User Reviews for Tacrolimus

Perioral Dermatitis
6.2

Summary of Tacrolimus reviews 6.7 59 reviews

Reviews for Tacrolimus

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have struggled with flare ups for at least 5 years. Last couple of months I had rashes around my eyes and mouth. I was unable to show my face in public. I was feeling extremely depressed I have tried all possible treatments from eliminating all dairy and gluten. To eating all vitamins you can find and nothing have help until my doctor prescribed Protopic! It was a burning sensation when applying it for the first 2 times. And every time my skin would normally react (flare up) to something It would start burning as if the ornaments actually helped my skin to fight the reaction. After 2 days my skin cleared up and now after a week, my skin is the best it’s been in many years. Feels like I am cured. Why is my question doesn’t doctors prescribe this all the time? It will save people’s life’s"

Mrs Boss October 3, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This is a miracle drug! I have seen 10 doctors (4 specialties) and no one could help with 15+ creams and oral meds. Finally a new allergist prescribed protopic with triamcinolone cream combined. It burned like hell for 1-2 days then that resolved along with this horrible skin condition I have dealt with for about 8 months!!! I’ve been on it 8 days. I’m thinking I can maybe taper down to a few times a week now. This has changed my life back to the way it was before the rash."

Sherri (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Check side affects of this cream It has a warning about lymphoma!"

Disappointed! September 24, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Few days back I had been to my dermatologist they recommended me tacrolimus ointment to apply on the affected spots on my face and from where I remembered it itched so bad I didn't have any burning sensation though but the itching was too severe and my face was getting light reddish too. I thought that it had some kind of allergic reaction with my skin ...but only in 2 days the white spots started vanishing and the itchiness subsided after 5 days and in 1 week I got a clear smooth skin. It really did work (though it needs a lot of patience about the greasiness and for the annoying itching but it really does work)"

Ani September 19, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Worst topical cream I used for skin itch. It actually made the condition worse for me. Ask for sample before you buy it as it’s not cheap either."

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I have used protopic for my lupus rash and it has help me with the itching and help me I am very happy with ointment"

rose davis (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "This product. -_- I've had eczema for as long as I can remember and now it's started to spread to new areas. Dermatologist prescribed this to use around face and neck as it's not a steroid. I was aware that it initially burns the first few times...almost to the point of rather dealing with eczema over the burning. (I've used it a handful of times now, as and when. It does soften the thick build up. However after applying the skin very sensitive to itching. Well...last night I itched my neck 2 hours after applying this...DO NOT DO THIS. I never knew "burning" had levels 10 times worse than experienced. Had to scrub the area and apply wet fannel for a good hour to calm it down. It may work, just not for the faint hearted."

Miss Doubtfire (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "My experience was similar to those described on this blog: I had a severe patch of AD on my elbow and behind my knee. Day 1 initial application did result in a burning sensation and intense itchiness at times which in my case lasted 24 hours or so. I strongly recommend persisting with the product past this difficult first phase because these irritating side effects subside soon after. Cold compresses btw definitely help with the itch. By the end of Day 2, I started to see a significant difference/clearing in the affected areas and by the end of Day 4, my AD was almost completely healed. This drug is an absolute godsend and an amazing medical innovation. The only con is the greasiness of the ointment but it is a small price to pay for relief from this chronic and often debilitating skin condition."

Relieved (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "Doctor prescribed me this ointment a couple weeks ago. I finally decided to use it after several weeks. Within minutes of applying the ointment to my skin it burned my skin so bad. Literally was shaking as I tried to fall asleep with the excruciating burning. I blistered all over my arms and it was horrible. Showering hurt like anything. Don't get it if you have very very sensitive skin."

H (taken for less than 1 month) June 12, 2018

For Not Listed / Other: "I have Lichen Atrophicus (autoimmune) around the perianal area. Itchy specially when sweaty or at night. An application of protopic as a thin layer seems to quench the itching and make me forget I have the condition for a few days. I do it as single isolated treatments as needed, which is good given the cost..."

Peter May 30, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I'm using this to prevent pitiriasis alba as a result of ezcema. Protopic is very greasy, so I use it at night only, and only on affected spots every few days (when needed). It takes away all signs of my eczema within a few days, and I haven't had a single spot of pitiriasis alba since using it. I haven't noticed any side effects or burning. Corticosteroids had no impact on my eczema whatsoever. Love this product."

Kone (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 20, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Miracle! Struggled with swollen itchy eyes over a month. Miserable! I would come home and use cold clothes on my eyes most nights. One application. I could feel a difference and the next day I felt human and it was so much better. Yes, it burned at the start which lasted about 1/2 hour, but considering what I had been dealing with, no big deal. The next day you do get a warm sensation, but it was odd, not uncomfortable. Truly a godsend!"

Juke (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2018

For Seborrheic Dermatitis: "I have Seborrheic dermatitis and the skin issues on my face and forehead, behind the ear, neck, chest, can be handled quite easily with this cream. It is an expensive cream compared to other cream but it works in my experience. Of course it is not magical and depending on situation it can take a week of application for me to get it down under control. By that I mean not so red or flakey or spots. Like others I sometimes feel a little itchiness after application, but I'm guessing that's the work of the cream at work. I don't know if there are any side effects, but I only tend to apply it if my condition flares up really bad to get it under control. It isn't 100% cure but at least it helps a lot for my skin problem. I'm living in South east Asia if that makes any difference."

