User Reviews for Tamoxifen to treat Breast Cancer, Adjuvant

Also known as: Soltamox

Tamoxifen Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Breast Cancer, Adjuvant.

Reviews for Tamoxifen

Nanoo · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2020

“I just started taking Tamoxifen about a week ago. I am always nauseous, I am noticing my hair thinning since I started, my jaw hurts and the pelvic pains are so uncomfortable. I am always crying and saying things I would never say. I will need to speak to my doctor and see if there are other alternatives. Hopefully there is.”

ESeard · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 14, 2019

“I've been on Tamoxifen for about a year as hormonal blockade for stage 1 invasive ductal carcinoma (small, but grade 3). At first, I just had insomnia, which is being treated with Ambien and Remeron. Now, I'm getting crushing fatigue, TMJ, and hip bursitis after I walk (about 2-3 miles on most days). I've also had a posterior vitreous detachment, first on left eye, then on right. The line I'm getting from oncology is: Those are symptoms of ageing; everyone has those, and it is not Tamoxifen that is causing it. Well, I went on a trip and stopped it for 3 weeks. Walking about 4 miles daily, on the go, and I didn't have the pain. Started Tamoxifen again, and it all came back within a month. Very frustrating, but I'm afraid not to take it.”

Mstrouble · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 6, 2017

“I had stage 2 grade A IDC with trace evidence in sentinel node, I've been on tamoxifen for 5 years with 5 years left to go. I currently have the following side effects; hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, fatigue, blurred vision, hair loss, hair thinning, hypertriglyceridemia, bone and joint pain, and can not tolerate drug brand changes, and have had to have a total hysterectomy.”

Still cancer free · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 15, 2015

“I am 41 years old and like many who have already posted, wished the doctors would just be more up front regarding the side effects. I think it would be more manageable, as sometimes I think I am crazy. I have had peeling of my hands, foot swelling, foot pain, decreased sex drive, fatigue, and yeast infections. I have taken Tamoxifen for 2 years and am on the 10 year study. My children are my motivation for taking this medicine.”

Kcyorkie · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 3, 2014

“Hot flushes not to bad, suffer from fatigue and bone pain, but the medicine makes me feel safe.”

Learn more about Breast Cancer, Adjuvant