User Reviews for Tamsulosin

Also known as: Flomax

Learn more about Tamsulosin.

Urinary Tract Stones 81 reviews 18 medications

8.1
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 135 reviews 15 medications

5.7
Overactive Bladder 26 reviews 22 medications

5.4
Summary of Tamsulosin reviews 242 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Tamsulosin

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I have Medullary Sponge Kidney Disease and pass around 100 stones each year. I recently used Flomax to help me pass 4 & 5 mm stones that were in my bladder for 2-1/2 weeks and causing horrific bladder spasms. There were many times that I screamed and cried as I urinated. I was on strong pain medicine, but it didn't touch the bladder pain at all. I began taking Flomax and while the spasms didn't stop, the pain was more tolerable, and I passed my stones, 3 stones at once (2, 5, & 6 mm). I have trouble swallowing pills and capsules, and I wish Flomax came in a chewable or liquid. Otherwise, it works well with few side effects--only some mild dizziness. I take it as needed. My insurance refuses to cover it because I'm a woman."

MSK Mom (taken for 10 years or more) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Stones: "Flo max is a complete game changer in terms of handling a kidney stone at home and opting out of the emergency room visit ! Once the Flo max starts working, you likely have ended your medical emergency just that fast ( 5 minutes or less ) ! Flo max allows the urine to get past the stone which means your crisis has been defused so why does the Hospital run additional tests when technically you don't even belong in the emergency room once Flo max is doing its job ?"

Splinter- Ouch (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "After being prescribed Tamsulosin for 1 week my typical urinating volume during the daytime has increased from 150 to 250ml per event."

kentuk (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "0.4mg dose worked after only one day and continued to work well for 1 ½ years. Then not so much. Back to doctor. Perhaps change to 0.8mg dose."

Oldie123 July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Overactive Bladder: "Within ten days use of tamsulosin I got relieved in burning of my urination but ejaculated while sleeping without erection. Also getting minor pain in chest & shoulder. Sometimes feels dizzy when standing from bed."

Siddiq (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "I have hurt for the last 3 weeks really bad. I hurt so bad. I have taken 3 antibiotics the last 3 weeks. I finally decided it was enough and went to my Urologist. I was in so much pain. I was in tears. It was nonstop pain. My urologist told me that I had a stone or stones. My urologist prescribed me a pain med and Flomax. I thought Flomax was just for men. I looked it up and found out that it is used for kidney stones. I have taken Flomax once a day since Thursday and now I have no pain. I feel I passed the stone early this morning or it moved somewhere else. I am not hurting. I am so glad. I don't even know how to act, because I have been in so much pain for so long. I am set up for a CAT scan on Monday."

Luvrofmusik July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Flomax definitely worked for me. I just passed a series of six (6) 5mm kidney stones while using the bathroom. This was the third day (thus third dose) I had taken. In the past it's taken me weeks to pass just one 5mm stone. Side effects I experienced were a bit of muscle cramps/tensions in my legs and a numb feeling on the tip of my tongue. Not sure if that was the Flomax, the Oxy, or the Naproxen, or the large amounts of citrus fruits I ate/drank (lemon water and oranges) in an attempt to dissolve the stones. Either way Flomax helped me within 3 days. I am healed, thank God. Also just for reference I am a healthy (although overweight) 22y/o female and the stones were my only medical issue."

Marlaya (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I was experiencing severe back pain, in which I was barely able to turn my head to the right or the left. I did an extensive research and found out that the probable cause was my prostate. I consulted with my Doctor who confirmed that it was my prostate. I asked my Doctor to explain the connection between my back and neck pain, but she got irritated. She prescribed Flomax, which has been a nightmare for me. After taking the Flomax I was able to pee more freely, which has been a problem for me. Now I cannot hold my urine for long when I want to pee. Secondly, I do have a dry orgasm. did some research and found out that Flomax will do this. It is irreversible. Based on reviews here, it confirms my fears."

hoghole July 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I am 73, but an active man. I suffer from not being able to empty my bladder due to an enlarged prostrate. My new doctor put me on tamsulosin and it improved my urine flow, but not a massive difference to the number of times I need to urinate in a day, but I thought any improvement was worthwhile. However, I noticed the last few times I had sex, the feeling I had with ejaculation seemed to diminish until now I have no sensual feeling at all, although it has not affected my drive or erection. Having read some of the other comments, it seems that this drug is the culprit. I think I will have to stop taking it and see if there is something else that might work."

Mo. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "dizziness"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "This medicine helped as far as frequent trips to bath room at night. But I have about 90% of the listed side effects. After all these years of complaining the Dr has never implicated that Flomax had anything to do with my symptoms. I am dumb founded!"

