User Reviews for Tamsulosin (Page 6)

Also known as: Flomax

Urinary Tract Stones 7.5
Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia 5.1

Reviews for Tamsulosin

Jimmy September 9, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “In a couple of days my kidney stones passed out with no probs”

j d · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 8, 2018

For Urinary Frequency: “not any good compared to last kind I got.”

mesher · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “After 1 week of flomax, urine flow was slightly effected. I have started experiencing dizziness, extreme fatigue, weakness, nausea, diarrhea, headache, chills, body aches and flu like symptoms. Goodbye flomax.”

Yogi · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I have frequent urination at night. Dr prescribed Flomax. I took my first pill last evening 30 minutes after dinner. Felt nauseous in the morning. Got up for work and nearly passed out in the shower. Flopped on the bed wrapped in a towel. Had a cold sweat. My BP must have dropped. I did not go to work today and have been lethargic all day. I am not taking Flomax ever again.”

Relieved · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I was diagnosed with BPH about 8-10 years ago. Years went by and had difficulty urinating. I thought it was normal and never mentioned it to my doctors because they knew about it. Went to a new doctor about 2 weeks ago and he prescribed this medication. After the very first pill I noticed a significant difference. Total game changer for me. I feel sorry for you guys who it’s not working well for. I can literally say, I feel your pain but It works for me!”

cricket4692 · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 21, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Took Flomax for 1 1/2 years for an enlarged prostate. On the positive side, it did help ease the flow of urine, though not significantly on the frequency. However, my blood pressure kept dropping and on my daily walks I noticed I would often feel like I'm going to pass out or faint. This was happening 4 or 5 times per hour, so I asked my doctor if I could withdraw the medication to see if these attacks or syncope would go away. After 3 days I noticed that the symptoms had gone. It's about 1 month now without an attack. So my personal diagnosis, for what it is worth, is that Flomax can reduce blood pressure enough to cause symptoms akin to syncope.”

GB August 18, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I tried to pass the stone for three weeks my doctor was going to do surgery on Tuesday. Took one Flomax on Saturday night and pass it within three hours. With no pain whatsoever”

Jessica · Taken for less than 1 month August 14, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “I had a 7 mm kidney stone. I took Flomax for 3 weeks and the ultrasound showed that it had stayed put so the urologist scheduled me for surgery a few days later. When I got to the hospital it had passed without my noticing. I have had a kidney stone before and I know that it can be incredibly painful - much worse than childbirth from my personal experience. Therefore I am very happy with Flomax. I am a woman and Flomax is technically prostate medicine so it was a bit of an ordeal to get my insurance to approve it but well worth it.”

Ouchhh · Taken for less than 1 month August 13, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “Woke with horrific flank pain and went to ER. Cat scan revealed two stones. One at the top of uterer and other still inside kidney. The pain was excruciating. Morphine did nothing. Was given flomax and a shot of diludad. Pain stopped immediately from the diludad. Sent home with pain meds and more flomax to take once a day. Stone passed sometime between the time I left hospital and when the diladad wore off. Took around 6 hours total to pass. Will always keep this drug on hand! It does cause dizziness but Its so worth the side effect. Amazing!!”

jpozenel August 11, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “It does work. Sometimes too well. While taking it, I've been forced to wear a Depends Guard because there can be considerable "leakage". At most, I will take it once in the evening to allow me to get up less during the night. The worse part is the side-effects. During my yearly physical a few years ago, I told my doctor that I had back and hip pain that just doesn't seem to go away. In the past I had extremely painful backaches, but they would always go away. I had x-rays done and was told that I had osteoarthritis in my back and hips. If I stop taking Flomax for a few days, my aches and pains are nearly gone. If I start again, they are back. I also had arthritic pain in my hands that were diminished after stopping Flomax. My PSA has dropped and my urologist said my prostate is shrinking (some) thanks to taking Finasteride. I'll use Flomax only as really needed. I avoid it when possible.”

Quick Healing · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 3, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I had difficulty urinating due to enlarged prostate. And also had urinary retention. Flomax solved my problem and I now have very strong stream and am easily able to void. Very relieved. The only downside is retrograde ejaculation. No semen comes out at all. But I'm not in any relationship and nor am I trying to get anyone pregnant so it isn't an issue for me”

Jessica · Taken for less than 1 month August 2, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Urinary Tract Stones: “Female here. Had 2 stones one was 24mm and the other is 12 mm. Had Litho on the 24 mm stone 3 weeks ago with a stent and have slept on the toilet since that has been the only comfortable position. Dr. Wouldn' t give me any more pain pills. Then I go in for my "stent removal" he says I still have a lot of sediment to come out yet. As I cried in the office because of the 9 out of 10 out of control misery this stent is and has caused for over 3 weeks. He says well we could try flomax. I take the .4 TWICE a day and let me tell you I peed out more stone in 3 days than I collected in 3 weeks AND the "discomfort" is down to a 2/10. Thankfully cause I have to leave the stent in another 1-2 weeks. At least I'm not crying anymore. My only noticeable side effect is WILDLY detailed and terrifying dreams. But hey, At least I am sleeping.”

