User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Also known as: Flomax

Learn more about Tamsulosin.

Urinary Tract Stones 64 reviews 16 medications

8.2
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 101 reviews 15 medications

Overactive Bladder 23 reviews 22 medications

5.3
Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 188 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Tamsulosin

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Almost immediately elimination of night time visits to bathroom...and accompanying discomfort of urination ..could sleep all night and in the morning no painful urination... First night or 2 encountered mild side effects including mild nasal congestion and minor headaches or occasional back pain, but side effects went away after a few days... certainly manageable but sensed no immediate or significant flow improvements (strange) .... Now 2 weeks in flow is improving ...no erection issues except reduced semen (who cares) and occassional multiple orgasms...a great trade off... Give it a try for a month unless side effects are unbearable.but keep in mind such posts and blogs usually attract folks who have issues rather than those who dont"

Cody2277 July 14, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have been using a combination of Flomax with Finesteride for a period of say 2 years. Actually this drug met my requirement, such as smooth urination and broad and fast streeming. If I forget to take this capsule in one night, in the morning all troubles relapse. Disadventage is the side effects. I am having so many mild problems, such as postural hypotension, peeling inside hands and legs, mild migraine, intermittent constipation, but I don't know whether I can attribute all these complaints to the drug. My serious problem is retrograde ejaculation. Fortunately there is no priapism. Second serious problem is meagre erection, so I seldom share bed with my wife. But masturbate once weekly, which does not require full erection."

Hamza, Indian aged 70 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 23, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have had pain in my right testicle for years. I was put on flowmax and symptoms got quite better and unlike many others my ejaculations improve."

Duffydo June 16, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Female age 35 with history of kidney stones. Went to ER for kidney stone pain on a Friday, was given a shot of Flomax and a prescription to take daily. Saw urologist and received CAT scan on Monday - one 5mm kidney stone in ureter and two more (one in each kidney) to come. On day six of Flomax and going to stop taking it - feeling very dizzy, nauseous, tired with chills/low fever at night. Still haven't passed the stone but can't take these side affects. Doctor said I can go back on Flomax anytime if my kidney stone pain comes back and I need it to help pass this stone."

Female35 (taken for less than 1 month) June 15, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "been taking tamsulosin for eight years. had some side effects from the beginning. Rash on chest.Flu symptoms. Extremely uncomfortable nasal problems. Tinnitus. Feeling very cold in bed, even with extra bedding on. Very hot sweats at night. Numb tingly, itching feet. Itching face and around eyes. Blurred vision, had to give up driving. Backache. Not all these symptoms at the same time but getting worse. Still uncomfortable urination. Now have urinary incontinence. Waiting to see Urologist to discuss surgery so I can come off this damned medication."

jebob (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 10, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Flomax works great and quickly too, but it sure makes me feel bad. I find myself skipping days and those days I feel much better. When I take it I feel tired, slow, and light-headed...like I'm in a bit of a fog. I also notice that my vision is very much blurred when I take this drug. It takes hours after waking for my vision to be somewhat clearer. I'm supposed to take it twice a day, but once a day is more than sufficient. There doesn't seem to be a lower dosage in a capsule, so I open them and dump some of it out. It's pretty inexpensive so that's not a problem."

jpozenel May 17, 2016

175 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "After two months taking pills, has no effect at all on me, I'm waiting for miracles."

bob2 May 15, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Only moderately effective however the sexual dysfunction side affects are rampant. This drug has caused erectile dysfunction, ejaculatory dysfunction, and reduced libido and semen volume. In short, it makes having sex difficult and sometimes impossible, and it drastically reduces the pleasure. I cant imagine why mainstream medicine could possibly consider these side effects as acceptable to the average male with a healthy sexual appetite."

nospam1183 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 5, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "this medication has help me a lot I pee stronger and a lot less times. I am 62 and the sex is great if you don't care if you come or not, this is a magic pill, I stay hard untill she comes then I fake like I came and all is well."

curtis l. April 11, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Very fast heart beat"

DRB44l (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I've passed several stones, this was one of the worst and the first time flomax was prescribed. I have never had such ease passing a stone before and would highly recommend this for anyone suffering from a stone."

Bellerose (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I went to emergency 7 days ago with kidney pain. I had stone in both kidneys. 5mm to right, 3 mm to left. Two doctors talked to me one was experienced & other was & fresh graduate. They told me I am going through surgery. I am self employed I had bad experience with fresh grad doctor 2 years ago. He operated me for lithotripsy & put a stent in me. Stent was not placed properly & I know how I spent 2 weeks with stent. Now I refused to become their practice animal. They prescribed me flomax 0.4mg for 7 days. I passed small stone within 5 days next two days I passed second stone. Only discomfort was shortness in breath, a little bleeding from nose & frequent urge to pee. I continue my business in this duration. Thanks flomax."

