment and pain!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I never, EVER write reviews. But you guys.. these pills are AMAZING! I just had not one, but two cold sores about two months ago. (lucky me, right..?) anyway, the first sign on them I put abreva on my lips which by the way, made my lips 10x bigger. I had people ask if i’d been punched in the face. I never will I ever use abreva again. They both lasted for about 10 days. I woke up Friday morning and felt my lip and sure enough I had aother cold sore. I took four pills the second I feel that sucker and then four later on in the evening. My lip did not swell, it was not painful, and you couldn’t even tell I had a cold sore. It’s now Sunday and the cold sore is basically completely gone. These pills are a LIFE SAVER. I will ALWAYS make sure I have a some on me. 1000000/10 recommend these."

thisworks (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

For Cold Sores: "I'm 36, and started using acyclovir at the first sign of outbreak several years ago. I have since upgraded to valacyclovir. Acyclovir made me nauseous and valacyclovir does not (and I am very sensitive to drugs). I only get an outbreak every 6 months-3 years, but when I do, it dominates my life because it is just massive and cannot be covered with makeup. Now that I have a daughter, I need to be extra careful to protect her. FYI - You may be able to ask your dentist for a prescription for just in case you have an outbreak after dental work (due to strain on the lips). Mine gave me a huge bottle full, so I can dose them out as needed."

happylady June 5, 2018

Valtrex (valacyclovir) for Herpes Simplex, Suppression: "I just found out that I have genital herpes. I was depressed, my ex boyfriend accused me of getting it first where in fact I only had sex with him without contraceptive so for sure he got it first and gave it to me. So my obgyn prescribed me Valtrex Its definitely a life saver for me since the initial outbreak . Expensive but it works"

Helloworld (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

For Herpes Simplex, Mucocutaneous/Immunocompetent Host: "After taking this for almost 3 years the side effects were hard to notice at first. Head aches was just one slight effect. My tendons in my feet ruptured? That's a strange effect. It isn't listed as even a chance on any side effects. Kidney issues, well what does that do. Effects minerals and bones in your body. After 6 months of messing around on crutches and tons of weird effects, finally figured out the problems is valtrex! Don't underestimate the damage on your kidneys from taking this drug."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...