User Reviews for Kenalog-40 to treat Allergic Rhinitis

Kenalog-40 has an average rating of 8.0 out of 10 from a total of 9 ratings for the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis. 67% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 11% reported a negative effect.

Kenalog-40 Rating Summary

8.0/10 average rating

Compare all 275 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Rhinitis.

Reviews for Kenalog-40

Jayden2015 March 9, 2015

“I've had spring allergies as far back as I can remember. I get severe sinus pressure, loose focus, lose energy, etc. The inflammation in my body makes my blood feel like it's on fire. I get a Kenalog shot 1-2 times every spring and it has been more effective than anything I've every used in my life. The world comes into focus and my body feels like it comes back to life throughout the course of the day that I get it. Usually lasts 3-4 months for me and works wonders in my life.”

Benjamin C. September 29, 2011

“After years of suffering through allergies (year round, anything in bloom, grass, trees, etc.), my doctor gave me a shot of Kenalog-40. The shot lasts for 6-10 weeks and has relieved all symptoms. I want to make sure that I don't over use it (as all other allergy medicine I build a tolerance to, and then it fails to work).”

PETRA · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2020

“In 2013, I got a kenalog 40 injection in left glute to treat severe chronic hay fever. I just got one shot. One month later my hair started falling out excessively. I have lost 90 percent of my hair and my eyebrows are practically gone. I had super thick healthy hair and 'brooke shield" thick eyebrows. This is scariest most depressing situation. Menstrual cycle is erratic excessive bleeding. I have spent thousands of dollars on endocrinologists and hormone specialists to treat this sudden hair shedding/loss caused by this drug. It has ruined my life.”

gailkr · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2018

“I lost my sense of smell several years ago due to chronic sinusitis. In March 2017, I had a shot of Kenalog in my right hip, resulting in the restoration of my sense of smell. It was wonderful, but short-lived. The shot lasted 3 months, and my ENT will only give it once a year due to the chance of necrosis. I had my 2nd shot in mid April (almost 2 weeks ago) and unfortunately, my sense of smell did not return. Hoping that it will come back again.”

mrr34 October 25, 2019

“I had been dealing with a year and a half of sinus migraines, several rounds of antibiotics, OTC allergy meds, etc. and my sinuses never seemed to clear up from seasonal allergies. It was more like year-round allergies. My doctor recommended the kenalog shot and within 2 days, the sinus pressure went away, I didn't have migraines, and I felt normal. I don't recall having any shakes or other side-effects like that, but I DO have an indentation in my buttocks at the injection site. However, I recently discovered that I am sensitive to some adhesives in bandages so it may be from that instead of the injection. Also, it may be interesting to note that ~1mo after my injection I had 6 weeks of vaginal bleeding, not quite a period, not quite spotting. It went away on it's own, so I am curious now if that was related to the Kenalog shot or a different cause. About 2 months after that cleared up is when I felt the Kenalog effectiveness go away and I'm "due" for another shot.”

Toad · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 17, 2020

“I receive Kenalog 40 as an injection in my arm and within 1.5 weeks my nose is like a normal healthy nose again! I have a full sense of smell and no longer lose my sense of taste either, it’s absolutely glorious and is the only thing that makes me feel like a normal person with no nasal problems. It also definitely lasts longer than 3 months for me, it’s closer to 6 months in my experience.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 22, 2013

“I have severe allergies all year. My Dr gives me a kenalog shot and I get relief, it lasts up to 6 months and I can tell its time for another. kenalog is the only reason I can live a normal life”

Anonymous June 11, 2008

“I had such a severe reaction to my hayfever I ended up in hospital. When I left I was given the Kenalog 40 injection and I had a summer like never before. I was able to go outside and enjoy myself.”

Neno1313 June 25, 2009

“I have dealt with allergies all my life and have tried everything under the sun to stop the agony. This is the only drug that works 100%. It is also one of the cheapest. Highly recommended.”

Cat · Taken for less than 1 month December 19, 2020

“Cleared my sinus inflammation. A side effect unfortunately is I’m left with a hard lump on my buttock at injection site 7 months later still present.”

Learn more about Allergic Rhinitis