User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Urinary Tract Stones 7.5
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 5.0

Reviews for Tamsulosin

GW · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I am using tamsulosin (Flomax) to aid in passing kidney stone fragments following shock wave lithotripsy. The medication has been successful in relaxing the bladder neck muscle and prostate to allow the stone fragments to pass. However, men should note the possible sexual side effects. I have experienced retrograde ejaculation. The relaxed muscles allow the seminal fluid to flow backward into the bladder. There are no forceful involuntary muscle contractions and no pleasurable fluid release from the penis. I experience a few weak pulses and a few drops of semen ooze out. I've felt no discomfort when seminal fluid flows into the bladder, just a feeling of fullness that is relieved later during urination. Overall, sexual satisfaction is diminished by 50%. No issues with maintaining a firm erection, responding to stimulation or feeling the initial stage of orgasm, but without the physical relief of expelling seminal fluid from my body I feel frustrated at the end of sexual activity.”

islandguy · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 8, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Flomax dramatically improved my "flow" and I no longer need to get up in the night to use the bathroom. I take it along with Avodart. Sexual desire is somewhat reduced but as I'm 56 and my wife is no longer interested in sex [its been a few years since we last had sex] that is not such a bad thing. When masturbating, orgasm is very gentle, more a mental experience than a physical one with no pulsing contractions and no semen comes out. On the positive side, my libido is no longer so urgent, I masturbate much less and there is no longer a tight aching sensation when I abstain from masturbating. Overall, it is a good medication to be on if you are no longer sexually active and or if you would like to reduce or even give up masturbation.”

yar · Taken for 10 years or more June 6, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Been on flomax for about 4 years. Had all the bad side effects at the beginning like everyone else. Gradually they went away except for dry orgasm. On doctors suggestion had eurolift procedure last year with the plan that I could get off the medications. Gradually stopped the flomax over 1 month. Went without for 2 months and normal ejaculation returned. Then symptoms began to return and I am back on flomax. Don't know what is next or maybe flomax is the only thing left.”

Mr G · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2020

For Urinary Tract Stones: “Was given antibiotics for a UTI didn't improve so was put on this tamsulosin as Doctor thought it was urinary stones. I've been on it 4 days thought I was dying nearly passed out I'm 53 spent 28 years in the Army always been fit taken plenty of medication over the years. I'm not taking another one of these tablets may work for some but there's too many bad experiences on this medication ...Its AWFUL”

Allie · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Urinary Tract Stones: “Everyone seems to have had good results reading these reviews. I am 56 years old and have had kidney stones on and off since I was 24. Looking at most of these reviews people are talking about 4, 5, 6 mm stones. This particular one at the moment is 13 - 15mm. I query that Tamulosin is really going to work?”

yamafx4dude · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “Prescribed Flomax for a possible kidney stone. Took around 6pm. Didn't notice much, became a bit drowsy, pain seem to be better but remained a bit. Around midnight when trying to sleep is when the terror started. Couldn't seem to sleep but when I finally started to doze off I suddenly awoke with a full blown panic attack. Hard to breathe, racing heart, room spinning, going in and out of consciousness while on the phone with 911. Ems showed up and stuck around a while. I decided to stay home and try and sleep again. Again, same thing happened. Right before falling asleep panic attack again but this time less severe. By now it's 5am. I decided to try to sleep once more. If not, I was going to the ER. I somehow got about 2 hours of sleep woke up with a massive headache. After taking some pain killers, I managed to dose off and by noon the nightmare was over. I do NOT recommend this medication!!!”

zyprexafool · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 1, 2020

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “57 years old and have been on Tamsulosin for about 4 years. Had reoccurring urination problems for a couple of years after a prolonged bad bout with prostititis. Ended up with blockage that required catheter for a couple of weeks. (not the first time) Urologist put me on this "stuff", and yes I am now Niagara falls in the can, but the side effects were and are off the charts and have gotten progressively worse over time. Constant dizziness, no energy, bad balance, muscle & joint aches, breathing and sinus problems (runny nose, sneezing, pain, nasal drip) and recently have developed a cough and have to clear throat constantly. I'm done! Tapering off. Will talk to my urologist about other options. At this point the catheter looks good! lol This drug does work well, but the "price" of the side effects is just too high for me. Good luck!!”

Theronster · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2020

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I'm a 55 year old male. For many years I've have had weak stream but not to the point to make me want to see a doctor. Recently though when I would wake up it would be complete blockage with some discomfort as I sat there waiting and waiting on the toilet. So brought this up with doc and he prescribed tamsulosin. I'm not kidding, within one day, like a fire hydrant was opened and it was like I was in college again. I do have tooth sensitivity like when I'm chewing ice it's almost painful. I only take once every 2 days. Great stuff.”

