User Reviews for Flomax to treat Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (Page 3)

Flomax has an average rating of 4.9 out of 10 from a total of 124 ratings for the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. 27% of those users who reviewed Flomax reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Flomax Rating Summary

4.9/10 average rating

Compare all 49 medications used in the treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia.

Reviews for Flomax

Richard Smith September 25, 2019

“Wow! Took Flomax one time and it greatly improved urine flow and got rid of urgency! The downside was a pounding headache and the complete elimination of ejaculate. It’s a shame..I had high hopes! Doctor recommended discontinue use immediately which I already had done. He recommended Saw Palmetto. We’ll see how that goes! Desperate for a solution!”

Huggy bear · Taken for less than 1 month September 20, 2018

“Has way too many side effects dizziness, fatigue, myalgia and it made me constipated. It really seems like our doctors don’t know anything. I’ve been using natural supplements and I actually have a quality of life that is bearable. Going to China to be cured. Alpha blockers are designed to make you stay on a life treatment with horrible symptoms. No thank you I’ll stick with my own recipes that I came up with that help more than anything any doctor has given me. All the doctors think I’m crazy but they’re just programmed that way and very text book. Think outside the box people, if your treatments don’t work it is time to do more research.”

Upatnight April 8, 2009

“I have been using Flomax for two years. It keeps me going but I still get up at least three times a night. Flow is not normal, light streem. My PSA is under 2.0 and always has been. I'm tired, sore and not getting any better. Have not had sex for a long time. I'm going to try a new drug.”

Anonymous August 7, 2009

“I have been using Flomax (0.4 mg 1/day) for approximately 2 weeks, with a great improvement after the 2nd pill. My problem with urination wasn't too bad to begin with - slow start, weak stream, start/stop, up 2-3 times per night -- just inconvenient. I have experienced side effects with Flomax: get very dizzy when first standing up within 3-4 hours after taking the pill (feels like I'm going to pass out), so I take it at night; noticeable muscle weakness, but not severe. Also, sex is affected, weak orgasm. I tried Saw Palmetto (2,000 mg/day)--seemed to help some, but not very much.”

Pee Shy · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2018

“I was having the usual symptoms - hesitation, weak stream, frequency day and night, incomplete emptying - sometimes couldn't go at all unless I got in a hot shower. Very frustrating. I started and stopped this twice. First time was alarmed at ejaculation problems (no semen), the second time for irregular heartbeat. But the side effects seem to have subsided this third try even though I I don't ejaculate, I do reach orgasm. This is a minor bother compared to how effective it is at solving all my symptoms. I've been on it two weeks.”

mesher · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

“After 1 week of flomax, urine flow was slightly effected. I have started experiencing dizziness, extreme fatigue, weakness, nausea, diarrhea, headache, chills, body aches and flu like symptoms. Goodbye flomax.”

Jay57 December 13, 2009

“Been on Flomax for BPH for 2 yrs now. Its improved my urinary volume and flow rate tremendously. Most night, don't even get up at all. Better now that I take it at 10pm with a small snack. While it has also caused me to have dry ejaculations (my other half has not complained about this) , I can maintain erection and have multiple ejaculations.”

Trouper72 · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2016

“just started taking flomax (generic)..waiting to see what happens. On the web, most of the reviews are very negative and not encouraging. Why does this drug still get prescribed ? With all of the negative reviews I have just read, it really amazes me this drug is used for BHP..”

peepain August 7, 2011

“I have been taking Flomax for a month for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia. I had been getting up to urinate 2 or 3 times a night, suffering from severe pain during urination. Since starting Flomax I have found myself dizzy if getting up quickly, blurred vision, decreased sex drive with abnormal ejaculate. I have lower back pain. I feel weaker and tired all the time. On the up side I can go all night with no need to get up to urinate and the pain while urinating is 50 percent less.”

Gus · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

“Since being on Flomax my bowels don't function properly. Constipation. Need laxative every 3 days. Stomach aches, cramps, low energy, dizziness. Just generally feel bad. Hardly ever leave home now. Its terrible. Been on it 90 days. Wasn't sick until I started taking this drug. I'll elect surgery early if necessary to get off this drug.”

KV · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2019

“Must be careful with flomax side effects and check for interactions with other BP/heart meds. My conditions cleared with first pill. BPH was induced by other infection and allowed antibiotics to work by restoring the urine flaw. I stopped after the second pill. It should be made available at much lower dose for induced BPH treatment.”

ssp.Jb · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2015

“This helped with urination flow but was bad on sex life. After being on it for short time only 4 days . Has caused trouble with very little painful semen release, and problems staying erect during that time. The side effects out way the benefits.”

Yogi · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2018

“I have frequent urination at night. Dr prescribed Flomax. I took my first pill last evening 30 minutes after dinner. Felt nauseous in the morning. Got up for work and nearly passed out in the shower. Flopped on the bed wrapped in a towel. Had a cold sweat. My BP must have dropped. I did not go to work today and have been lethargic all day. I am not taking Flomax ever again.”

