User Reviews for Tamsulosin systemic

Overactive Bladder
5.2

Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 6.2 324 reviews

Reviews for Tamsulosin

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "2014 I had back pain and after a scan found out I had a kidney stone located at the top of the ureter. I don't recall the size but it was slightly too big to pass. My doctor suggested we might need to "take it out" if it didn't pass. I did some research on remedies. Drank lemon juice and olive oil like crazy, but nothing. Then discovered info online about Flomax helping. I suggested it to my doctor, he was reluctant but said "ok". I took Flomax for 2 days. The dull back pain went away almost immediately. I stopped taking it and must have passed it. Never felt it again! Thank you Flomax! PS Side effects do seem to start in 2-3 days. So, short courses with breaks in between recommended."

Angela (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Original Symptoms: slow, frequent, urgent, painful urination. Up to bathroom 3-5 times per night. Tamsulosin prescribed. Did help with symptoms but gave me 3 side effects: very dry mouth (cotton), complete nasal congestion, and insomnia. Side effects too much to continue. Changed to Alfuzosin ER 10 mg recently and relieves all the symptoms without any side effects. Hope it continues."

Roger (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I was having the usual symptoms - hesitation, weak stream, frequency day and night, incomplete emptying - sometimes couldn't go at all unless I got in a hot shower. Very frustrating. I started and stopped this twice. First time was alarmed at ejaculation problems (no semen), the second time for irregular heartbeat. But the side effects seem to have subsided this third try even though I I don't ejaculate, I do reach orgasm. This is a minor bother compared to how effective it is at solving all my symptoms. I've been on it two weeks."

Pee Shy (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "These things made my stomach hurt so bad I had to quit taking them. I don't know what to do now but I will never take them again please listen to me people do not take these"

D.W. November 9, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "This medication helped with the symptoms from an enlarge prostate. After several years My Dr. had to increase the dosage to .08mg which again relieve the problems. I’ve been on it for over 10 years with very little side effects. It was well worth the relief."

Steve (taken for 10 years or more) November 3, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Been on this for sometime on and off for Chronic prostatitis. Stops me getting up 3 plus times a night to once a night but since taking it I have had nothing but problems with severe lower back pain, dry ejaculations, headaches and fatigue. Need to see if there maybe an alternative."

DTLAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Overactive Bladder: "Side effects were horrible. Depression, sluggishness etc. Would not use again"

localguy1 (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have not even started taking Tamsulosin and I am already experiencing nausea. Just kidding. I know bad news travels fast and the reviews on this site are anecdotal but, ..this drug is not going into my body. (Grabs bottle throws it in the fireplace ...huge explosion, followed by scary hissing sounds and wispy ghoul like creatures exiting house) Now typing in Google "BPH Natural Cures" Nausea dissipating rapidly"

Tam Su Lin October 24, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "3 weeks ago I had my first experience with kidney stones, and holy moly excruciating at that. I’m no sook I have extremely high pain tolerance broken bones and no major pain killers needed. But kidney stones are a complete different ballgame, had me in tears. I’ve passed just over 30 stones ranging from 2mm - 5mm in the first 2 weeks. The last week I have had dull constant pain in my flank area so went to have another scan to hear that I have another 5 stones in my ureter ranging from 2mm-5mm and have a 7mm stone in my kidney. I’m so over the pain and inconvenience it’s caused just want it all gone ASAP so took my first Flomax last night and I felt more pain then what I have in the last week. Not sure if I’m to keen on the Flomax yet but it’s made me feel worse nausea, stomach pain not sure if I wanna take it anymore."

Trucker (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Had kidney stones, had stent put in. Ugly, ugly painful surgery. Stent removal was just as bad as the surgery. When you ask the nurses how bad the stent removal will be, and they say, you have to ask the doctor, you know it's going to be bad. Flomax helped with the flow, but the side effects are unbearable. Back pain, nausea, low blood pressure, dry ejaculation, flu symptoms. Good bye FloMax."

Catman (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Was taking tamsulosin to improve urine flow. The drug does improve the flow and I was getting up fewer times at night. Sadly the side effects became too much to bear. I had excessive sweating, a completely stuffed up nose, weakness, a rapid heartbeat for no reason and general fatigue. The drug also made me breath heavy and rapidly and I had a hard time catching my breath. I am going to stop tamsulosin and try afluzosin."

Rock_Stone (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Had a 4 mm kidney stone and was told it is likely to take 3 - 4 weeks to pass. Offered a stent, which I refused. Started Flomax and stone passed 2 days later. Read one online case note about the use of Flomax which suggested it was more effective for larger stones (6 - 7 mm) and only marginal benefit for smaller stones. I think the marginal benefit was because stones smaller in size are expected to pass on their own. However, it is my opinion that Flomax sped the passage of this smaller stone. It also worked to relieve the pain. For anyone suffering with kidney stones, trying Flomax is a must."