Kat · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Urinary Tract Stones: “I have just been prescribed Tamsulosin for kidney stones. Multiple in both kidneys, mostly small ones, but the right side also has one of 6mm. I am on my fourth day of taking one at night. So far all I am experiencing is excruciating pain in my right side. Can anyone tell me if this is to be expected please.”

Ghuidz · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I was diagnosed with chronic urethritis, had an issues with weak stream, failure to fully empty bladder, frequent peeing at night. My urologist prescribed me this medicine (tamsolin). Initially after a day those symptoms seemed to relieve, but I notice the side effects of this medicine in my body so terribly, like dizziness stuffy nose, severe fatigue bodily weakness, gasping for air when sleeping, tooth sensitivity, and difficult time falling as sleep at night, I consider to set a appointment to my urologist to consult this matter.”

Jr45 · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2020

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Had issues with weak urination, stop and start to the flow, but managed. Until I started to unexpectedly “leak” while lying in bed at night for no reason and I always felt like I had to Urinate. So I began taking this. Shortly there after I would get this insane ringing in my right ear. The top of my head, forehead and lips would start to feel like they were vibrating and I had a serious intense headache just behind my forehead. Looking back, 3 weeks after I started this medication, I began having tooth sensitivity and after going to my dentist and having her x-ray three different teeth for cavities, They came back perfectly fine. I also had a very difficult time falling asleep at night. I didn’t realize all these conditions were related to this drug until I read all the reviews and picked out bits and pieces from everyone else’s and realized I was experiencing them all. Time to find a new drug.”

John Doe · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Took first pill, room started to spin, dizziness and heart rate thru the roof. Thought I it was going to it for me, wanted to call ambulance but tried to work through it. Passed out at some point. Ridiculous”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I have been on Tamsulosulin for about 6 months, I don't have any side effects, I did have retrograde ejaculation for about a week, but all has been well since. I do forget to take the 1 tablet occasionally. Actually forgot this weekend. I don't notice a marked difference with or without the drug, perhaps a slightly weaker stream and a slightly harder time passing urine, but I do wonder if its actually worth taking? I will discuss this with my Urologist. So give it a go if your Dr says so it dose help a bit.”

Harvey · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I also was prescribed flomax, and had same experience of passing out when I got up during the night after just one capsule. Had an anxiety attack and went to hospital. My urine was already brown. Hospital told me that was toxicity, and also that I passed out because of an extreme blood pressure drop, caused by the medication. I will not be taking this medication again, and I am also female.”

Tex · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 16, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Been using Flomax for several years. I’m 70 . My U Dr told me to stop taking Flomax four to six weeks before my next appt . To test/measure the results of the long term use of it. Nine months ago he started me on Finasteride 5 mg . Since stopping Flomax Cold turkey. I’m very weak stuffy nose back pain. Can’t urinate completely, pee runs out several seconds later. I end up standing there waiting and several streams expel in two or three intervals. Night sweats. Face flushing during the day.”

Asim · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 15, 2020

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I used to get urine drops, went to the GP in England GP said may be your prostate enlarged even I had it checked by a different doctor and it wasn't but I Was told to take these for a month, I started taking these and after two weeks my right knee started feeling funny and started crackling and after few days it's gone worst every time I move it, it will do click, and ended up in very bad pain tried many exercises because I used to be a sports person but still same. So went back to GP they said its vitamin D, a dr gave me 4000 units tablets but it didn't help even my left knee started same thing intermittently. I stopped Contiflo xl immediately and now my both knees are in extreme pain, I know it's caused by these tablets, I don't where to go because GP in England don't give a damn either they will say its vitamin D or I have serious mental health issues, probably they get some commission from suppliers”

SRWMIAMI February 14, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “My last post was two months ago, when I had been tapering off the Flowmax and going with a supplement. I am shocked that I'm doing so well. I started the Flowmax out of desperation. I had to plan my days around bathrooms. Even then I couldn't always go. It was the worst at night, often having to get I the shower just to get a stream started. Long car trips were out of the question. Air travel made me very nervous. Flowmax worked but the side effects were awful. Tired, low libido, congestion, runny nose. Today, two months free of it I have just a few moments of hesitation (when getting up from sleeping) and a short walk to and from the kitchen usually cures that. I even can have a coffee daily without urgency. I really never believed supplements work but this one does. It is Made with Saw Palmetto, Stinging Nettle, Pumpkin Seed Oil and Lycopene. I urge you to experiment if you can't stand Flowmax's side effects.”