Consigliori July 21, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I can honestly state that there is no medication that I have taken with as many negative side effects as generic Flomax. Severe dizziness, nasal congestion my head felt like it was going to explode the back of my eyes, it throbbed similar to when you have a strong head cold and I also had fatigue. These are just a few of the overwhelming side effects that this drug presented me. These may occur especially when you stop and start the generic Flomax. I will never take this medication ever again in my entire life.”

Dan · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 2, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Has made urination easier and less urgent. The only side effect has been retrograde ejaculation. Kind of an odd feeling and no semen in the condom. There is some cloudiness in the urine with the first urination after sexual intercourse. After getting used to the feeling, sex is as pleasurable as it has always been.”

Doley · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Has helped with morning urination (constricted blockage) but now have severe retrograde ejaculation & complete failure.”

Dick · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Changed my life from the 1st pill. No sign of any of the possible side effects after 2 weeks of use. Hope the benefits do not wear off over time. A godsend.”

Hesh · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 22, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “one of the side effects is that if taken after the evening meal, excessive sweating occurs during sleep at night. Clothing, sheets and pillows get drenched.”

jack · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 12, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “It works pretty well for me but I have to use larger dose. I'm 80 years old and I'll take anything that helps a little bit and Flomax helps I wish it would last longer”

uildwayoment · Taken for less than 1 month June 5, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I only used tamsulosin for two day (mild BPH). I'm rating it a 1 primarily because it did nothing to help: no difference in the frequency or ease of urination at night. But, the side effects sure didn't help: - mild dizziness just after taking it - general body malaise - foggy brain - headache - stuffy nose - upper, front teeth hurt. - eyes hurt I can't imagine people taking this every day for the rest of their lives.”

Usedtorun · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 31, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “Very difficult to run. Muscles seem to not repair. I run 4 miles and feel like I ran a marathon the next day. Lots of lightheadedness. Skin tender; hurts - feels Like the flu. My BPH must be severe because after 2 months I still have to self cath. Would like to get TURP and get off this med ASAP.”

B.Near · Taken for less than 1 month May 27, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I'm not bashing the drug, I actually think my specialist incorrectly diagnosed my condition as the drug itself, three weeks in, has done nothing to increase the flow but rather reduced it to a dribble. I now need to pee more frequently, it takes forever to empty my bladder as well. I have developed a strange sensation of false memories followed by the feeling that I want to vomit (I have no other way of explaining that), if that is even a side effect I don't know but I never had such a sensation prior to this past three week window of Sandoz-Tamsulosin (flomax). Back to the specialist I go!”

Loomey · Taken for less than 1 month May 16, 2018

Flomax (tamsulosin) for Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I took this for about three weeks for BPH. After nearly passing out the second time after standing up I decided it wasn't worth it. Also had nausea and lethargy. It did help somewhat with urine flow but the side effects caused me to stop.”

btp99 May 10, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “This medication has proven to be nothing short of a complete success for me. In fact, it has been more than complete. My doc prescribed it to treat the urinary issues associated with BPH. It's been very effective in that regard - by enabling the complete emptying of my bladder, I can get a full night's sleep - just as my doc intended. What he didn't mention, and probably doesn't know or care about, came as a complete surprise to me. It has totally eliminated my turtling. Men who have this know what I'm talking about.”

Nick The R#%k May 1, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “I want to stop using. Stopping my water pill and other drugs has improved urine flow I believe BPH was listed as the doctor could not find anything wrong”

thistle · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 1, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: “To me, the benefits definitely do not outweigh the side effects! I started taking tamsulosin in the fall of 2017 and continued until March of 2018. During that time, I experienced constant sneezing and other flu like symptoms; headaches that I never had before; retrograde ejaculation, like wise something new; back pain and rhinitis. I unilaterally decided to taper off the drug and live with going to the bathroom 3 or 4 times per night! Still have the symptoms to varying degrees; however, it has only been about a month since I quit the drug.”