CyberMew (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2018

For Psoriasis: "I was given this by dermatologist for psoriasis on my face, the first 2 applications felt like acid on my skin but this has since settled, my psoriasis has improved beyond my expectations, I have completely stopped using the steroid ointment. It is a little greasy so I only use it at night but it’s worth it ."

Dominocat (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "I had a very bad experience after applying the Protopic ointment on my cheeks and chin two times only. I paid $92.00 for a tube of 30g and can't use it because I got a huge burning sensation all over my face for 3 days and 3 nights. I had to sleep with an ice on my face and holding ice during a day. It looks like I was allergic to it and the horrible Pharmacy in Vancouver, BC would not give me my money back. I would never recommend this medication to anybody!!! I went to see my other clinic doctor, who said that Protopic tacrolimus 0.1% ointment is very strong. He gave me a mild compounded cream instead. I lost the money on Protopic 0.1% ointment and had to pay for my new cream again. Unbelievable...."

Stenia March 28, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "After using triamcelone and then betamethasone diploate last night I used protopic generic 0.1. I thought I would go out of my mind. I have red spots on both arms, back part of neck and chest. The burning and itching was so severe. I had to take 2 generic valiums, allegra 24 and advil with ice packs to help calm it down. Developed more redness under left breast which got redder. I'm afraid to put it on today Sat. I also found out I have nickel cobalt allergy. I'm so depressed. I just lost my 16 yr old yorkie last week..so I'm stressed more.. these drs prescribe and don't treat you."

jewel6 March 17, 2018

For Atopic Dermatitis: "This medication feels like putting salt in a wound. I was prescribed this for severe hand eczema after steroids failed to control it. I would rather not be treated at all than suffer the two hours of intense burning pain and swelling that happens with every application. My skin is worse after using this."

bootee January 31, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Using this cream makes my skin as smooth as a baby’s bum. It honestly does work on my eczema however I only use it on my face as I cannot stand the burning sensation It’s greasy and so I only use it at night but the burning hot sensation is not pleasant on the first application This is why I won’t use it on my arms and legs as I cannot stand feeling this way. It robs me of my sleep on the first night of application however second and third day the burning sensation seems to subside I tend to spend most the night sticking my head out of the window to try and catch some cold air. It’s just awful but it actually works which is why I persevere"

Tas93 January 23, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Perioral Dermatitis: "Works great on some areas. Inverse area where there is sensitive skin like armpits, groin maybe it might work if it didn’t cause an unbearable itch and burning causing more damage."

Corey7172 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2018

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I tried everything for my eczema, it started around my eyes then spread to my face and neck. I really didn’t want to use medications so I tried various diets, cleanses, acupuncture, vitamins. I suffered for a whole year and spent thousands of dollars on other treatments. Finally I gave in and went to the derm. He gave me protopic. The first time I used it- it burned like hell but I kept it on anyhow. After two applications my eczema has cleared! It’s been two months and I’ve only had to use it 2 or 3 times as maintenance and I have clear skin. It works!"

Ao1234 December 5, 2017

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Applied this to treat what looked like a mix of folliculitis and atopic dermatitis flares (but which turned out to be just atopic dermatitis) on both lower legs, especially the shins. Itchiness, redness and dryness abated about 80% after one week without any initial irritations or burning sensation. There is no feeling of soreness or increased sensibility whatsoever, I've basically just stopped thinking about those problematic parts of my skin, so there's that passive psychological boost, too. Only 9/10 because long term results are still unknown and because it's pretty greasy."

qrk (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2017

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "I have AD on my eyelids and under the eyes and around my mouth. My dermatologist prescribed me this medication today and I put it on 2 hours ago. After those two hours, the areas where I put on protopic had felt like they were on fire. I hopped into the shower to wash my face, and to my surprise, the burning didn't subside. As I am typing this, I'm sitting in front of my fan and patting my face with a wet washcloth when it feels like its burning. I can't describe the amount of pain I feel at the moment, but I will stick with the cream because it is my only option at the moment. I'll check back if the burning subsides."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 29, 2017

For Atopic Dermatitis: "I've been using Protopic and Tacrolimus for many years and like most users the first time I applied Protopic it the itching and the burning was CRAZY. But you get over that in a day or two and realize this ointment is a lifesaver. In fact it is the ONLY medicine that clears my face and I've tried them all ..."

DavidinDenver (taken for 10 years or more) July 28, 2017

For Perioral Dermatitis: "The first time you apply, you will have one INTENSE itching and burning sensation to the area. My area was around the nose and mouth area.. Keep applying the crème since this side effect will subside after a few days. I did feel some tingling in my lips area after the area healed. Other then that, this product works great!!!"

CDion47 May 31, 2017

Protopic (tacrolimus) for Atopic Dermatitis: "Developed eczema on my eye lids and hair line around my face. Itchy red and burning for a few months flare ups were painful. Dr prescribed cortisone but it was only temporary help. I did not to apply lots. Then dermatologist prescribed protopic. Yes, it burned for the first 72 hrs but it subsided and I was completely healed within a week! Such a relief. I only apply when I feel like a flare up is starting. Great for preventing."

Ang27 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 21, 2017