Miguel · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 13, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “53 year old male. Started on flomax .4 dosage for two weeks for my BPH symptoms of urgency, weak stream, failure to fully empty bladder. Seemed to relieve those symptoms initially for a few days up to a week; tapered off the second week, however still improved initial symptoms by twenty-five percent. No noticeable side effects other than decreased ejaculation amounts and delayed ejaculation. Bumped dosage up to .8 after four weeks. Side effects now include minor lower back pain and minor sinus allergies. Seems to be working slightly better than .4; going to continue for another week or two. Was hoping for better results; maybe after more time on the medication?”

JJ February 7, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I have been on flomax for approximately three years and did not have any real side effects until I realized that every other person was having ejaculation problems, lack of sexual desire, and erectile dysfunction. I personally thought it was the whole prostate brachytherapy procedure that has caused these problems . After brachytherapy for prostate cancer they generally recommend flomax. I stayed on flomax without thinking of the side effects thinking it was the other meds causing the effects. Anyway, I stopped flomax 4 days ago and ever since I stopped I have been feeling the severe side effects of fatigue, flu like symptoms every day since I have stopped. Has anyone taking flomax have the same withdrawals that I have experienced in coming off flomax? Nowhere does it say that there are withdrawal effects when coming off flomax. I have checked almost every site. All they say is if you stop flomax tell your doctor before starting again. I will be searching for anyone’s reply.”

Alex February 6, 2020

“Have been taking Tamsoulin for 3 months to help with frequent peeing and generally using toilet less often at night 2-3 times only. However, ejaculation pleasure is much reduced and occasionally do not reach climax. Thinking of reducing / stopping as it seems a huge price to pay! May see Doc first as I gather you are supposed to use it for 6 months.”

Ledroc · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 2, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “Was diagnosed with 5 kidney stones 3 on one side and 2 on the other in September of 2018. I had one blasted and two were very small and they passed quite quickly. The other two remaining were one in the left and one in the right. Doctor prescribed Flomax to help pass as they were large. One passed about 3 months after discovering it. It was approx 6mm in size. The other one went from my kidney to my bladder in October 2019. I passed that stone today (Feb 1, 2020) and it’s approx 10 mm. I’m lucky that passed and flomax I am sure helped to be able to pass a stone that size.”

solemnd · Taken for less than 1 month January 31, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I am a 54yr old, active but overweight male. After 12 days on Flomax I passed a 0.6mm stone pain and incident free. About two weeks before starting the Flomax I presented to ED in extreme pain after a few hours of discomfort and nausea. I took an anti nausea drug followed by 12.5mg of Endone which calmed me down enough for some sleep. For the next week I took Ibuprofen to deal with discomfort I was having and after 10 days a CT scan showed the above stone had made its way to the entrance of the bladder. At this point, I stopped feeling discomfort. I began taking a daily tablet of 400mcg and experienced very few side effects (a little tiredness). On the morning of the 12th day, after only the slightest sensation of ‘progress’ I heard a tinkle in the toilet bowl and sure enough there was the stone. I have sent it off to pathology but no word back yet.”

Joanie · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I took one for the first time before bedtime hoping for it to help pass a large stone. I got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night and the room starting spinning. I came back into my bedroom and either fell on the floor or fainted resulting in a fractured toe and rib. Once I got up I experienced chills throughout the night. I'm not taking them anymore - no wonder the FDA hasn't approved them for women.”

paintrrena January 25, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “Went to the ER with severe pain in right side. Diagnosed with a 4mm stone and given Flomax and pain meds. I am a 57 yr old woman. Took Flomax for 5 days. Began to have very painful breasts and pain in my other kidney. Also shooting pain in my hips and legs. Almost as if I was having my period even though that ended for me long ago. Would not take Flomax again. Has taken two weeks to start feeling normal again. I did pass the stone but the side effects were too scary.”

JT · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2020

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I noticed my urine was kind of a brownish color but I felt normal. Then if I drank any caffeine my urine got very dark and I could see some blood. So made and appt to see my doctor. He took some urine and drew some blood. Results came back and said yes I had blood in my urine but kidneys were functioning normal so he was going to make and appt for me to get a CT Scan but when I woke up the next day my side was killing me. Went to the ER did a CT Scan said I had a 6 mm stone between my kidney and my bladder. So he gave me some pain meds and Flomax and the following morning my stone was falling apart as when I peed they would look like little pieces of sand. Also noticed no dribbling when I'm done peeing. I'm 56 and been on Flomax for 3 days the only side effect I've noticed is some pain in the right side of my back when sitting to long. Other than that it works great.”