Mian sb (taken for less than 1 month) March 28, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "felt the familiar symptoms of a stone. doctor said it was 4 mm. gave me flowmax. I had symptoms of the stone for about 3 days. Took one flowmax pill, and within 8 hours the stone passed. My past experience was to have two stones stick and require surgery. Was it the flowmax, or would it have passed on its own? Who knows....for now I am a believer!"

spud1000 March 24, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I have frequent kidney stones and for awhile was at a lose on how to deal with them. Eventually, after several horrible hospital trips, my primary doctor prescribed me Flomax and told me to take one a day during an attack. Flomax has been an absolute life saver for me. Within an hour, my pain subsides and I am normally able to pass the stone that same day. I carry Flomax with me everywhere now. It has helped reduce the anxiety I had about when my next kidney stone would occur because I know I have a pill that really works."

Lyndsayxo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2016

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Has no noticeable effect. I still need to urinate slowly and patiently several times nightly."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 16, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I had a kidney stone 2 millimeters for two weeks I just find out about Flomax I took one pill and 5 hours later the stone was out I recommend this to everyone who have a kidney stone that really works Flomax really works"

gigi101 March 14, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Had 3mm stone for a month. Went to ER twice, the second time morphine was not effective that is when doctor prescribed this medication at that point I was unable to pass urine but felt the extreme need to go. Doctor indicated I also had mild bladder infection due to inability to pass urine. Took this medication for two weeks and an hour or so after each daily dose was able to urinate which was a joy I had taken for granted. Stone passed at the end of two weeks... never felt it but pain has been gone for weeks. Drink lots of lemon water and pray kids I know its tough but I never had any side effects with this drug and would recommend it."

California Barbie March 13, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Had severe pain in right side went to ER They gave me pain med and did a CT scan found A 3mm stone sent me home feeling real good I took a anti nausea med Flomax and pain meds for pain. I took on a lot of water felt pain from time to time as stone traveled 5th day had a good amount of discomfort in groin area while in shower after had pain peed a little pushed hard with muscles in abdomen nothing came down. Took more Meds got up peed it out after a couple hours. Flomax made me pee hard but no bad side affects"

Sweet machinist March 7, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Improved urine flow in the beginning, but over time it seems to lose effectiveness. Doing 0.4mg tablet, 1 per day. Sideffects: just feel weak all around and have dry ejaculations."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 28, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Diagnosed with 5 mm stone in October. Dull ache in lower back and pink urine. Given flomax and started drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day. In February to ER with extreme pain - could not stand or sit - pain felt like a spasm that started mildly in my lower left abdomen and then grew to the point of extreme (10/10) from my abdomen down to my feet. CT showed stone had moved just slightly to the outflow of my kidney. Had procedure to remove it with ureteral stent placement afterwards. If flomax did anything, I am not aware of it."

TD1960 February 25, 2016

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Female aged 59 in Europe. Kidney stone (5mm) moved to ureter (just outside bladder) 6 weeks ago. Been on tamsulosine (Flomax in US) for 5 weeks. Stone not moved. Ureteroscopy scheduled for next week. Horrible side effects (fatigue, dizzy, stuffy nose, headache/sinus pain, minor nose bleeds, minor breathlessness) but continue to use in hope it might move before surgery."

thskohb February 19, 2016

For Overactive Bladder: "In the past week, suddenly I started having frequent urination and painful urges to urinate. It became so bad that I was going every couple minutes. I ended up in the ER. My urine culture came back fine, by blood tests came back fine, my X-Ray and CT scans were both negative. They assumed I had just passed a kidney stone and sent me home. The frequency and urge persisted and I wasn't getting sleep and stopped going to work. FINALLY, the doctor prescribed me Flomax. I have an appointment to get a bladder ultrasound tomorrow and to see a urologist in two weeks. They think there is a possibility I may have Intersistial Cystitis. I just took my first dose of Flomax and have no idea what to expect. Suggestions?"

jlgowe01 (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "just started taking flomax (generic)..waiting to see what happens. On the web, most of the reviews are very negative and not encouraging. Why does this drug still get prescribed ? With all of the negative reviews I have just read, it really amazes me this drug is used for BHP.."

Trouper72 (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Six weeks postpartum of having my baby I started experiencing UTI symptoms. After two rounds of antibiotics, ruling out appendicitis, the dr. concluded it must be a kidney stone. Told me to drink lots of water. For a month I experienced dull pain, extreme pain, to no pain. Finally I had excruciating pain. My hubby drove me to the hospital. Went to the Outpatient building (to avoid ER cost). Got CT scan and KUB scan. The urologist fit us in that day to look over. I had a 7mm stone that had reached my ureter. She prescribed Flomax. After 1 dose and 9 hours later, I passed the stone. Didn't even feel it pass! Woke up next morning and didnt feel pain. Went back to Outpatient for KUB scan and showed no stone! Only symptoms were dizziness."

HME February 5, 2016

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have severe back pain and have been vomiting"

DIGGER 1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016