Matt (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "While Flomax definitely helps with ease and volume of urination, the side effects are just too much. This is the second time I’ve tried it. The first time (about a year ago) I stopped for the horrible side effects and decided I would never take it again. This time I guess I forgot about those because I told my Dr. I wanted to try it again. Within a day or two I stopped getting up as much at night, I had a more powerful stream, and I didn’t feel the urgent sensation to pee as much. I also experience dizziness, nausea, headaches, toothaches, ejaculation problems, and for some reason it makes me have a hard time breathing. I’m stopping it today for the second time. Hopefully I’ll remember these side effects the next time I think I might want to take it."

Ipeefreely (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "They need to go back to the drawing board and redesign this drug. The side effects are unacceptable."

Avg Joe (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 25, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Has way too many side effects dizziness, fatigue, myalgia and it made me constipated. It really seems like our doctors don’t know anything. I’ve been using natural supplements and I actually have a quality of life that is bearable. Going to China to be cured. Alpha blockers are designed to make you stay on a life treatment with horrible symptoms. No thank you I’ll stick with my own recipes that I came up with that help more than anything any doctor has given me. All the doctors think I’m crazy but they’re just programmed that way and very text book. Think outside the box people, if your treatments don’t work it is time to do more research."

Huggy bear (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have had BPH for several years but I have always hated taking any sort of drug so I put up with weak flow and getting up often at night to urinate. As I was getting more and more often I saw my doctor and she recommended Tamsulosin. After about 3 days I did notice a stronger urine flow, however this did not continue and I took the drug for 2 months and found little or no improvement in my condition. The flow during the day was a little stronger but at night it was still stop start and I was still having to get up in the night 4 or 5 times. So it did not work for me and I am seeing my doctor again in a couple of days."

John S (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "After years of taking Finasteride and my BPH getting worse lately, my Dr took me off Finasteride and started me on Tamsulosin. It was effective in increasing my urine stream and output, but I experienced bad nasal congestion, light headedness, and lowering of my blood pressure. My blood pressure became extremely low and I was taken off the Tamsulosin. It also interacted with the Warfarin I take. The medicine itself was effective, but the side effects were bad."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "In a couple of days my kidney stones passed out with no probs"

Jimmy September 9, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "not any good compared to last kind I got."

j d (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 8, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "After 1 week of flomax, urine flow was slightly effected. I have started experiencing dizziness, extreme fatigue, weakness, nausea, diarrhea, headache, chills, body aches and flu like symptoms. Goodbye flomax."

mesher (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have frequent urination at night. Dr prescribed Flomax. I took my first pill last evening 30 minutes after dinner. Felt nauseous in the morning. Got up for work and nearly passed out in the shower. Flopped on the bed wrapped in a towel. Had a cold sweat. My BP must have dropped. I did not go to work today and have been lethargic all day. I am not taking Flomax ever again."

Yogi (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I was diagnosed with BPH about 8-10 years ago. Years went by and had difficulty urinating. I thought it was normal and never mentioned it to my doctors because they knew about it. Went to a new doctor about 2 weeks ago and he prescribed this medication. After the very first pill I noticed a significant difference. Total game changer for me. I feel sorry for you guys who it’s not working well for. I can literally say, I feel your pain but It works for me!"

Relieved (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Took Flomax for 1 1/2 years for an enlarged prostate. On the positive side, it did help ease the flow of urine, though not significantly on the frequency. However, my blood pressure kept dropping and on my daily walks I noticed I would often feel like I'm going to pass out or faint. This was happening 4 or 5 times per hour, so I asked my doctor if I could withdraw the medication to see if these attacks or syncope would go away. After 3 days I noticed that the symptoms had gone. It's about 1 month now without an attack. So my personal diagnosis, for what it is worth, is that Flomax can reduce blood pressure enough to cause symptoms akin to syncope."

cricket4692 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 21, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I tried to pass the stone for three weeks my doctor was going to do surgery on Tuesday. Took one Flomax on Saturday night and pass it within three hours. With no pain whatsoever"

GB August 18, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I had a 7 mm kidney stone. I took Flomax for 3 weeks and the ultrasound showed that it had stayed put so the urologist scheduled me for surgery a few days later. When I got to the hospital it had passed without my noticing. I have had a kidney stone before and I know that it can be incredibly painful - much worse than childbirth from my personal experience. Therefore I am very happy with Flomax. I am a woman and Flomax is technically prostate medicine so it was a bit of an ordeal to get my insurance to approve it but well worth it."

Jessica (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018