User Reviews for Tacrolimus topical

Perioral Dermatitis
6.2

Summary of Tacrolimus reviews 6.9 65 reviews

Reviews for Tacrolimus

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "After months of trying many different steroid creams prescribed by my doctor, a dermatologist prescribed Protopic. Absolute miracle ointment. After two uses my skin had cleared up amazingly. I suffered bad for the last year with psoriasis on my face. I couldn’t cover with make up as it didn’t react well and just looked a mess. This has honestly changed my life and you would never know I even had psoriasis after just two weeks of applying. I was lucky and didn’t experience any uncomfortable side effects that many people mention such as burning. My face did few warm during the first 24 hours but nothing that was uncomfortable. Absolutely amazing stuff."

Bluebell (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I've been dealing with perioral dermatis and eczema on may face since June 2018. My face blew up after topical steroids were applied for what I thought was eczema. Fast forward to now Jan 21 2019 my skin I literally clear. I tried EVERYTHING. I spent sooo much money. I did take a round of prednisone in August and that help a lot but I was still getting these crazy flares. This ointment has been a life changer. It does burn and sometimes its for the first 2 application....but trust me it will get better. This is the first time in over 6 months that I have been rash and itch free. I also use Specto gel face soap."

AV (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: "The tacrolimus works, I have to use a good amount of it and make sure it soaks into the skin, so leaving it on for a few hours, but other than that it's the only medication that works for my face. You can also use a fan to help it absorb since it's an ointment. Its controlled the inflammation on my face and I am extremely grateful for it. I also get no burning sensation"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2019

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Works wonders, but be prepared for a wild ride if you are one of the unlucky lottery winners of this side effect. I was perscribed 0.1% Protopic ointment. When I put on my first application, there was no immediate burning. The burning began about 8-10h later. And intensified with each progressive application. Two weeks in and there is no end to the burning. Its not as bad as the first few days, but boy, I have NEVER felt anything like it. By my second day I was on the floor in tears (which I got to find out first hand, makes things much worse because apparently tears become caustic when they make contact with protopic-laden skin). I don't know how I feel about protopic. I mean, 10/10, it definitely does what it claims to do... VERY effectively. It has cleared up almost 90% of my problems that I have been dealing with for over a year, in just two weeks. But I don't enjoy feeling like I've made a deal with the devil, having to trek through fire to get there."

0.1% Protopic is pretty great January 18, 2019

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I've had eczema for my entire life but it started getting really bad around my eyes in the last year. It was super dry and flaky and nothing seemed to work. I tried tacrolimus and the first night I put it on it burned and itched so bad. When I woke up the next morning it was still mildly burning but after two more uses all symptoms stopped and my eczema began to clear. My face was clear within 5 uses but I continue to use it every night. This ointment isn't any gooier than steroid cremes I have been prescribed and it actually works."

kdub47 January 14, 2019

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I was prescribed Protopic for Contact dermatitis on my face. Pharmacist said it would burn a bit but subside and eventually after a few days would not burn anymore. I was a little scare so I tested on a small patch and waited 5 min. Nothing happened so I put the cream on all of my patches (50% of my face). Then 30 min later the intense burn started. After 30 min of intense burning I rinsed the cream off with cold water. But the burning sensation remained. I ended up putting ice on my face for 5 hours until I could tolerate a wet towel to go to sleep. I almost went the hospital the burn was so intense. I woke up 2 hrs later and removed the wet towel and I was no longer burning but my skin was emitting a lot of heat. I slept 2 more hours with minimal clothing and sheets and woke up to normal skin. Some of my rashes are 50% better after that one application but I am NEVER putting that cream on again. I rather itch."

shangella (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have struggled with flare ups for at least 5 years. Last couple of months I had rashes around my eyes and mouth. I was unable to show my face in public. I was feeling extremely depressed I have tried all possible treatments from eliminating all dairy and gluten. To eating all vitamins you can find and nothing have help until my doctor prescribed Protopic! It was a burning sensation when applying it for the first 2 times. And every time my skin would normally react (flare up) to something It would start burning as if the ornaments actually helped my skin to fight the reaction. After 2 days my skin cleared up and now after a week, my skin is the best it’s been in many years. Feels like I am cured. Why is my question doesn’t doctors prescribe this all the time? It will save people’s life’s"

Mrs Boss October 3, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This is a miracle drug! I have seen 10 doctors (4 specialties) and no one could help with 15+ creams and oral meds. Finally a new allergist prescribed protopic with triamcinolone cream combined. It burned like hell for 1-2 days then that resolved along with this horrible skin condition I have dealt with for about 8 months!!! I’ve been on it 8 days. I’m thinking I can maybe taper down to a few times a week now. This has changed my life back to the way it was before the rash."

Sherri (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Check side affects of this cream It has a warning about lymphoma!"

Disappointed! September 24, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Few days back I had been to my dermatologist they recommended me tacrolimus ointment to apply on the affected spots on my face and from where I remembered it itched so bad I didn't have any burning sensation though but the itching was too severe and my face was getting light reddish too. I thought that it had some kind of allergic reaction with my skin ...but only in 2 days the white spots started vanishing and the itchiness subsided after 5 days and in 1 week I got a clear smooth skin. It really did work (though it needs a lot of patience about the greasiness and for the annoying itching but it really does work)"

Ani September 19, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Worst topical cream I used for skin itch. It actually made the condition worse for me. Ask for sample before you buy it as it’s not cheap either."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I have used protopic for my lupus rash and it has help me with the itching and help me I am very happy with ointment"

rose davis (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This product. -_- I've had eczema for as long as I can remember and now it's started to spread to new areas. Dermatologist prescribed this to use around face and neck as it's not a steroid. I was aware that it initially burns the first few times...almost to the point of rather dealing with eczema over the burning. (I've used it a handful of times now, as and when. It does soften the thick build up. However after applying the skin very sensitive to itching. Well...last night I itched my neck 2 hours after applying this...DO NOT DO THIS. I never knew "burning" had levels 10 times worse than experienced. Had to scrub the area and apply wet fannel for a good hour to calm it down. It may work, just not for the faint hearted."

