User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Overactive Bladder
5.4

Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 6.3 290 reviews

Reviews for Tamsulosin

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "It works pretty well for me but I have to use larger dose. I'm 80 years old and I'll take anything that helps a little bit and Flomax helps I wish it would last longer"

jack (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 12, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I only used tamsulosin for two day (mild BPH). I'm rating it a 1 primarily because it did nothing to help: no difference in the frequency or ease of urination at night. But, the side effects sure didn't help: - mild dizziness just after taking it - general body malaise - foggy brain - headache - stuffy nose - upper, front teeth hurt. - eyes hurt I can't imagine people taking this every day for the rest of their lives."

uildwayoment (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Very difficult to run. Muscles seem to not repair. I run 4 miles and feel like I ran a marathon the next day. Lots of lightheadedness. Skin tender; hurts - feels Like the flu. My BPH must be severe because after 2 months I still have to self cath. Would like to get TURP and get off this med ASAP."

Usedtorun (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 31, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I'm not bashing the drug, I actually think my specialist incorrectly diagnosed my condition as the drug itself, three weeks in, has done nothing to increase the flow but rather reduced it to a dribble. I now need to pee more frequently, it takes forever to empty my bladder as well. I have developed a strange sensation of false memories followed by the feeling that I want to vomit (I have no other way of explaining that), if that is even a side effect I don't know but I never had such a sensation prior to this past three week window of Sandoz-Tamsulosin (flomax). Back to the specialist I go!"

B.Near (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I took this for about three weeks for BPH. After nearly passing out the second time after standing up I decided it wasn't worth it. Also had nausea and lethargy. It did help somewhat with urine flow but the side effects caused me to stop."

Loomey (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "This medication has proven to be nothing short of a complete success for me. In fact, it has been more than complete. My doc prescribed it to treat the urinary issues associated with BPH. It's been very effective in that regard - by enabling the complete emptying of my bladder, I can get a full night's sleep - just as my doc intended. What he didn't mention, and probably doesn't know or care about, came as a complete surprise to me. It has totally eliminated my turtling. Men who have this know what I'm talking about."

btp99 May 10, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I want to stop using. Stopping my water pill and other drugs has improved urine flow I believe BPH was listed as the doctor could not find anything wrong"

Nick The R#%k May 1, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "To me, the benefits definitely do not outweigh the side effects! I started taking tamsulosin in the fall of 2017 and continued until March of 2018. During that time, I experienced constant sneezing and other flu like symptoms; headaches that I never had before; retrograde ejaculation, like wise something new; back pain and rhinitis. I unilaterally decided to taper off the drug and live with going to the bathroom 3 or 4 times per night! Still have the symptoms to varying degrees; however, it has only been about a month since I quit the drug."

thistle (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "After being diagnosed with a 6mm stone that was in the "funnel" of my right kidney, I was given Flomax. I took it for 8 days before I was scheduled for lithotrispy. I felt nothing unusual ever although my urine stopped having blood in it. When I went for the litho, they could not locate the stone. I had passed it and did not know it! It worked so well for me that I think everyone should ask about this if you have a kidney stone. It's a lot less traumatic than lithotripsy and a stent. I rated 9/10 because it did give me a headache."

Miss Stewart (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

For Overactive Bladder: "I couldn't pee. Now I can. And I'm a lot less stressed. Will continue to take this"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Shortly after taking first dose the nerves in my right hand started twitching. Then the twitching moved up my right arm, into the shoulder , and then throughout my whole body. Heavy chills then followed. Total duration 60 minutes. Then all chills and twitching ceased and I became light-headed. Waking the next morning my right hand, arm and shoulder felt as if I had been swinging a hammer for several hours - this feeling lasted through 10:00 a.m."