Frogmorg June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Was give flowmax on Monday to help with frequent trips to bathroom. On Tuesday my tooth started hurting so I went to the Dentist only to be sent home with hope that it will just go away. The pain got worse and so intense that Thursday I went back to the Dentist who said he could see no reason for the pain so sent me to a specialist dentist 100 miles from my house. I had xrays hot and cold treatments and was sent home with more pain pills. I ONLY TOOK TWO FLOMAX PILLS, ONE MONDAY AND ONE TUESDAY . ON THE DRIVE HOME MY PAIN STARTED TO GO AWAY . I CALLED THE DR THAT GAVE ME THE FLOMAX HE SAID STOP CAN CAUSE TOOTH PAIN."

Mel1921 June 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Causes hot feet"

Bob8 June 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "40 YO Female just passed a 6mm stone that caused 3 weeks of renal colic followed by 2 months of being stuck in my bladder. CT showed it just outside my urethera. Urologist said surgery. I asked Google. This is where I came across info that indicated flomax could help though not FDA approved for use in women. I figured if the stone had already made it thru the kidney and ureter to the bladder it was certainly possible for it to travel just an inch further. So asked the Dr if I could try flomax before rushing into surgery and she agreed it couldn't hurt. Well it did hurt but only briefly in comparison to the entire episode. 2 pills (2 nights) and my 6 mm stone just kinda fell out. Long 3 month story short, I <3 Flowmax!"

I<3Flomax (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: "Really I’m interested on your post! Please post more article about Kidney stone Thanks a lot, Hamid "

sangekolye.com June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Stones: "I was diagnosed with kidney stones (four in left kidney; 3 in right kidney). All are approximately 4 mm. One was ready to go down the ureter and was causing me pain and uncomfortable feeling (like a UTI) for 10 days. Plus months of mid-back pain. I took one dose of Tamsulosin and passed the stone the next morning without any pain at all! I was so shocked! I thought at first that the stone was part of a granola bar that I had eaten a few hours earlier. But it was hard, so I had lab test it (Calcium Oxalate). I still have six more stones to pass. I won't take the Tamsulosin until I have the pain again. I felt a little off for a few days after taking the one dose. But absolutely worth it!"

Suzyinthewest June 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "flulike symptoms"

VetPet May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "The urine flow improved slightly but the worst thing that occurred was my heart racing & blood pressure rise after having a hot shower at bedtime. Usually my BP is around 120 / 80 pulse 55 .When this occurs it was 158/103 pulse 146, also I get a fluttering sensation in my heartbeat which is irregular. This does not happen every night but It has only occurred since taking tamsulosin for the last 2 months also feeling tired & lethargic."

Bnot (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Still waiting for some effect"

Joco loco (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I started on April 26 2017 after I had my 2nd prostate biopsy which was negative but I told the doc urinating was a problem sometimes so he prescribed tamsulosin 0.4 mg. My PSA was 6.9 so that is why I had the procedure done again. Urinating started to improve drastically buy my ejaculation was none and the sensation of the orgasm greatly diminished. I think I will live with getting up to wee twice a night in lieu of taking this medication. Also flatulence (farting) increased dramatically."

mahaf (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I was prescribe Flomax due to kidney stones. Other than the pain I felt fine, then started taking this drug, long story short I hate it. I took it for about a week , I suppose it might have helped remove the stone but I felt like crap Insomnia ,weakness, coughing, hiccuping constantly. Loss of appetite, foods just didn't appeal at all ,muscle pain, diarrhea, Thurs was my last pain, today is Monday i stopped taking them last Saturday I could not take another one. How anyone can be on these for weeks and months is beyond me"

Al24 May 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Urinary Tract Stones: "been taking this med for over one year now originally my doctor prescribed it for Kidney stones which now helps with my prostrate and bladder issues allowing me to have a normal urine flow. Also at one time noticed within a day or two of not taking the med began having a urine flow issue with a noticeable shrinkage in the penis while attempting to urinate. Once back on the medication all issues seem to return back to normal. I take the med in the mornings with all my other medications and supplements and do not experience any side effects by doing that."

Pdybravo (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "Have been taking flomax for past 6 days, usually get up 5 or 6 times a night to pee. Still getting up the same. No side affects for me. Still waiting for a good nights sleep."

Bricat70 May 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I just started this, and then read reviews here. I'm REALLY concerned. One guy said that he has good luck taking Flo Max every other day. If he reads this, do you get the side effects of sexual dysfunction, like every single other guy has mentioned here? I decided to try this and it seems to be working so far. Has anyone stopped this and had their sexual functioning return to normal? I wonder if this is just an effect of lowered blood pressure. Besides, I cannot afford this stuff. I've done a lot of research on natural alternatives. I'm going to try these, and at least right now am optimistic, as user reviews are very positive."

Peesfull (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I am 62 years old and have been on the generic Flomax for about two years now. I have noticed a big improvement in my ability to urinate and I no longer have problems starting a stream. Also, it no longer takes a long time to fully empty my bladder. (No more starting and stopping several times). My only problem is the sexual side effect of no ejaculation when I have an orgasm it bothers me that when.Obviously, this is not normal!"

Anonymous April 19, 2017