Miss Doubtfire (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My experience was similar to those described on this blog: I had a severe patch of AD on my elbow and behind my knee. Day 1 initial application did result in a burning sensation and intense itchiness at times which in my case lasted 24 hours or so. I strongly recommend persisting with the product past this difficult first phase because these irritating side effects subside soon after. Cold compresses btw definitely help with the itch. By the end of Day 2, I started to see a significant difference/clearing in the affected areas and by the end of Day 4, my AD was almost completely healed. This drug is an absolute godsend and an amazing medical innovation. The only con is the greasiness of the ointment but it is a small price to pay for relief from this chronic and often debilitating skin condition."

Relieved (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Doctor prescribed me this ointment a couple weeks ago. I finally decided to use it after several weeks. Within minutes of applying the ointment to my skin it burned my skin so bad. Literally was shaking as I tried to fall asleep with the excruciating burning. I blistered all over my arms and it was horrible. Showering hurt like anything. Don't get it if you have very very sensitive skin."

H (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have Lichen Atrophicus (autoimmune) around the perianal area. Itchy specially when sweaty or at night. An application of protopic as a thin layer seems to quench the itching and make me forget I have the condition for a few days. I do it as single isolated treatments as needed, which is good given the cost..."

Peter May 30, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I'm using this to prevent pitiriasis alba as a result of ezcema. Protopic is very greasy, so I use it at night only, and only on affected spots every few days (when needed). It takes away all signs of my eczema within a few days, and I haven't had a single spot of pitiriasis alba since using it. I haven't noticed any side effects or burning. Corticosteroids had no impact on my eczema whatsoever. Love this product."

Kone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Miracle! Struggled with swollen itchy eyes over a month. Miserable! I would come home and use cold clothes on my eyes most nights. One application. I could feel a difference and the next day I felt human and it was so much better. Yes, it burned at the start which lasted about 1/2 hour, but considering what I had been dealing with, no big deal. The next day you do get a warm sensation, but it was odd, not uncomfortable. Truly a godsend!"

Juke (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "I have Seborrheic dermatitis and the skin issues on my face and forehead, behind the ear, neck, chest, can be handled quite easily with this cream. It is an expensive cream compared to other cream but it works in my experience. Of course it is not magical and depending on situation it can take a week of application for me to get it down under control. By that I mean not so red or flakey or spots. Like others I sometimes feel a little itchiness after application, but I'm guessing that's the work of the cream at work. I don't know if there are any side effects, but I only tend to apply it if my condition flares up really bad to get it under control. It isn't 100% cure but at least it helps a lot for my skin problem. I'm living in South east Asia if that makes any difference."

CyberMew (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I was given this by dermatologist for psoriasis on my face, the first 2 applications felt like acid on my skin but this has since settled, my psoriasis has improved beyond my expectations, I have completely stopped using the steroid ointment. It is a little greasy so I only use it at night but it’s worth it ."

Dominocat (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I had a very bad experience after applying the Protopic ointment on my cheeks and chin two times only. I paid $92.00 for a tube of 30g and can't use it because I got a huge burning sensation all over my face for 3 days and 3 nights. I had to sleep with an ice on my face and holding ice during a day. It looks like I was allergic to it and the horrible Pharmacy in Vancouver, BC would not give me my money back. I would never recommend this medication to anybody!!! I went to see my other clinic doctor, who said that Protopic tacrolimus 0.1% ointment is very strong. He gave me a mild compounded cream instead. I lost the money on Protopic 0.1% ointment and had to pay for my new cream again. Unbelievable...."

Stenia March 28, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "After using triamcelone and then betamethasone diploate last night I used protopic generic 0.1. I thought I would go out of my mind. I have red spots on both arms, back part of neck and chest. The burning and itching was so severe. I had to take 2 generic valiums, allegra 24 and advil with ice packs to help calm it down. Developed more redness under left breast which got redder. I'm afraid to put it on today Sat. I also found out I have nickel cobalt allergy. I'm so depressed. I just lost my 16 yr old yorkie last week..so I'm stressed more.. these drs prescribe and don't treat you."

jewel6 March 17, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "This medication feels like putting salt in a wound. I was prescribed this for severe hand eczema after steroids failed to control it. I would rather not be treated at all than suffer the two hours of intense burning pain and swelling that happens with every application. My skin is worse after using this."

bootee January 31, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Using this cream makes my skin as smooth as a baby’s bum. It honestly does work on my eczema however I only use it on my face as I cannot stand the burning sensation It’s greasy and so I only use it at night but the burning hot sensation is not pleasant on the first application This is why I won’t use it on my arms and legs as I cannot stand feeling this way. It robs me of my sleep on the first night of application however second and third day the burning sensation seems to subside I tend to spend most the night sticking my head out of the window to try and catch some cold air. It’s just awful but it actually works which is why I persevere"

Tas93 January 23, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "Works great on some areas. Inverse area where there is sensitive skin like armpits, groin maybe it might work if it didn’t cause an unbearable itch and burning causing more damage."

Corey7172 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018