Notgonnatakethisagain (taken for less than 1 month) March 30, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Does cause congestion in nose and hoarse voice"

Ro (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 18, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Fever, chills, insomnia"

Mike (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Last week I was diagnosed with my first kidney stone. 3 1/2mm. My doctor prescribed me toradol and buscapan (worked great for pain for me). He also mentioned flomax, and when I told him I had read about it online for helping kidney stones, he decided to let me give it a try. He told me it would drop my blood pressure so to take it at bedtime. Honestly at first I was nervous taking it (because its meant for men and I'm a women), so I didn't take it right away. After 7 days of not seeing much luck passing the stone, I decided to try a flomax! The first day I had a lot of sediment in my pee. (Side note: being female, I think once the stone got in my bladder, I felt like I had a UTI, like a pinching burning feeling at the end of my pee). Anyways I was so impressed with all the pieces I was passing I decided to try it again the next night. That night I woke up and I'm sure I passed it because all my symptoms went away the next morning and I felt great. Very impressed would recommend!"

Owl March 10, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones: "I was prescribed this medicine yesterday. I have 4 to 5 mm renal calculi in both kidney. I took my first dose at 9 PM at night and slept around 11 PM. I felt urge to go to the washroom at 4.30 AM. In washroom I fell down, got up and again fell down. As if I did not have control on my body. I sat for some time and as I stood up fell for the third time. With some difficulty I reached my bed .Not taking it any more . Going to ask to prescribe me something else ."

Taj (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2018

For Urinary Tract Stones: "I have urinary retention and take Flomax at night to avoid the dizziness. But unfortunately, the first night I took it I still had sinus congestion. I have severe breathing problems so of course not being able to breath out of my nose caused major anxiety. The next day I flushed my sinuses out with NeilMed Sinus Rinse, waited 15-20 min, then used Flonase (steroid nasal spray). I use the sinus rinse daily (all natural ingredients makes it safe for daily use) when I wake up to remove the mucus, I take my HOT shower, then use one spray of Flonase in each nostril. Before going to bed I take the Flomax pill, lightly blow my nose, then use Flonase (one spray in each nostril). I have to add that YOU HAVE TO USE STERILIZED OR DISTILLED WATER TO MIX THE PRE-PACKAGED SALINE SOLUTION IN THE SINUS RINSE KIT!!!! I take the HOT shower after the sinus rinse so the steam will help with the slight congestion. It would also be a good idea to use a humidifier during the night to put moisture in the air, if needed."

Shawny Boo (taken for less than 1 month) March 3, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Diagnosed with BPH several years ago. Had the T.U.R.P. procedure for bladder stones AND to shave the prostate. All was OK until a few months ago ... suddenly had trouble urinating. Only dribbling with intense feeling of fullness and need to urinate. Emergency room visit to my local VA; workup showed everything was fine. Doctor prescribed Tamsulosin and within five-six hours urinating normally again. I do get up 3-4 times a night BUT stream is strong and voiding completely. (Physically and Mentally relieved.)"

Sportster HD (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Dehydration, stuffy nose, headache, sore side. Going to cut dose in half. Not my way of having fun. Nasty side effects, worst reaction to a drug"

Adam February 24, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Very effective but with many secondary effects like feeling something strange in the bladder, no ejaculation through uretra (it goes to the bladder) and also experienced difficulties in sleeping. Think I've got the coughing symptom too."

Andre Ramos February 16, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I live in the UK and I lost teeth due to this drug, started off as mouth ulcers, I realised it was tamsulosin causing this problem but my surgery refused to see me and told me to see a dentist, by the time it took to get an appointment, my teeth were so bad I had to have them removed. So much for my Dr surgeries and tamsulosin."

UK zebedee February 10, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "At first usage (.4) flow was increased. Continued usage did not increase flow. Physician prescribed tamulosin Feb 2017"

Oksuk (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Great! It's very effective."

Aremoola February 5, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "No semen during ejaculation"

Rockyn February 2, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Taking Tamsulosin seemed like a good idea at the time, but the side effects...suck, big time !"

WarmNorm (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I got flomax for my prostate problem - I had a low pee stream and was going to the restroom many times at night After 4- 5 hours of taking flomax I could pee like when I was 20 yrs old, no getting up night to pee. BUT! Next day to get up for work and I felt super dizzy, I almost fainted my head hurt, my muscles too. I'm not taking it- it's just not worth it"

E..Rodriguez (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2018