Pops Don · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2016

“Upon starting on Flowmax, urination flow was 100% improved. After 1 month urine flow somewhat more diminished but still well better than without taking Flomax. Trying to work through side effects including mild headache, lightheaded, diminished libido/sexual desire, diminished volume in bowel movements, gas. In my 3rd month of Flomax and not sure the benefits will win over the many side effects I am experiencing.”

pissant October 30, 2009

“Been on Flomax for BPH for 7-8 yrs now. Its improved my urinary volume and flow rate But it has also caused me to have dry ejaculations at times. I can maintain erection and have mutiple ejaculations, but its effect on relaxing the prostate slows my volume of ejaculate.”

FokinSonny · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 13, 2017

“Flomax gave me serious side-effects including the following ; tooth ache, gum infection, sinus infection, cough, chest pain, vision problem, muscle ache, muscle weakness, dizziness, premature ejaculation, inability to hold erection for sex, lack of orgasm after painful ejaculation.”

Hamza, Indian aged 70 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 23, 2016

“I have been using a combination of Flomax with Finesteride for a period of say 2 years. Actually this drug met my requirement, such as smooth urination and broad and fast streeming. If I forget to take this capsule in one night, in the morning all troubles relapse. Disadventage is the side effects. I am having so many mild problems, such as postural hypotension, peeling inside hands and legs, mild migraine, intermittent constipation, but I don't know whether I can attribute all these complaints to the drug. My serious problem is retrograde ejaculation. Fortunately there is no priapism. Second serious problem is meagre erection, so I seldom share bed with my wife. But masturbate once weekly, which does not require full erection.”

Steve · Taken for 10 years or more November 3, 2018

“This medication helped with the symptoms from an enlarge prostate. After several years My Dr. had to increase the dosage to .08mg which again relieve the problems. I’ve been on it for over 10 years with very little side effects. It was well worth the relief.”

46 active December 4, 2009

“Just started taking this over almost a week. 1st thing I noticed was weak orgasm, little to no semen. Penis is largely flaccid. Flow has improved hope the dribble improves within the next week. Semen and orgasm my be an issue for me though.”

Anonymous June 25, 2011

“Initially, I took the low dosage and flow improved for about a week. Then the condition worsened. My doctor then upped my dosage to two pill per day. Same thing happened initially - flow improved and then reverted back to the prior condition. But as I continued to use the drug (2 times a day) the improved condition returned. Sometimes the flow is better than other times - like when my bladder is more full. Trips to the bathroom at night were reduced to 0 to 1 time. Side effects. Initially, I experienced many side effects - runny noise, minor headache, aches and weakness in my back and shoulder, and retrograde ejaculation. Retrograde ejaculation is the only side effect that seems to persist.”

cricket4692 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 21, 2018

“Took Flomax for 1 1/2 years for an enlarged prostate. On the positive side, it did help ease the flow of urine, though not significantly on the frequency. However, my blood pressure kept dropping and on my daily walks I noticed I would often feel like I'm going to pass out or faint. This was happening 4 or 5 times per hour, so I asked my doctor if I could withdraw the medication to see if these attacks or syncope would go away. After 3 days I noticed that the symptoms had gone. It's about 1 month now without an attack. So my personal diagnosis, for what it is worth, is that Flomax can reduce blood pressure enough to cause symptoms akin to syncope.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2015

“After a few days Flomax did work and increased my stream. I was unable to orgasm or ejaculate on this drug. If you have no interest in sex it does work. I took lowest dosage. I believe it was .04 MG I stopped taking the drug. Going to Dr. to try another.”

Anonymous October 23, 2010

“Before Flomax for 6 weeks I had experienced urgency to urinate, dribbling, reduced flow. Within one day of starting Flomax, it was like magic - I noticed increased flow, no dribbling, no urgency to urinate, less frequent urination. Also, I noticed that the muscles in my groin area seemed more relaxed. I did notice an undesirable side effect though; dry mouth. I have to speak a lot at work, and a couple of times my mouth dried up and I had difficult speaking.”

Bob in New Mexico November 1, 2008

“About a week ago, my urologist started me on Flomax for urinary problems. I have muscular dystrophy and have to use my muscles maximally to do normal activities of daily living. Several days after starting Flomax I couldn't do many things I need to do every day. Flomax weakens ALL muscles, not just those near the prostate. DO NOT TAKE FLOMAX if you have muscular dystrophy. ”

Quick Healing · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2018

“I had difficulty urinating due to enlarged prostate. And also had urinary retention. Flomax solved my problem and I now have very strong stream and am easily able to void. Very relieved. The only downside is retrograde ejaculation. No semen comes out at all. But I'm not in any relationship and nor am I trying to get anyone pregnant so it isn't an issue for me”