User Reviews for Kenalog-10

Learn more about Kenalog-10.

Kenalog-10 Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of Alopecia.

Reviews for Kenalog-10 to treat Alopecia

"Last July I had a full head of hair. Like I always have . And then one fine day in October my hair started falling out. At first it was just a little . I had developed a spot on the crown of my head that I didn't even notice . Until someone pointed it out. At first I didn't think anything of it. I thought early onset of male pattern baldness. That's what I went on believing until I noticed my hair falling out in handfulls in the shower. I got an appointment with a dermatologist and was told it was alopecia areata He gave me topical solution that didn't help hardly any instead I got kenalog injections in my scalp After 3 months I had significant regrowth all over my head here I am gaining more hair every day And hair loss has almost stopped"

cet93 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Have been receiving the injections now for three months with great results. My hair was bald in the centers of my head. At this time my hair has grow about 1 inch at the point."

Jazzyj2005 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been getting Kenalog shots for my alopecia once a month for five months now....Very little hair regrowth, the hair that has grown back is grey now, and the alopecia continues to spread. I've lost 40% of my beard over the past few months and nothing is helping, including Kenalog."

Trevmcg March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I received kenalog/lidocaine injections in my c spine (neck) three months on (once a month shot) and six months off. I noticed immediately my hair grew!! I went from this fragile hair to a freakin awesome thick head of hair what seemed to be overnight! First time in my life!! I was thrilled! Literally seemed over night! I swear by the injections for my spine did it!!"

Mygrandson January 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had alopecia for 5 months before I received any treatment . When I went to the doctor he prescribed a topical solution which didn't help much . He gave me my first shot on my bold spot and three weeks later my hair was fully grown . It totally worked for me :))"

Leidy :) (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hair grew back almost instantly. I got Kenalog-10 injections from my doctor in late September. I started noticing hair growth after only a few days. Almost two months later now and my hair is almost completely grown. No more bald spots. It's not perfect, but it's getting there really quick. It was somewhat painful but totally worth it."

Anonymous November 16, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had severe allopecia areata. While I was deployed in Iraq I recieved kenalog injections intra-muscularly 40-60mg every 2 months until bald spots started filling back in. Then I started receiving the shot interdermally at the site of the missing hair and it regrew. Here I sit, 2 years later with a full head of hair. Worked great. Did cause atrophy in the fat around where I received the shots. I also noticed that my joints felt weaker when taking it."

bigferny1 August 14, 2008

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My hair was falling out and my doctor began a series of kenalog shots(3).Within 30 days I noticed it stopped falling out,and began growing back.Kenalog was successful for my hair,I regained a lost sense of smell,and it restored a sense of well being I didnt realize I had lost to cronic fatigue.It was wonderful, however I experienced a huge indenture on my body in the area I received the shot.It looks like a shark bite.My doctor said it is fat scarring.There are others who got this dent too."

Anonymous July 7, 2008